Bod Mod Society Watch

Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
you were there?! we should have met up! I was working Veggies in the Green Futures field, but spent alot of time at the Climate Camp.. they fed us and let us jump around in the paddling pool
I looked out for you cos I had a feeling you would be but how on earth did I miss veggies? I spent all of Thursday in the green fields as well! Sounds good at climate camp!
pixiepeep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey all, after a bit of advice really - I bought some 4mm tunnels last week, and I'm not entirely sure how to get them in! I've had round-ended plugs so far that have been pretty easy to push the taper out with, but I've tried twice today and it just doesn't want to know!

I've got to buy a new taper (as the one I've got apparently has a really rough edge and has really irritated the inside of my ear and made it bleed) and I'm planning on leaving it at least another week or two before attempting it again as it's a little sore atm.

Is there a knack to it, or is just the same as any other plug - sort of push and hope once it starts going in?

Cheers all
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lubrication would help i'm sure
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pixiepeep)
Hey all, after a bit of advice really - I bought some 4mm tunnels last week, and I'm not entirely sure how to get them in! I've had round-ended plugs so far that have been pretty easy to push the taper out with, but I've tried twice today and it just doesn't want to know!

I've got to buy a new taper (as the one I've got apparently has a really rough edge and has really irritated the inside of my ear and made it bleed) and I'm planning on leaving it at least another week or two before attempting it again as it's a little sore atm.

Is there a knack to it, or is just the same as any other plug - sort of push and hope once it starts going in?

Cheers all
What size are they at now? It's possible that you haven't waited enough between your stretches and they're just not ready to go up another size.

Like Trigger said, get some lube. KY jelly, vitamin e, jojoba or emu oil are all really good
pixiepeep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
What size are they at now?
3mm, and have been for at least 6 weeks. I did manage to get the taper through once (it sat there for hours) but when I tried to push it out with the tunnel I didn't get the tunnel through in the slightest, and that's when I noticed the blood so figured I should really stop!!
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3mm, and have been for at least 6 weeks. I did manage to get the taper through once (it sat there for hours) but when I tried to push it out with the tunnel I didn't get the tunnel through in the slightest, and that's when I noticed the blood so figured I should really stop!!
If you have trouble getting the taper in/through, you need to stop and leave it longer. I edited my other post btw

As for tunnels, even at larger sizes they can be really hard to get in if it's a fresh stretch. Can you even see through 4mm tunnels?! :p:
pixiepeep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What size are they at now? It's possible that you haven't waited enough between your stretches and they're just not ready to go up another size.

Like Trigger said, get some lube. KY jelly, vitamin e, jojoba or emu oil are all really good
I've been using petroleum jelly, which has been fab so far, and I've got some vitamin e cream I use too. Plus I've been really good at leaving them, I started in January, used tapers for every stretch past 1.6mm ( I started at 0.8mm), not skipped any gauges, and I'm only just coming up to 4mm.
pixiepeep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have trouble getting the taper in/through, you need to stop and leave it longer. I edited my other post btw

As for tunnels, even at larger sizes they can be really hard to get in if it's a fresh stretch. Can you even see through 4mm tunnels?! :p:
Lol, yeah I can. They look quite cute! I wasn't really having any trouble with the taper (other than the fact that it's crap and I've just bought a decent one off Flesh Tunnels where I bought my others).

I'm not going to attempt it again with this taper I've got - it's already in the bin. Bit annoyed as this is the first one I've had trouble with. I may just have to buy some plugs instead for a while before I try putting this tunnel in! Not really got the cash at the minute tho!
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been using petroleum jelly, which has been fab so far, and I've got some vitamin e cream I use too. Plus I've been really good at leaving them, I started in January, used tapers for every stretch past 1.6mm ( I started at 0.8mm), not skipped any gauges, and I'm only just coming up to 4mm.
Yeah that's all well and good, but it's not like it's an exact art and each time you need to leave the same time between each one. If you get a lot of resistance you need to leave it alone for the sake of your lobes. One person might be able to get the next size up in after 3-4 weeks without any problems, another might have to wait 6-7.

It's not like you have to listen to anything I say. If you're dead set on doing it, do it, but you might have problems with going bigger after. I certainly did and it's taken 12 months+ of TLC to correct.

Lol, yeah I can. They look quite cute! I wasn't really having any trouble with the taper (other than the fact that it's crap and I've just bought a decent one off Flesh Tunnels where I bought my others).

I'm not going to attempt it again with this taper I've got - it's already in the bin. Bit annoyed as this is the first one I've had trouble with. I may just have to buy some plugs instead for a while before I try putting this tunnel in! Not really got the cash at the minute tho!
Definintely go for some plugs as well :yep: There are loads of places you can buy them online for less than £2, £5 if you want something good quality like glass at 4mm. Seriously, the internet is the place to buy plugs! The piercer in town where I live charges extortionate amounts for things I could get for less than a fiver. (That's if you don't already )
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some people say that tapers are bad, because they force the stretch and you can stretch further than your ear actually wants to go. Particularly if you have a "bad" taper, this might be the cause of your problems. I also wouldn't advise vaseline, as it's kinda greasy and isn't really a lubricant.

Unless your jewellery is poor quality and has sharp edges, the fact that it's a tunnel shouldn't upset anything.
pixiepeep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah that's all well and good, but it's not like it's an exact art and each time you need to leave the same time between each one. If you get a lot of resistance you need to leave it alone for the sake of your lobes. One person might be able to get the next size up in after 3-4 weeks without any problems, another might have to wait 6-7.

It's not like you have to listen to anything I say. If you're dead set on doing it, do it, but you might have problems with going bigger after. I certainly did and it's taken 12 months+ of TLC to correct.

Definintely go for some plugs as well :yep: There are loads of places you can buy them online for less than £2, £5 if you want something good quality like glass at 4mm. Seriously, the internet is the place to buy plugs! The piercer in town where I live charges extortionate amounts for things I could get for less than a fiver. (That's if you don't already )
I always stop if it hurts too much to push it through - I'm not going to be daft with it - the only reason it hurt tonight was cause of the crappy taper I reckon! I tend to sit down and plan on doing it over the space of a day, and gradually move it through the hole - if it stops moving, and wont budge without pain, I'll take it out and leave it for another day.

And while it sounds dodgy, I get my plugs off ebay . I've had my 2.4 and 3mm from a shop on there, and they've been fantastic, and not more than £3 each. Although, that said, it's also where I got this taper from, so I'm a little warey now!
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I'm ready to move up to 5mm :excited:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
See, that's bad. You shouldn't have to force it through a little at a time. If it goes, it should just go straight away with little resistance.
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I always stop if it hurts too much to push it through - I'm not going to be daft with it - the only reason it hurt tonight was cause of the crappy taper I reckon! I tend to sit down and plan on doing it over the space of a day, and gradually move it through the hole - if it stops moving, and wont budge without pain, I'll take it out and leave it for another day.

And while it sounds dodgy, I get my plugs off ebay . I've had my 2.4 and 3mm from a shop on there, and they've been fantastic, and not more than £3 each. Although, that said, it's also where I got this taper from, so I'm a little warey now!
What Juno said.

Have you ever looked here?

Got to be miles better than ebay. They're always really good if you need to return anything and they have a good forum, we're lovely! Lol.

ANYWAY! In other news, I got an email from BAF to say my order has been shipped today Should be here by Wednesday/Thursday. I have so many gorgeous plugs coming, eeeee. And I only have 9mm left to go until my left lobe has caught up and both lobes are 25mm and I can actually wear my jewellery in PAIRS! :yep:
pixiepeep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
See, that's bad. You shouldn't have to force it through a little at a time. If it goes, it should just go straight away with little resistance.
I can't see how that would work though I had my ears pierced years ago and I still struggled to get the 1.2mm in as my first stretch. As a rule, each taper so far has gone almost to the widest point without meeting any resistance, but they've all met some resistance. I never push if it doesn't want to go, but the last little bit always seems to resist enough to sting.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whenever I've stretched up, they've literally just slid through without resistance.

You're simply not leaving enough time between stretches.
Sakura-Chan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
... And use a better lube, like vitamin e oil, not cream or petroleum jelly. It's really cheap. Just give it a go.
TheOneCurlyFry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'd love to get a lip piercing, either snake bites or half a snake bite (so just one side lol) but parents wouldnt allow it and school sure as hell wouldnt allow it... maybe something to try at uni
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
i'd love to get a lip piercing, either snake bites or half a snake bite (so just one side lol) but parents wouldnt allow it and school sure as hell wouldnt allow it... maybe something to try at uni
I waited untill i had moved out (i have a labret, stick with a classic!) I think we have had that debate before about waiting untill you have left home as a mark of respect to you parents. Look at it like a tattoo, if you still want it done after a year or so then you know it'l be worth it
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't see how that would work though I had my ears pierced years ago and I still struggled to get the 1.2mm in as my first stretch. As a rule, each taper so far has gone almost to the widest point without meeting any resistance, but they've all met some resistance. I never push if it doesn't want to go, but the last little bit always seems to resist enough to sting.
I've tried stretching a few times and i just don't seem to be able to stretch up to a mere 1.2mm either :confused: not sure what i am doing wrong...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
32.65%
No - I got the required grades (27)
55.1%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (6)
12.24%

Watched Threads