The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Ilora-Danon
You can do a salt soak any time, it doesn't make any difference really. You don't need to rinse it off either.

Some people do, if they have more sensitive skin ;D In general, the amount of salt used shouldn't be enough to dry out skin but people have different tolerances.
QuantumTheory
The thing that didn't hurt. And the thing that did.

Opinions and what next please? :love:

EDIT: How ******* massive do my eyes look? :O

ooooh a rook! pretty!

I think you'd suit a nose piercing... :yep:

rather irrelivant but i was in Lincoln yesterday and theres a shop called Blue Banana which sells body jewellery.. the guy who works there was rather nice, was asking about my dermal punch haha.. I love men with piercings!! :rolleyes:
SoundDevastation
ooooh a rook! pretty!

I think you'd suit a nose piercing... :yep:

rather irrelivant but i was in Lincoln yesterday and theres a shop called Blue Banana which sells body jewellery.. the guy who works there was rather nice, was asking about my dermal punch haha.. I love men with piercings!! :rolleyes:

Mmmm... Such a cute guy today with stretched lobes in the shop :coma:
Nah, my mum's happy for me to have any piercings, but none on my face. Which I can deal with. It also pretty much just leaves genitals to do :ninja: :p:
septum? can be hidden in seconds :P

Ive just stretched mine to 2.4mm.... ooouuuuuuch.
SoundDevastation
septum? can be hidden in seconds :P

Ive just stretched mine to 2.4mm.... ooouuuuuuch.

That's what I was thinking. But maybe over the summer because I don't fancy going to interviews with a ring in my nose over the healing period. Unless they can pierce with retainers... :awesome:

I have a 1.6mm labret in my ear now. How far can you stretch them so they go back?
I know you're probably meant to use a taper and not just poke it through at work, but meh :p:
QuantumTheory
That's what I was thinking. But maybe over the summer because I don't fancy going to interviews with a ring in my nose over the healing period. Unless they can pierce with retainers... :awesome:

I have a 1.6mm labret in my ear now. How far can you stretch them so they go back?
I know you're probably meant to use a taper and not just poke it through at work, but meh :p:

Have it pierced with a stud then? When i used to have a real job (ha ha ha) i just put a tiny stud in it :smile:
Trigger
Have it pierced with a stud then? When i used to have a real job (ha ha ha) i just put a tiny stud in it :smile:

They can do that?
Right, that's my tomorrow sorted :woo:
Actually, I need to pick up some clothes I reserved at the piercing place anyway. Yay two birds with one stone. :yep:
QuantumTheory

they did mine with a U-shaped retainer and flipped it right away...

up to around 6mm is generally thought to be the returning point, but my second hole was 6mm and has gone back to around 2, and doesnt want to shrink anymore. Its different for everyone though, so id say if you definately wanted them to go back dont go over 4mm.

If you're only going up a few points of a mm each time and leaving a few weeks in between, you may not need to taper, i didnt taper mine until 4mm.
Oh hang on a min were you talking about getting your septum pierced or your actual nose? :confused:
Grr, my ears are a mess! Tried to take my earrings out today (it's been 8 weeks) and i couldn't budge the butterfly. So I decided to go to Camden to see the lovely girl in Chioko, and she took them out and put plastic labret studs in (which hurt as they were a bit thicker than my hole!). But my right ear has a lump on the back of it, which is why its been so sore and scabby. Meh. She said to keep them in for another 6 weeks. :frown: Hopefully by then they'll be fine!

For salt soaks, i forgot to ask in Chioko, is it best to use cotton wool balls or pads for my ears? (I use a shot glass for my navel :tongue:)
ladydeborah
Grr, my ears are a mess! Tried to take my earrings out today (it's been 8 weeks) and i couldn't budge the butterfly. So I decided to go to Camden to see the lovely girl in Chioko, and she took them out and put plastic labret studs in (which hurt as they were a bit thicker than my hole!). But my right ear has a lump on the back of it, which is why its been so sore and scabby. Meh. She said to keep them in for another 6 weeks. :frown: Hopefully by then they'll be fine!

For salt soaks, i forgot to ask in Chioko, is it best to use cotton wool balls or pads for my ears? (I use a shot glass for my navel :tongue:)

you probably wanna use kitchen paper cause cotton could leave fibres in the piercing
Reply 4011
Micro dermals!!!

I got clavical micro dermals done about a month ago, they have like clear stones in them but one of them has dropped out, and i dont know where it is?!?
Is it possible to put new stones/gems in or do i have to cope with it being just metal and looking odd?
grr its really annoying!
Ear cartilage x3, tragus, tounge web, nose x 2, belly button, ear lobes...

Red Cherry Blossoms on my left foot.
New tattoo next month!
Reply 4013
Sammm_XD
Micro dermals!!!

I got clavical micro dermals done about a month ago, they have like clear stones in them but one of them has dropped out, and i dont know where it is?!?
Is it possible to put new stones/gems in or do i have to cope with it being just metal and looking odd?
grr its really annoying!

Just go and get the disc changed by your piercer.
i'm seriously considering a tragus piercing...but being the worrier that I am, I'm thing of the practicallity issues-such as earphones, sleeping, hairdressers, ear wax and generally the pain! Anyone here got one?
CazTheSpider
i'm seriously considering a tragus piercing...but being the worrier that I am, I'm thing of the practicallity issues-such as earphones, sleeping, hairdressers, ear wax and generally the pain! Anyone here got one?

I've got two, and they are both fine. I can do anything with my ears, and headphones aren't a problem at all. They don't hurt really.. well neither of mine have. :smile:
I'm having loads of trouble finding a nice jewellery box >< I need something which is wooden, has loads of compartments (but also bigger areas for plugs, tapers etc), but that has shallow layers, so that there isn't loads of wasted space. It's so difficult to find what you want though!

Oh, and i'm going to pierce my cartilage in a couple of days as well. One of my ears feels a bit naked at the moment.

Finally my lobes are growing.. 2.4 and 1.6mm. Obviously that's barely anything, but it's a nice feeling to know that i'm going to be at larger gauges soon :biggrin:
Reply 4017
I'm just wondering, if I get a daith piercing, will this affect me getting on to a medicine course if i decide to do this later, even if i take it out ? (any advice about the piercing would be appreciated too :smile:)

EDIT: I'm usually really conservative and I have had 2 lobe piercings but let the second ones close because I didn't like them anymore and I'm thinking of having a samll, thin bar in the daith.
Jessicax
I'm just wondering, if I get a daith piercing, will this affect me getting on to a medicine course if i decide to do this later, even if i take it out ? (any advice about the piercing would be appreciated too :smile:)

EDIT: I'm usually really conservative and I have had 2 lobe piercings but let the second ones close because I didn't like them anymore and I'm thinking of having a samll, thin bar in the daith.

It won't make any difference at all, in my opinion. :smile: I know someone who has about a million piercings in her face, and she's doing Medicine at uni.
Reply 4019
becky.fm
It won't make any difference at all, in my opinion. :smile: I know someone who has about a million piercings in her face, and she's doing Medicine at uni.

Thanks, good to know because I'm still undecided on what I ant to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest