Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh, and I don't mind researching on my own, but would be nice if you could just steer me in right direction, like what tattoo magazines or internet sites I should look at...

ReputationRep:
    The place I'm going to get my conch pierced says that they numb the area as standard procedure. I've heard numbing isn't good for piercings and I'm completely prepared for the pain of it so should I ask them not to use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    The place I'm going to get my conch pierced says that they numb the area as standard procedure. I've heard numbing isn't good for piercings and I'm completely prepared for the pain of it so should I ask them not to use it?

If you like, but I've never heard that myself!

A question of my own now;
    I'm looking to get my first tattoo (once i've saved up the money!) and I'd really like some recommendations of really, really good artists in the Kent or Brighton area. I'm prepared to spend a lot, so show me amazing artists!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask them not to numb it, personally. The actual numbing effect is pretty minimal, it can only numb the top layer so you still tend to feel quite a bit. I had my navel piercings 'numbed' when I was younger and they felt no different to any other piercings I've had since.

(Original post by PatJohn)
    Hey guys, I was hoping you can help me.
    I'm from London and planning on getting a tattoo, pretty big on my back, black and gray. Which artists would you say are the best for this? I'm not in a hurry and I was even thinking of waiting till London tattoo convention in hope that some great artist will be there. I would want it to be done similar to what corey parks from die hunns has on her belly. Not the same thing, but I like how "rough" it looks. I would maybe even go for more horrorish feel, if u understand me. Thanks, well appreciated!
    Into You have some good artists, maybe check them out. Not sure about the style you want though...tbh the one you linked doesn't look very good to me, haha. I've heard good things about Frith Street Tattoo and Blood Brothers but I don't think their styles would be what you want. Might as well have a look though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)

I'm looking to get my first tattoo (once i've saved up the money!) and I'd really like some recommendations of really, really good artists in the Kent or Brighton area. I'm prepared to spend a lot, so show me amazing artists!
    Thanks!

There's quite a few good Brighton artists!
    http://www.nineboycesstreet.com/
    http://www.into-you.co.uk/brighton.php
    http://www.magnumopustattoo.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    There's quite a few good Brighton artists!
    http://www.nineboycesstreet.com/
    http://www.into-you.co.uk/brighton.php
    http://www.magnumopustattoo.com/

Oooh thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    Some people believe that the solution they use to numb the skin can cause altered healing.

I personally would say no to any numbing. I've had it (as a child) and prefer my piercings to be as natural as possible. I had my conch done and whilst, yes it hurt - for me, the pain is all part of the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatJohn)
    Hey guys, I was hoping you can help me.
    I'm from London and planning on getting a tattoo, pretty big on my back, black and gray. Which artists would you say are the best for this? I'm not in a hurry and I was even thinking of waiting till London tattoo convention in hope that some great artist will be there. I would want it to be done similar to what corey parks from die hunns has on her belly. Not the same thing, but I like how "rough" it looks. I would maybe even go for more horrorish feel, if u understand me. Thanks, well appreciated!
    I second the reccommendation for Into You, some great artists there. But I'd say Piotrek at Frith Street in Soho would be a good call. He does some brilliant black and grey work and also is really good with that "horrorish" style that you mentioned.

Check his website: http://www.tatontattoos.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)

Thanks!
    Definitely agree with Kate on Magnum Opus.

If you're willing to spend a lot though and you really want to find an artist perfect for you, I'd also suggest you check out places in London, you're not that far away by train and as mentioned above, there are some fantastic artists there.

ReputationRep:
    okay.....can i get a bar - probably a curved barbell on my ear somewhere between the rook and the 'snug'?

Basically, in the picture, what i want is a piercing between 3 and 6 (on the same piece of cartilage) or, if i cant get a barbell anywhere there, maybe on the daith (4). If i cant get it done with a barbell, I'm not going to bother. I have a reasonably flat bit on my ear between 3 and 6 if that helps....Cheers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It really depends on your ear. If your ear is flat enough you may be able to get a barbell straight through (from front to back in the same way as a lobe piercing goes), but I would have thought you'd need it quite curved if you want both ends of the piercing to be seen on the front of your ear. You need to go and see a good piercer and see what they suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon)
    okay.....can i get a bar - probably a curved barbell on my ear somewhere between the rook and the 'snug'?

Basically, in the picture, what i want is a piercing between 3 and 6 (on the same piece of cartilage) or, if i cant get a barbell anywhere there, maybe on the daith (4). If i cant get it done with a barbell, I'm not going to bother. I have a reasonably flat bit on my ear between 3 and 6 if that helps....Cheers
    There's absolutely no telling here, without examining your ear we wouldn't know if it'd be feasable or not. Your best bet is discussing this with your piercer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Kate and Arturo! I will definitely check those places out!

ReputationRep:
    I got my conch pierced!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have gone for a CBR personally...but hope it heals okay! My body hates healing with CBRs, never again >.< Conch piercings are cool.

I've been wanting to get my conch punched for a year or two now...I just don't trust anyone to do it, heh. I'll probably get it done on a trip to London or something. Piercing myself is one thing but I'm definitely not prepared for punching myself :P

I may try piercing my rook this weekend though. My boyfriend is going away for 2 weeks so he won't be accidentally knocking my ear straight away, haha...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wasn't going to but they sort of erred me towards it and cos I was in a bit of a flap cos I was nervous I agreed to it, I guess if it irritates me I can go back and get it changed to a bar, I'm quite liking it though! Conch punching looks really good, you ought to ask sound devastation who did hers.

ReputationRep:
    First tattoo yesterday

kitty butt!
    By Chris Govier - Body Art Tattoo Swansea (cant recommend this guy enough, he's fantastic)

Wah... and also my now departed industrial.
    me and piercings now have an agreement, they dont come near me, I dont go near them. They just dont work for me

See thats how NOT to pierce, it was right right tight against the skin, so my ear tried to grow over the whole thing. Months of frustration and removing the bar for 2 cbr's and then them exploding on me. Grah, never again guys!
    Lesson learnt, good piercings aint cheap like this one was. (Blue banana Swansea - what was I thinking?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I wasn't going to but they sort of erred me towards it and cos I was in a bit of a flap cos I was nervous I agreed to it, I guess if it irritates me I can go back and get it changed to a bar, I'm quite liking it though! Conch punching looks really good, you ought to ask sound devastation who did hers.
    What's that like to sleep on? I had my conch done in March with a straight barbell and even now it's still difficult to sleep on. What's it like with a BCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What's that like to sleep on? I had my conch done in March with a straight barbell and even now it's still difficult to sleep on. What's it like with a BCR?
    Impossible, but then I couldn't sleep on my helix for months. It's bleeding all over the shop tonight

ReputationRep:
    Impossible, but then I couldn't sleep on my helix for months. It's bleeding all over the shop tonight
    Hmmm, maybe you'd be better off switching to a labret stud or barbell?
    Mine hasn't bled since the day it was pierced.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.