Bod Mod Society Watch

Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not just for cartilage piercings - any piercings. BCRs move around more, possibly dragging more bacteria or crusties into the wound and irritating it. They're a very common cause of hypertrophic scarring because of the movement. Cartilage is quite easily irritated compared to other parts of the body though, so they can have more of an effect in cartilage piercings I guess.
Eidolon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Brana)
Hi guys,
I was thinking of getting my septum pierced! I'm living in London, and I was hoping someone can tell me some good places where to do it. I really don't care about the price as long as they are professionals, are clean and know their business :-)

I heard great stories about Cath from Chioko, but she has sadly passed away!! :-(

Thanks!!
Cold Steel in Camden is amazing, very clean, very professional
Subbacultcha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm changin the BCR on my helix to a micro barbell to try and help it heal a bit better - what length barbell will i need (have a bit of swelling/hypertrophic scarring on the back of the piercing) - was thinking 8mm????
Shaz_08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a cold, which caused me to get a bump on my tragus piercing and was given antibiotics by my doctor and Fucidin. I applied the cream topically and took the antibiotics and whilst the bump decreased in size, it is still there. I'm doing sea salt soaks, is there anything else I can do to make it completely disappear?
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shaz_08)
I had a cold, which caused me to get a bump on my tragus piercing and was given antibiotics by my doctor and Fucidin. I applied the cream topically and took the antibiotics and whilst the bump decreased in size, it is still there. I'm doing sea salt soaks, is there anything else I can do to make it completely disappear?
Time. It's the best healer.
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm getting my cartilege pierced next week
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nynyflower)
I'm getting my cartilege pierced next week
With a needle i hope!
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh yes, definitely, the piercer I go to is really good, he does pierce lobes with a gun but he did my nose with a needle and I know that basically everything else is done with needles too
CazTheSpider
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone
I'm a bit of a piercing fanatic!
I've got standard lobes, 2 left cartilage piercings and recently had my navel pierced, considering a tragus next!
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
woo both of my ears are at 5mm now I bought some beautiful acrylic spirals for them...they look awesome!
ImperceptibleNinja
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loz_fairy)
woo both of my ears are at 5mm now I bought some beautiful acrylic spirals for them...they look awesome!
Ooh, picture? Pretty-please?
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by piece_by_piece)
I had my helix pierced about 2 years ago, and I only wear it on and off because there's a "bump" on my ear where the piercing is. Do you think I should just leave it to heal up completely because it really hurts and I don't think it should still be hurting two years on.
i foolishly got my helix gunned (it was £3 - how could i not!). i thought it had healed fine at first but after two years of constant nagging pain i took it out.
even if you had your ear pierced with a needle, if its not getting better i seriously recommend taking it out and getting repierced a little further along.

whilst on the subject of achey piercings, i got my rook pierced a year back and it never really felt better, whereas most of my holes got better straight away. anyway i got my specs on and had a good look and it turned out it was about to pop out of my ear.

moral of the story -if it still hurts after a couple of months then it probably means theres something wrong and you should take it out.
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
also, i just got my outer conch pierced with an orbital. it was hilarious - just as he put the ball on i bled out all over the chair and his table with the equipment on. oops! i dont think it was anything to do with the artist - he checked the location for any obvious blood vessels ready to pop, i just think it was me.

anyway i was wondering if anyone else has had a piercing bleed alot (mine stopped after a minute) and if anyone had any tips on conch orbital aftercare.

finally just to say that it was my first piercing at [ab]normal in bath, and my mate got her venoms done there aswell (it looked scary as **** getting it done) but despite the fact that the bloke looks like a bit of a drip, he seemed pretty good. the only thing is that if you want something a bit more unusual, you might want to phone in and make sure he has the jewellrey autoclaved for you when you get there.

getting a lip piercing next - any advice?

*end of lecture*
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
Ooh, picture? Pretty-please?
As soon as I get home
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had my cartilege pierced today, I love it

I'm also stretching my ear up to 3mm in a minute, pics to come! I realised I had 5 holes in my body now...
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You can see 3 of my piercings in this photo, the other two are boring lobe piercings in the other ear.

I wanna know what posessed me to stretch my up a gauge on the same day I had a needle stuck through my cartilege, oowww
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
these were a birthday present from my bf... yum, my other plugs aren't going to get a look in

Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow Eidolon, they're lovely!! How big is your ear?
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
7/16" ~ 11-12mm, sorry for the tiny picture, I just always find it disconcerting to see a massive ear on the internet!

I have an enormous collection of jewellery, it is quite an obsession of mine!
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have officially retired my 3 year old 5mm stretches.

Thought it was time to grow up a bit and wear slightly more demure jewellery! I'm so relieved I can wear proper danglies now!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads