Bod Mod Society Watch

Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on the style - do you want realistic flowers or illustrative ones? Bez at Triple Six Studios in Sunderland is one of the best UK artists for realism I think, but he's probably fully booked up for at least the next 6 months. There's also Indigo Tattoo, just remembered that they're in Cheshire so probably easier for you to get to - http://www.myspace.com/indigotattoo

If not realism, what kinda style do you want? There are loads of good old-school and new-school artists, that's just not really my kinda thing so I don't actually know of any off the top of my head, haha.
ferret123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmmm Indigo tattoo look pretty good. I'd like something like this:
http://tattooenergycan.com/images/flower_tattoos.jpg

but more intrictae, more flowers and just in black and grey. There is a pic on the internet somewhere which is my inspiration so I'll try and find that. Ta for the help!
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, sorry to be a pain but I wanted to ask something about my cartilage piercing. I took it out last night to clean it, because it was a wee bit itchy, and decided to leave it out overnight. I now realise this was a bad thing to do, because I had to force it back through this morning and now it itches more than ever! I've had it for nearly two years, so surely it must have healed properly by now? I've not had any problems with it before, I just thought I had shampoo behind the stud last night, hence the itchyness and cleaning. So, because I had to force it back through, do I need to treat it like a new piercing and clean it morning and night? Sorry if that's an obvious question, I just wanted to ask here because I know you guys know your stuff. Thanks! and sorry to be a pain!
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just because it's healed doesn't mean it'll stay open overnight ;D I've had my tragus done for over 4 years and I doubt the jewellery would go in easily if I left it out for a night.

If it's sore or anything, do sea salt soaks as you usually would for a healing/irritated piercing. I wouldn't go over the top babying it though, overcleaning can be worse than not cleaning. Just don't mess with it and rinse it well after showering!
beccaarr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ferret123)
Hi people! Sorry to butt in here, but could anyone recommend a quality tattooist around the fylde coast somewhere, around Lytham St annes perhaps (not so keen on Blackpool :-/ lol)?

I'm looking to get a large custom design, flowery and swirly with writing too - any recommendations?

How do people find out about good places? I don't know ANYONE with a tattoo so I can't get a recommendation, and also I need the artist to be the right style too...hmmm complicated!
Studio 81 is Preston is good. I go there and I know alot of people that do too. Never heard a bad word against them. Juliet is amazing when it comes to flowers and what not.

Right. Opinions please.

I've been comtemplating my next tattoo for a while. Because I want to do theatre, I can't have things on show. I've come up with the idea to get something under my boob. I want lyrics going around. I found a picture of the sort of thing I mean....

http://www.bmeink.com/A70402/high/bmepb491658.jpg

Mine would be on the left side because I already have something on the left of my stomach. Not that style writing either.

I want "Signs the signs invisible" doing. Its from The Last Wrongs by Oceansize which is one of my favourite songs. The lyrics rmind me of looking for something.

Is this a lame idea? I'm seriously considering it more than other designs I've come up with in the past.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by beccaarr)
Studio 81 is Preston is good. I go there and I know alot of people that do too. Never heard a bad word against them. Juliet is amazing when it comes to flowers and what not.

Right. Opinions please.

I've been comtemplating my next tattoo for a while. Because I want to do theatre, I can't have things on show. I've come up with the idea to get something under my boob. I want lyrics going around. I found a picture of the sort of thing I mean....

http://www.bmeink.com/A70402/high/bmepb491658.jpg

Mine would be on the left side because I already have something on the left of my stomach. Not that style writing either.

I want "Signs the signs invisible" doing. Its from The Last Wrongs by Oceansize which is one of my favourite songs. The lyrics rmind me of looking for something.

Is this a lame idea? I'm seriously considering it more than other designs I've come up with in the past.
That's pretty much my tattoo idea! "there's nothing to hold onto but These Days" under my right boob. I'd show you the font I've chosen, but I've lost it.
beccaarr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
That's pretty much my tattoo idea! "there's nothing to hold onto but These Days" under my right boob. I'd show you the font I've chosen, but I've lost it.
I've always liked the idea of them, just never thought about getting one. I'm going to go raid the tattoo shops text portfolios untl I find font I like. I can picture what I want. Just can't draw it out.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've always liked the idea of them, just never thought about getting one. I'm going to go raid the tattoo shops text portfolios untl I find font I like. I can picture what I want. Just can't draw it out.
this is my font - just less frizzy at the top and bottom.
beccaarr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
this is my font - just less frizzy at the top and bottom.

Thats ace.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Last Wrongs by Oceansize.

:woo: :yep:
beccaarr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
:woo: :yep:
A fan?
Hannah_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I took out my scaffold and then couldn't get it back in so now one of the holes has healed up.
I am a very very sad person :sad:
x
du-barry
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I have had in the past 14 piercings (anti snakebites, snakebites, labret, nose, septum, nape, navel, several on my ears) but have taken all but 1 out. Also I am stretching my ears to 50mm, currently at 46mm so not long to go! Its so hard to find really nice tunnels/plugs at such large sizes.
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone here had nipple piercings? Turns out my fiance really likes the idea of them, and I quite like the idea of having something not many people would expect me to have.

I only worry that I'll end up passing out - I nearly did both times I had my ears pierced, and I'm the same with injections! Don't want to appear like a total wuss in front of a piercer, really!

And I know you can get it numbed beforehand, but do many places do this any more?

And while I'm at it, anyone recommend a good piercing place in Brum? A lot of people have mentioned Modern Body Art, so I might go have a chat with them closer to when I want it done.
Magickal_Faerie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks Kate. It seems okay now, so I won't be stupid enough to leave it out overnight any more :sheepish:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pixiepeep)
Anyone here had nipple piercings? Turns out my fiance really likes the idea of them, and I quite like the idea of having something not many people would expect me to have.

I only worry that I'll end up passing out - I nearly did both times I had my ears pierced, and I'm the same with injections! Don't want to appear like a total wuss in front of a piercer, really!

And I know you can get it numbed beforehand, but do many places do this any more?

And while I'm at it, anyone recommend a good piercing place in Brum? A lot of people have mentioned Modern Body Art, so I might go have a chat with them closer to when I want it done.
The stuff they use to numb it can have its own problems, so most places won't do that. And don't do it just because your fiance wants it done!
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I pierced my own tragus yesterday!! I couldnt get the jewellery in though... the needle went through no problem, but cause of the back of my ear being in the way i couldnt push it through far enough for the plastic cannula to go in the hole, so i had to leave it.

so i did a new low helix piercing instead.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do wish i had the guts to pierce myself, it would save me so much money lol.
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I prefer piercing myself. I don't really trust any piercers I can actually travel to, haha. I want to do my rook soon...had the needle & jewellery for ages, just haven't got round to it. Also need to re-do my boyfriends helix and pierce his friends lobes at 10g. Fun times.
*River
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it possible to get regular studs (or something stud-like - I know that there are hygiene issues with butterfly backs) in titanium or surgical steel? I had my lobes pierced about 10 years ago with a gun and gold studs (yes, I know I'm bad), and to this day the only thing I can wear is gold, which is obviously an expensive habit.

Thought some of you lovely (and far better educated than me in piercing matters) might be able to help me out here .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads