Bod Mod Society Watch

nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
Its the Wildcat shop in the North Laines... down the road from Vegetarian shoes, Punktured, Red Veg...

oooh, thanks! I will need to investigate that on my next shopping trip :P
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just got a helix piercing today, and the guy did it a bit lower than I wanted, so I'm thinking about getting another one just above it as I quite like the look of 2 together, plus getting this piercing has got me wanting more. Would I be better waiting till this one is healed then getting the other helix piercing, or could I just go get it done tomorrow? Thanks for any help.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Getting them together will probably increase swelling and healing time. Whether or not it'll be a significant increase depends on how well you heal in general and how you take care of them, I guess. It'll probably hurt quite a bit more if you get it done tomorrow since it's right next to another sensitive, fresh piercing. I'd probably wait, because I know that my body doesn't like cartilage piercings at the best of times...

Did you not approve the piercers marking?
squeak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Getting them together will probably increase swelling and healing time. Whether or not it'll be a significant increase depends on how well you heal in general and how you take care of them, I guess. It'll probably hurt quite a bit more if you get it done tomorrow since it's right next to another sensitive, fresh piercing. I'd probably wait, because I know that my body doesn't like cartilage piercings at the best of times...

Did you not approve the piercers marking?
tbh I wasn't really sure where I wanted it as it was a proper spur of the moment thing, he said he thought it was the best place as it would be more visible (which I agreed with) and did it. I do like where it is, but my bf said it just seems a bit low, and I think it looks a bit out of place on it's own, hence getting another one. I think I'll wait till this one has healed more. I've not had a cartilage piercing before, but I generally heal well. Thanks for the advice, thinking about it, it does seem silly to get it done right next to this one.
squeak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh also, I was so excited about getting it done, I can't remember how many times a day he said to bathe it in salt water solution..

and what salt to water ratio should I use?

haha I'm such a n00b I havn't had a piercing since I was 10, apart from stretching my ears.
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
About 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to a mug of boiled water. Soak for 5-10 minutes while it's still quite hot (but not uncomfortably so!). Do it once or twice a day. If your skin starts to dry out, use less salt and only do one soak every day/every other day. I don't really do regular cleaning though, to be honest - I tend to leave piercings alone for the first week, do one or two soaks for the next week, then after that just let it get rinsed in the shower and only properly soak it if it's irritated. That works best for me - you'll figure out what kind of cleaning routine works best for you after a while.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really want a lip ring but don't want a BCR as i think its too bullky. Bought one of those rings with the segment in but it was really tight to get the damn thing out and then was too small for my lip. :hmpf: its all going wrong. It would be 10mm for a labret wouldnt it?
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on your anatomy and piercing placement...you can't just buy a 'standard' size and expect it to fit, really :tongue: If it's too small, get a bigger diameter. Segment rings are pretty fiddly, too. What about a seamless ring? Though the join might be irritating to your piercing...
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Depends on your anatomy and piercing placement...you can't just buy a 'standard' size and expect it to fit, really :tongue: If it's too small, get a bigger diameter. Segment rings are pretty fiddly, too. What about a seamless ring? Though the join might be irritating to your piercing...
Not heard of seem less rings. I might get a circular barbell and see how i get on with that. I had one pink BCR which fitted perfectly but i lost it. I know i can't expect all jewllery to fit, i just wanted a rough guide to what size i should be heading for.
QuantumTheory
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Might get my ear done again in London tomorrow.
CBR or labret, people?

Also, reccomendations are good =)
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love my labret but its a ******* to out retainers in for job interviews, thank god i have a job where i can have what i want in my face
squeak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
About 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to a mug of boiled water. Soak for 5-10 minutes while it's still quite hot (but not uncomfortably so!). Do it once or twice a day. If your skin starts to dry out, use less salt and only do one soak every day/every other day. I don't really do regular cleaning though, to be honest - I tend to leave piercings alone for the first week, do one or two soaks for the next week, then after that just let it get rinsed in the shower and only properly soak it if it's irritated. That works best for me - you'll figure out what kind of cleaning routine works best for you after a while.
might sound stupid but when you say soak, shall I actually dip my ear in the water, or shall I just use cotton wool buds soaked in it?
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by squeak)
might sound stupid but when you say soak, shall I actually dip my ear in the water, or shall I just use cotton wool buds soaked in it?
Whichever you find easiest. There is the chance of fibres from cotton wool balls getting caught in the piercing if you use that method, but I've found that as long as the ball is thoroughly soaked it doesn't seem to be a problem. I almost always use cotton wool balls and have never had any trouble, but just keep it in mind

And QuantumTheory - labret/barbell, hands down. CBRs tend to be more problematic for healing in general.
maЯshy
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Got my lip done today (fourth piercing after retired lobes and my left helix), didnt hurt as much as i thought it would and plus side is that i got it for free
Thought i'd post a picture to get other peoples thoughts...:redface:

(yes my hair is partly blue, and i know it doesnt look real in photos...)
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by maЯshy)
Got my lip done today (fourth piercing after retired lobes and my left helix), didnt hurt as much as i thought it would and plus side is a i got i for free
Thought i'd post a picture to get other peoples thoughts...:redface:
Spoiler:
Show

(yes my hair is partly blue, and i know it doesnt look real in photos )
Suits you :yep: and I love the blue hair :love:
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grr, 6 weeks on and my ear lobe is still being all scabby and horrible. I've decided to stop cleaning it with cotten wool balls/buds and just salt soak a couple a days a week. When i had my first piercings done i got bored of cleaning them after 3 weeks and they were fine, now i think i've done overkill on the cleaning and not just let them heal properly. Stupid things! Waiting for them to heal so i can get a third hole :tongue:
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ladydeborah)
Grr, 6 weeks on and my ear lobe is still being all scabby and horrible. I've decided to stop cleaning it with cotten wool balls/buds and just salt soak a couple a days a week. When i had my first piercings done i got bored of cleaning them after 3 weeks and they were fine, now i think i've done overkill on the cleaning and not just let them heal properly. Stupid things! Waiting for them to heal so i can get a third hole :tongue:
I personally only clean my piercings whenever i feel they need it - and all mine have healed fine
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
I personally only clean my piercings whenever i feel they need it - and all mine have healed fine
Same, i think overcleaning is a really common problem... our body is awesome at healing itself, so let it do its thing :p:
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i over cleaned my labret and it took ages to heal.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Has anyone here got a conch piercing?

I'm seriously tempted. My ears are tiny, so a rook, daith or snug look to be quite impossible, so I was thinking of having a conch, with blackline BCR with a clear gem in the captive bead...

Whatdya lot think?

Edited to add; Looking good MaRshy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.26%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (164)
40.49%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.25%

Watched Threads