Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Trigger

That looks fantastic! Very jealous!

kordking
:woo: :eek3: :biggrin:
THAT IS TRULY AWESOME

Cheers guys :smile:
I wasn't sure it would be worth the time it took, but i love it now its done.
Bugger, got proceedure on Monday, so I've got a week to find something I can put in in place :s-smilie:

Anyone recommend somewhere I can get cheap, decent glass or I suppose acrylic plugs at 3mm and 4mm in less than a week?
Also, does anyone here have any experiences with transverse lobe piercings?
I love them but not sure i have the guts to go through with it :eek:
pixiepeep
Bugger, got proceedure on Monday, so I've got a week to find something I can put in in place :s-smilie:

Anyone recommend somewhere I can get cheap, decent glass or I suppose acrylic plugs at 3mm and 4mm in less than a week?

I have one 3mm acrylic plug tunnel thing I could send you first class if you want, I'll send it if you give me your address.
Reply 4365
pixiepeep

How much is cheap? Silicone Kaos earskins, £5.80 a pair - here. All the cheap £1 acrylic seems to only start at 5-6mm and above =/ You could try searching Wildcat's clearance sections but I'd never rely on them to deliver on time, they're terrible with that. Saying that, I've never bought from pierceitshop so I'm not sure what they're like either, heh...

How long will you need the jewellery in? If it's only a few hours won't you just be okay with nothing in your lobes? With some lube the jewellery should go back in fairly easily after a short period of time for most people. If you're not sure, try leaving them out for an hour today, see how easily they go back in, then try for a bit longer tomorrow, etc.
Kate.
How much is cheap? Silicone Kaos earskins, £5.80 a pair - here. All the cheap £1 acrylic seems to only start at 5-6mm and above =/ You could try searching Wildcat's clearance sections but I'd never rely on them to deliver on time, they're terrible with that. Saying that, I've never bought from pierceitshop so I'm not sure what they're like either, heh...

How long will you need the jewellery in? If it's only a few hours won't you just be okay with nothing in your lobes? With some lube the jewellery should go back in fairly easily after a short period of time for most people. If you're not sure, try leaving them out for an hour today, see how easily they go back in, then try for a bit longer tomorrow, etc.

I'm presuming they're not going to be left out for more than an hour, but my holes always heal up stupidly fast. Before stretching, if I left my standard studs out for more than a few hours they'd be a pain to get back in, and they've been pierced since I was 17 (23 now). I shall just have to take my tapers and vit e oil with me, and try to get them back in before I go home! Problem is I only stretched my right one to 4mm in the middle of last week before I got my appointment through - if I'd known I would have waited!!

It's worth me getting some glass/silicone/acrylic ones anyway, as if they find something on Monday I'm going to be spending a lot more time in hospital :frown: Thinking of getting some glass tunnels off bodyjewelleryshop as they look pretty nice and £7 each ain't too bad as I'll be wearing them for a while!
Kate.
Saying that, I've never bought from pierceitshop so I'm not sure what they're like either, heh...
I've bought from them a few times, they're pretty reliable and good quality.
My conch is now at 3.2mm :woo:
I have a lovely turquoise top hat coming for my right ear, yay!

I'm in 2 minds about stretching my conch, it's still healing atm.
very stupid question coming up :o: I got my top ear/cartiliage pierced a year ago, but I haven't taken it out at all :o: Is it ok to take it out overnight or will it start to heal up again? Just want to give it a break!
Reply 4371
You don't need to 'give it a break', so I wouldn't risk it personally. I've had my helix done for about 3 and a half years and I don't think I'd be able to comfortably get the jewellery in after a night. I definitely wouldn't have been able to leave it out after just a year. Everyone's different though, you might be fine...but there's no reason to leave it out so seems a bit pointless :smile:
hey guys,

thinking of getting my first tattoo this summer, ive decided on getting something on the back of my neck and was wondering how much they hurt compared to other places? I havent really decided on what to get yet but will definitely be something small and black, atm this is the sort of thing im looking for
ButterflyTattooedited.jpg

what do you think?
Reply 4373
Hi everyone,

I've just booked my first tattoo for next saturday (they had one slot that had been cancelled!) and I'm a bit nervous. It's a buddhist mantra on my foot - slightly scared of the pain and possibility of ink migration! They quoted me for £60-70 and I was just wondering how much I should be thinking of tipping? As I've never been tattooed before I don't know what the etiquette is really! (Obviously only tip if you're happy blah blah but I hope I will be!)

went in blue banana on saturday to buy some silver bcr's for my helix
7 bloody quid!!! so I ran, and came and looked at home. Same thing on BJS for 1.50.. how ridiculous
Out of curiousity though. What length BCR's does everybody wear in their helix piercings?
Never ever ever ever go to blue banana for anything. Rip off merchants and they get the same level of piercing training as the idiots in Claires Accessories.
To be fair it's not just places like Blue Banana that charge so much for jewellery. All the proper piercing studios in town do that as well. I always look online first, the best places for cheap but good quality jewellery are BJS like you said, and Wildcat :smile:
Trigger
Never ever ever ever go to blue banana for anything. Rip off merchants and they get the same level of piercing training as the idiots in Claires Accessories.

I could not actually believe it to be fair, the thing is here there is no other choice-espiecially in the town centre- than to go to blue banana. I got all my piercings done there (all 3 of them haha) they were done by the same girl and have all been fine.
After everything I have heard about them since though, I don't think I'll be going there again
When trying to buy the BCR's (with the shock on my face about the price) she was like 'yea, they're surgical steel...'
like I was supposed to go ooo I'll pay 7 POUND!!!! for that tiny thing...
samsam123
I could not actually believe it to be fair, the thing is here there is no other choice-espiecially in the town centre- than to go to blue banana. I got all my piercings done there (all 3 of them haha) they were done by the same girl and have all been fine.
After everything I have heard about them since though, I don't think I'll be going there again
When trying to buy the BCR's (with the shock on my face about the price) she was like 'yea, they're surgical steel...'
like I was supposed to go ooo I'll pay 7 POUND!!!! for that tiny thing...

Yeah Ebay or the other sites mentioned are you best bet. Blue banana sucks balls.
Saving up for my first tattoo.

I've got a long way to go. But, well, I've had this tattoo in mind for around three years now: I'm in no hurry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending