Bod Mod Society Watch

Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by samsam123)
I could not actually believe it to be fair, the thing is here there is no other choice-espiecially in the town centre- than to go to blue banana. I got all my piercings done there (all 3 of them haha) they were done by the same girl and have all been fine.
After everything I have heard about them since though, I don't think I'll be going there again
When trying to buy the BCR's (with the shock on my face about the price) she was like 'yea, they're surgical steel...'
like I was supposed to go ooo I'll pay 7 POUND!!!! for that tiny thing...
Yeah Ebay or the other sites mentioned are you best bet. Blue banana sucks balls.
cazamatazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saving up for my first tattoo.

I've got a long way to go. But, well, I've had this tattoo in mind for around three years now: I'm in no hurry.
Montarnna
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was planning on getting a tattoo next week, and I was wondering whether people thought it would be sad to get a tattoo that was ''rascal'' in Thai, as my thai uncle always used to call me a little rascal, and he died last year. I was originall going to get a leaf or a star, but maybe the more original route would be best? Let me know if you have any opinions
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If its special to you then do it. Its not up to the internet to decide for you.
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know what to do with the micro dermal on my chest :sad: It's on it's way out, it's lymphy, it's not sitting flat and it's sore. However, the more I massage it, the less loose it gets. It's not going to come out without a fight.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I could not actually believe it to be fair, the thing is here there is no other choice-espiecially in the town centre- than to go to blue banana. I got all my piercings done there (all 3 of them haha) they were done by the same girl and have all been fine.
After everything I have heard about them since though, I don't think I'll be going there again
When trying to buy the BCR's (with the shock on my face about the price) she was like 'yea, they're surgical steel...'
like I was supposed to go ooo I'll pay 7 POUND!!!! for that tiny thing...
Is there any real difference between titanium and surgical steel? Like which is better?
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Is there any real difference between titanium and surgical steel? Like which is better?
Steel contains nickel, which a lot of people are sensitive/allergic to. Titanium is generally considered better and the majority of piercers in the UK will not pierce with steel (partly due to the EU nickel laws, but there are still some grades of steel that comply as far as I know).
samsam123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Steel contains nickel, which a lot of people are sensitive/allergic to. Titanium is generally considered better and the majority of piercers in the UK will not pierce with steel (partly due to the EU nickel laws, but there are still some grades of steel that comply as far as I know).
where does blackline stuff come into it...
when I got mine done in blue banana it was more expensive to have blackline but apparently they healed better.. I went with titanium though (thats the one that comes in different colours right?) Although when having my rook done I had blackline and weren't given the choice except between that and some goldy one
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmmm... To tip the tattoo artist, or not to tip the tattoo artist? I've never bothered.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
where does blackline stuff come into it...
when I got mine done in blue banana it was more expensive to have blackline but apparently they healed better.. I went with titanium though (thats the one that comes in different colours right?) Although when having my rook done I had blackline and weren't given the choice except between that and some goldy one
Blackine is PVD coated titanium. Titanium can be anodised every colour except red and black, but black can be done by PVD coating. I think Wildcat also does a line of black coated steel which is called Mysterium or something? I know some piercers who won't use Blackline (none of the top quality companies even make it - I think Wildcat is the only one who still does) and I've certainly heard nothing that would imply faster healing with it. Blue Banana are generally viewed as crap though, so I'd wouldn't take what they say for total truth ;D

And regarding tipping a tattoo artist...if I was happy (and I wouldn't ever go to someone I wouldn't be 100% certain of being thrilled with tbh) then I'd definitely tip. I'd feel rude not to. I wouldn't tip a piercer unless they were exceptional, used the best jewellery, etc...but it's usually considered common practice to tip a tattoo artist.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah... Maybe I'm just a massive ****. I never tip anyone.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didnt realise you tipped tattooists...though my mate does mine i usually buy him a beer :dontknow:
loz_fairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have never tipped a tattoist for 2 reaons:
1) I'd probably had to save up for the tattoo and it was literally the last of my money
2) I keep going back to the same guy and always recommend him to others

When I have some proper cash i would tip tho
haz220807
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have two lobe piercings in each ear then my tragus and daith done in my left ear, retired my industrial on the right ear earlier this year.
I want my tongue pierced but my bf already had this so am considering venoms. Would also like a rook in my right ear and am very interested in microdermal anchoring, considering four- all around my navel...will have to be done after some weight loss though. Would like a straightforward navel piercing but operation scars in my belly button won't allow for this I don't think.

