The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

kordking
Hey guys I am booked in for my first tattoo on Saturday (and am mildly nervous) am going to be eating plenty beforehand and taking a couple bottles of Vimto with me but is there anything else you can recommend?
Also which is better for aftercare E45 or Sudocreme (I have eczema so I need to be on top of the aftercare from the first)

As above, I'd go for Bepanthen. Run the tube under a hot tap before you use it for a couple of minutes though to soften it up (it's quite thick).

What are you getting done? I'm sure you've no need to be nervous!
so i have my rook done on one of my ears and its lonely
what looks good with rooks - I was considering conch, or anti tragus?
Reply 4482
samsam123
so i have my rook done on one of my ears and its lonely
what looks good with rooks - I was considering conch, or anti tragus?

Funny, I was considering a rook to go with my conch :p: So obviously, I'm going to say conch.

Bah, I wanna stretch my lobes a little, just because I loooove the wooden and glass spirals you can get. I don't ever wear earrings, so it wouldn't pose a problem really.. but something's holding me back, I have no idea what. Give me stories and advice on stretching, please! Anything!
Lucyyy
Funny, I was considering a rook to go with my conch :p: So obviously, I'm going to say conch.

haha yea, how much did it hurt? Also, I was wondering about ear phones.. is it still possible to use them?
Reply 4484
samsam123
haha yea, how much did it hurt? Also, I was wondering about ear phones.. is it still possible to use them?

I didn't think it hurt a whole lot, but it varies between everyone I suppose. Just hurts most when the jewellery goes in rather than the actual piercing, which seems to be the case with most people! I can still wear earphones with mine which i'm pretty thankful for, but obviously they (should) will check the placement with you before they go on with the piercing, so try and get a rough idea of where your earphones sit I guess!
If I get a tongue piercing and put in a plastic barbell will it still chip away and erode my teeth?
Reply 4486
Arturo Bandini
What are you getting done? I'm sure you've no need to be nervous!

It's kinda sad but it's the blink 182 smiley face from the album cover without the colours (I did want them doing in UV but have heard some horror stories lately that have put me off that idea)
Lucyyy

Bah, I wanna stretch my lobes a little, just because I loooove the wooden and glass spirals you can get. I don't ever wear earrings, so it wouldn't pose a problem really.. but something's holding me back, I have no idea what. Give me stories and advice on stretching, please! Anything!

Im stretching atm, i have no stories whatsoever, its been all very easy :smile: Just expensive as you have to keep buying more jewellery.
kordking
It's kinda sad but it's the blink 182 smiley face from the album cover without the colours (I did want them doing in UV but have heard some horror stories lately that have put me off that idea)

If you think its sad why are you getting it done?
Reply 4489
Trigger
Im stretching atm, i have no stories whatsoever, its been all very easy :smile: Just expensive as you have to keep buying more jewellery.

Ahhh, good to hear. Everything I read just seems to be like.. OMG BLOWOUTS! etc. How long do you tend to wait between stretches?
Lucyyy
Ahhh, good to hear. Everything I read just seems to be like.. OMG BLOWOUTS! etc. How long do you tend to wait between stretches?

Its been recommended that you wait about 4 weeks but when i started stretching i wasn't waiting that long but now its a bit bigger i am. I'm in no rush. The website piercing jewellery online doesn't charge P&P so it keeps costs down. I am only at 3mm atm but onwards and upwards!
Itching to stretch again; haven't touched right lobe since I got up to 4mm at the end of July, which just seems too long ago now!!! Left lobe's been at 4mm for about 3/4 weeks now, I think, and is feeling fine. Sadly, can't afford the glass tunnels I want, even tho they're only £7 each :frown: Must wait till payday next week!
Hey. Just wondering, has anyone treated their hair with the L'Oreal X-Tenso straightening system. I'm considering trying it out :s-smilie:
KiraMayz
Why did you post that in the body mod thread?
She's modding her hair!
I think we discussed hair dying as a mod but decided it didn't count really :p:
Reply 4496
Trigger
If you think its sad why are you getting it done?

well, most people would call it sad, I happen to think it's awesome
Reply 4497
Lucyyy

My stretching has been fine :smile: I'd recommended longer than 4 weeks though - I usually say 6-8 weeks as a minimum. I doubt many of my stretches would've been problem-free at 4 weeks. It took me a year and a half to get to 1/2" (approx 13mm) and I've been there for...quite a while, now. About 2.5 years. No blowouts, tears, bleeding, etc. Just make sure you always use lube, never skip sizes and never force it. PTFE tape or bondage tape is also a great way to stretch gradually, just wrap 1-3 layers around your plugs every few days until you're at the next size.

Small gauge glass and organic hangies are beautiful, sometimes I wish I stopped at 3-4mm so I could take advantage of them! I have 1 pair of spirals in my size but I don't really wear them, I think they look too bulky now. :frown:
Reply 4498
Kate.
My stretching has been fine :smile: I'd recommended longer than 4 weeks though - I usually say 6-8 weeks as a minimum. I doubt many of my stretches would've been problem-free at 4 weeks. It took me a year and a half to get to 1/2" (approx 13mm) and I've been there for...quite a while, now. About 2.5 years. No blowouts, tears, bleeding, etc. Just make sure you always use lube, never skip sizes and never force it. PTFE tape or bondage tape is also a great way to stretch gradually, just wrap 1-3 layers around your plugs every few days until you're at the next size.

Small gauge glass and organic hangies are beautiful, sometimes I wish I stopped at 3-4mm so I could take advantage of them! I have 1 pair of spirals in my size but I don't really wear them, I think they look too bulky now. :frown:

Awesome, thanks for the advice! As impatient as I am, I'd rather take the necessary time than ending up tearing them and having to downsize or whatever. I'm not really sure how large I want to go, but I'm more interested in wearing the glass and organic spirals and such, which I do think look better at a relatively small size. Maybe 5mm, or a little larger, I guess i'll see once I get to those sizes and decide what'll be best.
Lucyyy
Awesome, thanks for the advice! As impatient as I am, I'd rather take the necessary time than ending up tearing them and having to downsize or whatever. I'm not really sure how large I want to go, but I'm more interested in wearing the glass and organic spirals and such, which I do think look better at a relatively small size. Maybe 5mm, or a little larger, I guess i'll see once I get to those sizes and decide what'll be best.

Want :frown: double my size though http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/pmma_ikon_flesh_plug_ikon_plug_immaculate_mary_4014425.cfm

Quick Reply

Latest