The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Ilora-Danon
Yeah I was wondering about how well I'd sleep with a BCR in it.

I'm wondering, whether it'd be worth going for PTFE, so I can cut it down and re-thread it... I don't like how long the standard 6mm labret studs look when in a conch...

Also, what gauge is your conch to start with? 1.2? or 1.6?

I find re-threading quite tricky.. it could be done though... or if you want it to look shorter you could always put a little o-ring between the ear and the back ball... you will need 6mm for initial healing though probably, mine swelled quite a bit.

my normal conch was done at 1.6mm, most piercers will do it this size as standard. you can always downsize, but stretching would be hell!
The O-ring idea, that's fab... Hmmm *scratches chin*

I think I shall pop into my local studio and ask for prices n stuff. What did you pay for yours (if you don't mind me asking!)?
Ilora-Danon
The O-ring idea, that's fab... Hmmm *scratches chin*

I think I shall pop into my local studio and ask for prices n stuff. What did you pay for yours (if you don't mind me asking!)?

wildcat will sell o-rings for pennies of you place a bigger order over the phone..

£15 i think.. its a simple cartilage piercing. Do tell them you will want to wear a ring in it eventually and they can position it so the ring will fit nicely (if its too close to the head you'll need a huge ring which wont look as good a nice snug one!).
Right, will do that. Thankyou!!! Rep for you x
no probs :smile: if you get it done post pics!
Ilora-Danon
Has anyone here got a conch piercing?

I'm seriously tempted. My ears are tiny, so a rook, daith or snug look to be quite impossible, so I was thinking of having a conch, with blackline BCR with a clear gem in the captive bead...

Whatdya lot think?

Edited to add; Looking good MaRshy :wink:

Yeah i have got a conch it's great, doesn't hurt that much really and is just generally an awesome piercing. I also have tiny ears and they are pointy too :tongue:
Hey guys
Thought this might be the best place to post this
I'm thinking of getting my ears pierced again, just the lobes. I've had them done at Claires in the past but have learnt that piercing guns aren't good!
I've heard modern body art in B'ham is quite good?
How much on average should I expect to pay for a lobe piercing on each ear? and what jewellery is likely to be used if I get them done at a body piercing studio rather than Claires -I want them to be earring size for when they've healed so probably 1.2mm?
Reply 3987
yea, 'Piercing Guns should Be Banned' is kinda our unofficial motto on here lol
I don't know much about parlours down that way but I'm sure someone on here'll guide you in the right direction.
Price wise around £10 single/£15 pair for barbells is about average from the places I've seen, most will do up to about 2mm for that price but if you only want 1.2mm you will have to say as 1.6mm is standard.
Hope that helps some :cool:
kordking
I don't know much about parlours down that way but I'm sure someone on here'll guide you in the right direction.
Price wise around £10 single/£15 pair for barbells is about average from the places I've seen, most will do up to about 2mm for that price but if you only want 1.2mm you will have to say as 1.6mm is standard.

I was thinking the other day... has there ever been a movement to get piercing guns banned? flyering, political lobbying.. get them off the market for good.
Reply 3989
SoundDevastation
I was thinking the other day... has there ever been a movement to get piercing guns banned? flyering, political lobbying.. get them off the market for good.

I do keep hearing that they're being banned, they have been banned in places but no one can corroborate anything, I have wondered about starting a petition myself a few times but would have no idea where to start lol :confused:
If anyone know of one or fancies starting one let us know and we can get rid of them for good :biggrin:
kordking

I'm also thinking about getting my ears done again soon. I had my last ones done at claires too (I know it's not good now!). So I will probably going to a proper piercing place. I've got one of my ear piercings to 1.6mm and it's only a tiny stretch really so that should be fine for putting normal earrings in after anyway shouldn't it?
And will it be barbells? I don't want anything too huge! Also any idea on how long you have to leave them in for before you can change them - when I had them done at Claires it was 6 weeks?
And I'm guessing it will be sea salt solution for cleaning and not the dodgy cleaner Claires gives out? haha
Reply 3991
i got my thigh tattoo extended and a new tattoo today... sooooooo happy...:biggrin: :woo:
The thing that didn't hurt. And the thing that did.

Opinions and what next please? :love:

EDIT: How ******* massive do my eyes look? :O
QuantumTheory
The thing that didn't hurt. And the thing that did.

Opinions and what next please? :love:

EDIT: How ******* massive do my eyes look? :O

Your ear looks really good!! Jealous of the rook, I want one, may be my next one after I give blood next.
Nynyflower
Your ear looks really good!! Jealous of the rook, I want one, may be my next one after I give blood next.

I haven't done anything good to it, but slept on it for a week, got it pulled repeatedly in a bar (thank God the hair now covers the nape :cool:) and yet it doesn't hurt :awesome:

Oh, I want more piercings. There's no rush if it doesn't hurt at all :rolleyes:
Reply 3995
FoxboroHotTubs:)
I'm also thinking about getting my ears done again soon. I had my last ones done at claires too (I know it's not good now!). So I will probably going to a proper piercing place. I've got one of my ear piercings to 1.6mm and it's only a tiny stretch really so that should be fine for putting normal earrings in after anyway shouldn't it?
And will it be barbells? I don't want anything too huge! Also any idea on how long you have to leave them in for before you can change them - when I had them done at Claires it was 6 weeks?
And I'm guessing it will be sea salt solution for cleaning and not the dodgy cleaner Claires gives out? haha

Wearing dangly earrings in 1.6mm might make them look a little 'slit'-like if the earrings are heavy, but it shouldn't be too noticeable or anything. Back when my ears were 1.6mm and I still liked/wore normal jewellery, I didn't have any problems.

A labret stud or barbell is fine for initial jewellery, and they'll probably put a 3mm end on (or maybe a little smaller) if you don't want it to be huge! I'd leave them in for at least 6 weeks - Claire's recommend that but in reality your piercing won't be completely healed by then, and regularly changing the jewellery could easily irritate it. I'd wait a few months for regular changing, but 6-8 weeks should be fine if it's just changing them once or twice (and not to anything heavy or dangly). And yep, sea salt solution for cleaning.

And x.banana.x, Modern Body Art are pretty much the best in the Midlands. Not sure how much they charge for a lobe piercing but they can be a little expensive/overpriced so don't be too surprised if it's more than you were expecting. Give them a call/email and find out.
Eeee i saw this guy today who had 8mm lobes, which black tunnels in, and it looked gorgeous :love: (it did help that he was amazingly fit as well!)
I'm going to sound like a ignorant idiot here, but when is the best time do a sea salt soak? Is it best to do it before a shower to rinse off the salt? Or just rinse with a bit of water? Or not rinse it at all? My naval is playing up, so want to make sure i'm doing it properly. I think dancing is irritating it as i'm always stretching my belly. :frown: The pus even smelled last night, but was still clear/yellow-ish, and was fine after a salt soak. Just a bit sore and still pussing. Only been 7 weeks though.
ladydeborah
I'm going to sound like a ignorant idiot here, but when is the best time do a sea salt soak? Is it best to do it before a shower to rinse off the salt? Or just rinse with a bit of water? Or not rinse it at all? My naval is playing up, so want to make sure i'm doing it properly. I think dancing is irritating it as i'm always stretching my belly. :frown: The pus even smelled last night, but was still clear/yellow-ish, and was fine after a salt soak. Just a bit sore and still pussing. Only been 7 weeks though.
You can do a salt soak any time, it doesn't make any difference really. You don't need to rinse it off either.
I msy have got bored in work with a spare labret. It's 1.5mm, and it hurted lots!
But I was bored, and now I've got labrets in all my ear piercings, apart from the rook :love:

Quick Reply

Latest