As for tattoos my first was the word 'spero' meaning hope in Latin on my left wrist. I designed this myself in that I chose the word and wanted it all to be lower case and chose the font, I also chose the direction of the word. It goes down my wrist with the 'o' nearest my hand so that I can read it the right way up when I look at it. I wanted the word as I learnt Latin at school and loved the way the word sounded. Also a permanent reminder of my nan who's always given me hope throughout my life...also as I suffered from depression earlier on in life the fact that I can have hope as I've gotten through it. The placement was v important as it related to the depression and an aspect of that.

My second tattoo is stars, not very original maybe. I have three down my back, fitting between the prominent bone at the base of the neck down to just above where your bra lies at the back. I have three as three has always been a number I've had a connection with and has been lucky in my life. The first star is a royal blue in colour as that's the colour I've always worn a lot and is my favourite. The second star is red to symbolise love and the third star is pink as my fiance wears that colour a lot. I didn't want his name but still wanted something to symbolise and I like the fact that my stars spell out 'Harriet loves Anthony' even though you wouldn't know it to look at them.

People usually love my spero and the first comment when they see my stars is 'they're huge!'
I have two tattoos in the planning, the one which in my mind I have to have first (or at least start first...not sure why I just know it) is a chain of Scottish thistles going from mid way up my right thigh over my right hip round to the small of my back. I'm half Scottish so that's why I want them. I was hesistant to have plants as my grandad hated the colour green (Rangers supporter and hated Celtic) but now I feel just having delicate green leaves with the purples flowers will be okay. I plan to have my grandad's date of birth written as small as possible on one of the stems.

The fourth tattoo will be a daisy, fairly simply white daisy on my left side. I plan to get this done when my best friend comes over from New Zealand next year which gives me 10 months to start my thistles project. She'll be getting the same tattoo when she comes over, although she hasn't decided on the placement. Daisies are a symbol of sisterhood and my friend and I have always been 'sisters.' Some people think having tattoos with people is silly but I believe that if I can feel as strong a bond between her now having not seen her for nearly 3 years as I did when we spent every day together when she was over here then having a sisterhood bond will be no issue.

Apologies for how long this is! I could talk forever about tattoos especially. I have tattoo and piercing cravings where I am absolutely obsessed and can talk about nothing else for days on end- that's how I ended up having my first one even though it had been planned for over a year.
FoxboroHotTubs:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are Blue Banana really that bad for piercing? I know they've got some offer on at the moment (which probably isn't the best advert for skill!) and I'm tempted to get pierced there? I was thinking tragus or just another ear piercing like cartlidge. I guess it's worth paying for quality elswewhere just wondering if they are really that awful? Even just for say an ear rim (sorry don't know the technical terms) piercing?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
Are Blue Banana really that bad for piercing? I know they've got some offer on at the moment (which probably isn't the best advert for skill!) and I'm tempted to get pierced there? I was thinking tragus or just another ear piercing like cartlidge. I guess it's worth paying for quality elswewhere just wondering if they are really that awful? Even just for say an ear rim (sorry don't know the technical terms) piercing?
Go somewhere that doesnt employ scene kids and get it done properly i say.
FoxboroHotTubs:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
Go somewhere that doesnt employ scene kids and get it done properly i say.
It really is bad? I guess I'll go somewhere else then :P I'm thinking of getting a tattoo soon too but I wasn't going to get that done there anyways. Think I'll definitely go somewhere else for the tat.
cazamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I always feel really uncomfortable in Blue Banana. Like I'm not cool enough to be there. My friends seem to enjoy getting pierced there, though, even they have to pay through the nose for it. It's a mystery.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So ive now stretched to 2mm
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i've never tipped a tattooist because i always go back to the same one and tell anyone who will listen to get their tattoos etc done there. besides, it is a lot of money for a tattoo so i don't really see why i'd tip.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.81%
No (584)
72.19%

Watched Threads