Bod Mod Society Watch

Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Noémie)
no i wouldn't say much bigger at all, perhaps 2cm in diameter at most. hang on... oh wait, that's roughly the same size as the picture you posted - it just looks smaller there *compares to own foot :p:*

i recommend pointed image in watford - which is a bit out of london but if you get the train from euston to watford junction it's about five minutes from the station. the guys there are just gorgeous and i love them, they're so kind and so brilliant at putting you at ease - i got my first tattoo there and i wouldn't ever go anywhere else now (i've had one tattoo somewhere else and it was not good!).
the reason you'd not want to go to camden is that it's tourists that get them done there, and because they're only tourists and won't be coming back any time soon in the majority if cases, they don't' need to do the tattoos well.
Thanks, i'll have to check out Pointed Image.

Has anyone any experiences of Chioko in Camden for piercings? I was looking at the body piercing forum someone linked above and this studio was given good reviews. Want to get my tragus done. Seem to have caught an addiction to getting things pierced :p:
coni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want my tragus done too hopefully getting it done next week
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
woo my right ear is now 6mm and my left is 5mm
sometime over the next week or so I'll be getting me some snakebites!

woooooooooo
Brana
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
Thanks, i'll have to check out Pointed Image.

Has anyone any experiences of Chioko in Camden for piercings? I was looking at the body piercing forum someone linked above and this studio was given good reviews. Want to get my tragus done. Seem to have caught an addiction to getting things pierced :p:
I did all my piercings there. It's pretty small but clean and people that work there are great, really friendly and know what they're doing! I especially love Reka! I would def tell you to go there!
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3 sleeps till i get my nape re-done :woo:
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think my chest microdermal is on its way out, already! D:
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
i think my chest microdermal is on its way out, already! D:
Boooooo
YAM
Report 9 years ago
Alsooo, was wondering about stretching my normal lobe piercings. Is there like a point up to that you can stretch up to where it would go back to it's normal size.. I want them quite small, but if I was to change my mind, I'd like to have normal ear lobes again.
It really does differ from person to person, also how fast you stretch them and stuff. A history teacher at my school had lobes about 1" (25mm) and since last year he has been slowly downsizing and they are now almost nothing. Before that I always thought it was about 10mm. I'm a 19mm now ^_^.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want to stretch a lobe and have been looking at http://www.fleshtunnels.co.uk/acatal...hing_Kits.html but i have no idea how they work, the holes in my ears are very small atm, what would you all recommend i do?

Ooooh saw these? http://www.fleshtunnels.co.uk/acatal...Jewellery.html any good?
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I stretched my ears from really small, I started off with a 1.3mm eyebrow stud then a 1.6mm Capture bead ring. Then I bought a 2mm taper and went for it. I'm now at 3mm. I'd recommend steel tapers and you're supposed to not wear tapers as jewellery (though I did :ninja:)
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
I want to stretch a lobe and have been looking at http://www.fleshtunnels.co.uk/acatal...hing_Kits.html but i have no idea how they work, the holes in my ears are very small atm, what would you all recommend i do?

Ooooh saw these? http://www.fleshtunnels.co.uk/acatal...Jewellery.html any good?
You don't really need tapers. If you wait long enough between stretches and use good quality jewellery and some form of lube, the next size up should just slide straight in. You can't wear tapers as jewellery, so they are expensive for something you use for about 5 seconds.

What jewellery do you have in now? If you're wearing normal shop bought earrings they're probably 0.8mm or 1mm, so going to 1.2mm would be a good initial stretch. If you've got a labret stud or BCR in, then you should know what size it was whehn you bought it.
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
You don't really need tapers. If you wait long enough between stretches and use good quality jewellery and some form of lube, the next size up should just slide straight in. You can't wear tapers as jewellery, so they are expensive for something you use for about 5 seconds.

What jewellery do you have in now? If you're wearing normal shop bought earrings they're probably 0.8mm or 1mm, so going to 1.2mm would be a good initial stretch. If you've got a labret stud or BCR in, then you should know what size it was whehn you bought it.
+1, you'd be better off buying some septum 'bullet' keepers like these (which are really good for when you've got past about 2mm imo) - http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...rs_3411266.cfm

or something like this - http://bodyartforms.com/productdetai...ProductID=5411

BAF are really good cause they stock 2nds, which are blemished still good quality, but a lot cheaper. If money is an issue, when you get past 5mm you could skip sizes with your jewellery and use pfte tape in between. Its a bit fiddly though and takes a while to get used to putting it on straight :p:
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i have a labret stud knocking about so il pop that in first and work up. Ive tried it before and got bored and left it so im determined this time
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
+1, you'd be better off buying some septum 'bullet' keepers like these (which are really good for when you've got past about 2mm imo) - http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...rs_3411266.cfm

or something like this - http://bodyartforms.com/productdetai...ProductID=5411

BAF are really good cause they stock 2nds, which are blemished still good quality, but a lot cheaper. If money is an issue, when you get past 5mm you could skip sizes with your jewellery and use pfte tape in between. Its a bit fiddly though and takes a while to get used to putting it on straight :p:
i dont understand gauges, its like asking me to measure something im kms
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BAF do a nice conversion chart, and if you order from them you get an even handier credit card sized thing.
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
1mm - 18g
1.2mm - 16g
1.6mm - 14g
2.0mm - 12g
2.4mm - 10g
3.2mm - 8g

etc etc, going up in 2s. idk if you actually wanted to know that or not, but oh well, heh

ohhhhhh and, have a look on Wildcat in the clearance sections, they have different offers every week, and 60p for septum keepers is awesome! http://www.wildcat.eu/index.php?cPat...5cv2fidce9frc7
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
From memory:
18g-1mm
16g-1.2mm
14g-1.6mm
12g-2mm
10g-2.6mm?
8g-3mm
coni
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just pierced my own navel, woo double navel
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had my lobe pierced a second time over 3 weeks ago, and my right ear has been fine until now. Now whenever i clean the back of it, there is always fresh blood on the cotton bud for the last 3 days. It isn't infected, but as it's an open wound i'm scared it may get infected. It's got a butterfly back and i thought that might be catching on it, so should I go to a piercing place and get it changed to a bar? Or should i keep up with the salt soaks and hope the bleeding stops? Any advice greatly appreciated. It doesn't hurt, I just don't like that it's bleeding.
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
I had my lobe pierced a second time over 3 weeks ago, and my right ear has been fine until now. Now whenever i clean the back of it, there is always fresh blood on the cotton bud for the last 3 days. It isn't infected, but as it's an open wound i'm scared it may get infected. It's got a butterfly back and i thought that might be catching on it, so should I go to a piercing place and get it changed to a bar? Or should i keep up with the salt soaks and hope the bleeding stops? Any advice greatly appreciated. It doesn't hurt, I just don't like that it's bleeding.
Yeah, keep up the soaks but get it changed as well to something like a labret stud, that way you wont have to worry about loosening any balls (well.. at the back) when you're cleaning it, and imo its easier to clean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads