Bod Mod Society Watch

Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Eidolon)
7/16" ~ 11-12mm, sorry for the tiny picture, I just always find it disconcerting to see a massive ear on the internet!

I have an enormous collection of jewellery, it is quite an obsession of mine!
Gosh lol! You took a better picture than I did, awkward angle really
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nynyflower)

You can see 3 of my piercings in this photo, the other two are boring lobe piercings in the other ear.

I wanna know what posessed me to stretch my up a gauge on the same day I had a needle stuck through my cartilege, oowww
But...stretching shouldn't hurt, so it shouldn't really make a difference ;D And you shouldn't really wear tapers as jewellery, if you were going to.
/lecture

I haven't had any new piercings for ages. I much prefer spending all my money on new plugs.
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
But...stretching shouldn't hurt, so it shouldn't really make a difference ;D And you shouldn't really wear tapers as jewellery, if you were going to.
/lecture

I haven't had any new piercings for ages. I much prefer spending all my money on new plugs.
I know, I know, the stretch didn't really hurt (I left it a month since the last one), my ear was just painful as it was from the piercing! And yes, I'm waiting on a plug from ebay but I got impatient knowing I had the taper
Eidolon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Snap! I have quite the collection emerging ahem around 40 pairs :ashamed:
K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by killerbee)

getting a lip piercing next - any advice?
They're awesome - apart from a faint speech impediment the next day, they heal quickly, look great, etc. Enjoy!
nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shaz_08)
I had a cold, which caused me to get a bump on my tragus piercing and was given antibiotics by my doctor and Fucidin. I applied the cream topically and took the antibiotics and whilst the bump decreased in size, it is still there. I'm doing sea salt soaks, is there anything else I can do to make it completely disappear?

I recommend Bio-oil. It's expensive, but I had a bump on my belly piercing that would not go away after months of it being there. I used bio oil twice a day for two weeks and it was gone like magic
bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haven't been on here in ages so update - currently at 29 piercings and 3 tattoos. Love them all
chelski
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ohhhh

Just got back from the doctors, my rook piercing hasn't got a keloid, but it is all infected and skanky... got some cream and all that, but have been recommended to take it out. My favourite one as well
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You shouldn't take infected piercings out. So, don't. Also, doctors tend to give stupid advice regarding piercings full stop. What jewellery is in the piercing, how old is it, how have you been taking care of it and do you have a picture?
chelski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
You shouldn't take infected piercings out. So, don't. Also, doctors tend to give stupid advice regarding piercings full stop. What jewellery is in the piercing, how old is it, how have you been taking care of it and do you have a picture?
The lump has grown a little bit since this was taken, and it is a bit gunky...

Erm, got a little bcr in it... Had it since June now, been doing sea salt rinses etc most days, at least every other day.

It has a lump on it... piercer said to go to the doctors, another piercer said it was a keloid. The doctor said it definately wasn't a keloid, but to put the cream on until it stops oozing, and then when its a bit cleaner, then take it out. So yeah, been told all different things about what to do with it... so yeahhh, I'm all confused... This is my first troublesome piercing, the rest are fine!
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chelski)
been doing sea salt rinses etc most days, at least every other day.
You need to use water as warm as you can manage and soak, not rinse, for ~5mins or until you get bored and at least once a day. Being persistent really pays off with fussy cart. piercings.

Also, I don't know how feasible this is for you, but it might be worth getting a piercer to change your jewellery over to a curved barbell, it is less likely to get knocked that way.

EDIT: I just had another really useful thought, your ring looks a bit small, diameter wise. It might be putting pressure on the cartilage where the curve is too harsh, if that makes sense. Another reason to go to a piercer to get the jewellery switched out.
Like kate says, you need to leave something in there as a drain, taking the piercing out completely could trap any infection inside.
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Definitely definitely get the jewellery changed to a curved barbell by a proper piercer. CBRs suck in rook piercings (well, in most piercings, but especially cartilage). Then take a trip to the shop and get some 100% chamomile tea bags. Make the tea then once it's cooled a little - don't want to burn yourself - use the tea bag as a hot compress and hold it against the piercing for 10-15 minutes. Do that once a day, along with one sea salt soak per day too. Don't sleep on it or use the phone on that ear or anything like that. Try not to move the jewellery or touch it either.
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Definitely definitely get the jewellery changed to a curved barbell by a proper piercer. CBRs suck in rook piercings (well, in most piercings, but especially cartilage). Then take a trip to the shop and get some 100% chamomile tea bags. Make the tea then once it's cooled a little - don't want to burn yourself - use the tea bag as a hot compress and hold it against the piercing for 10-15 minutes. Do that once a day, along with one sea salt soak per day too. Don't sleep on it or use the phone on that ear or anything like that. Try not to move the jewellery or touch it either.
Oh yes, chamomile is really good. Also, try to keep your hair away from it.
chelski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah ok, thank you for your help!
I'll take a trip into town and get a curved barbell, thats what I had in it before, but I can't find it now.
Eidolon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chelski)
Ah ok, thank you for your help!
I'll take a trip into town and get a curved barbell, thats what I had in it before, but I can't find it now.
Get a piercer to change it, you want it sterile. If you do it yourself you risk making the situation worse.
chelski
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Eidolon)
Get a piercer to change it, you want it sterile. If you do it yourself you risk making the situation worse.
Yeah I always do, they are too fiddly for me to do... especially that one.
cascadingstylez
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had it done yesterday and a good few people have said it doesn't suit me. It's really bugging my now because I want to take it out if it looks stupid (brother took the photo yesterday, no camera on computer)

Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you need 3 more to make the look work,
MSB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It'll suit you as long as you keep that exact same facial expression.
mcg-innit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah ye suit it.
they probs think that coz they aint used to seein you wearin a piercin but it looks normal/ you suit it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads