Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I slept on it funny after 2 months and it got a bit sore and weepy.. this was at the start of a 3 week camping trip with no regular access to running water, so i thought it would be better removed. I havent redone it as I wasnt that fond of it tbh.. no big loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    Why not? Im using professional sterile equipment and titanium jewellery. I know what Im doing. Of all the piercings ive done on myself (3 ear cartilage, 3 lobes, 4 lip, smilie, navel, labia) only one has been problematic and that was the navel... thats a higher success rate than my pro-pierced holes! The ear catilage piercings I had done professionally each took a year to heal.. the ones i did myself were completely healed within a few months and have never got 'the bump'..
    I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I have a problem!

I got my eyebrow done a few weeks ago, and I want to put the retainer in, problem is I just can't get the damn rubber ring on the other end!! Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishMurt)
    Ok, I have a problem!

I got my eyebrow done a few weeks ago, and I want to put the retainer in, problem is I just can't get the damn rubber ring on the other end!! Any advice?
    if you just got it done a few weeks ago i wouldn't suggest changing jewelry at all...especially since most retainers are plastic which is really bad for a healing piercing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jovana)
    if you just got it done a few weeks ago i wouldn't suggest changing jewelry at all...especially since most retainers are plastic which is really bad for a healing piercing.
    Not really an option as I've lost the barbell on my piercing. So I have to do with the retainer for a day at least until I can get a replacement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishMurt)
    Not really an option as I've lost the barbell on my piercing. So I have to do with the retainer for a day at least until I can get a replacement.
    have you lost the barbell or just the ball? if you have only lost the ball, keep the barbell in and put the retainer band on the end of it until you can get a replacement ball / piece of jewelry.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys, hoping you could help me? Silly questions perhaps... but my friend's got her tongue pierced fairly recently (about a month ago), so for Christmas I was thinking of getting her some bars ready for when she can change them over. I live 300 odd miles away from her, so I can't exactly send her a FB message saying 'what size do you need?' without it being really obvious. I know I'm going to have to slip the question into the conversation somehow as opposed to just randomly picking a length between 6 and 22mm... but IIRC if you're not sure of the guage it's better to be one too high than one too low, right?
    Also, surely most people don't wear 6 mm or 22 mm, right? Is there a more 'normal' range, just in case she goes "Oh, I can't remember... it's a small one though"?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vykeera)
    Hiya guys, hoping you could help me? Silly questions perhaps... but my friend's got her tongue pierced fairly recently (about a month ago), so for Christmas I was thinking of getting her some bars ready for when she can change them over. I live 300 odd miles away from her, so I can't exactly send her a FB message saying 'what size do you need?' without it being really obvious. I know I'm going to have to slip the question into the conversation somehow as opposed to just randomly picking a length between 6 and 22mm... but IIRC if you're not sure of the guage it's better to be one too high than one too low, right?
    Also, surely most people don't wear 6 mm or 22 mm, right? Is there a more 'normal' range, just in case she goes "Oh, I can't remember... it's a small one though"?
    Thanks!
    get the correct size! It'll just be a waste of money if you dont.. as she isnt going to wear it if its the wrong size. Have you thought of maybe getting her a selection of attachments instead? they will fit onto any bar.

ReputationRep:
    get the correct size! It'll just be a waste of money if you dont.. as she isnt going to wear it if its the wrong size. Have you thought of maybe getting her a selection of attachments instead? they will fit onto any bar.
    Ooh, that's a better idea! I do want to get her the correct size... I just also know that she's probably forgotten what that one is! Lol. :p:

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, thinking about what trigger said about my nose looking infected on closer inspection it always looks red and the skin round it is very dry. I'm not sure if the redness is down to it healing or the skin being irritated (I've had it 6 months) but I'm wondering if it could be infected. I know there's hypertrophic scarring inside my nose which I can deal with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    Urgh, thinking about what trigger said about my nose looking infected on closer inspection it always looks red and the skin round it is very dry. I'm not sure if the redness is down to it healing or the skin being irritated (I've had it 6 months) but I'm wondering if it could be infected. I know there's hypertrophic scarring inside my nose which I can deal with...
    The normal symptom of infection is green/yellow goo... If its red and dry it may just be dried out (quite possible in this weather.. lips get all dry and cracked, piercings and stretched earlobes can too). Maybe try moisturising it with some vitamin E or jojoba oil? Avoid anything with nasty chemicals though.

ReputationRep:
    New tattoo ideas!

I finally have some money for a new tattoo.. and i have two ideas going. Im tempted to get both, as neither of them will be expensive.

The first.. is from the book Watership Down, its the Black Rabbit of Inle - representing my love of the book itself and its links to modern society. Rabbits are often also representative of the animal rights movement.

The second.. is the phrase 'No gods, No Masters' which is one that I have wanted for years. Ive attached a sketch I did in which I like the font but not the star..

thoughs?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I love both if im honest. I really like the idea of the rabbit the most though.

I'm starting to save for a big side piece, of cherry flowers and birds. I'm looking for inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    I thought i had left a post here : erm yeah like i said love both but love the rabbit the most.

Im saving for a cherry blossom side piece. Might have to loose some weight though as most girls in these pics are quite slim :p:

ReputationRep:
    thoughs?
    I like both, but the slogan slightly more. Have you thought about combining them? I think the slogan with the rabbit jumping over/onto it could look really good

Have you got any ideas about placement yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bleached their own hair? If so do you have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    I like them Hel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I like both, but the slogan slightly more. Have you thought about combining them? I think the slogan with the rabbit jumping over/onto it could look really good

Have you got any ideas about placement yet?
    Im not sure they really go together.. Im almost definately going for the slogan though, I was thinking of having 'no gods' on the inside right ankle, and 'no masters' on the inside of the left..

ReputationRep:
    what are peoples thoughts on microdermals? where is a good placement? is £25 a good price?

ReputationRep:
    what are peoples thoughts on microdermals? where is a good placement? is £25 a good price?
    There was a regular here who had them on her clavical and i thought they looked lovely. Bloody painful though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.