Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a helix piercing on the 6th june, and it was originally pierced with a 1.6mm needle, which was a massive gaping hole compared to the size of my tiny ear! So I bought a 1.2mm barbell to wear in it and it's gotten a lot smaller and looks tonnes better. However, it's still very sore to sleep on! I can move the jewellery about and it's not sore but if I apply any pressure at all it's agony! Does this pain ever go away or will it stay pretty much always?

ReputationRep:
    the pain will go away! it may take a while, but just leave it alone and try not to sleep on it.

Ive had ear cartilage piercings take over a year to heal properly, but it'll get there.

ReputationRep:
    I just got these through the post in 5mm

ReputationRep:
    They look lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmkai12)
    Getting my tattoo done soon now... 14th dec first session sooooo excited. Wanted it for 3 years now but waited to make sure i wanted it and because i couldnt afford it lol now have all the money saved up (8-12 hours ish, hes not that sure yet) and cant wait!!! Amazing tattooist doing it.. booked it in april and this was the first appointment he had free! Thats how good he is so so excited.
    Who's doing it?

ReputationRep:
    So guess who got pierced in her lunch break :ninja: :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    So guess who got pierced in her lunch break :ninja: :proud:
    ooooh.. what did you get?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    ooooh.. what did you get?!
    My nape, was surprisingly not as painful as last time and he was pushing through one side of the scar tissue from the last one.

ReputationRep:
    My nape, was surprisingly not as painful as last time and he was pushing through one side of the scar tissue from the last one.
    wow, nice.

I cant afford a new piercing, but i might get my new housemate to pierce my nostrils again (hes a trainee)..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    wow, nice.

I cant afford a new piercing, but i might get my new housemate to pierce my nostrils again (hes a trainee)..
    See my mate who was training pierced my nostril the second time and did it at a retarded angle so i cant wear a ring in there now. Lame.

ReputationRep:
    I am rapidly warming to the idea of a nape piercing.. I don't think the parentals would approve, and it would be a stupid idea given that I'd possibly have to take it out anyway for my future degree, but ahh.. so priddy.

Also, turns out that teeny weeny 14g clear o-rings go amiss so very easily. Curse it. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    I am rapidly warming to the idea of a nape piercing.. I don't think the parentals would approve, and it would be a stupid idea given that I'd possibly have to take it out anyway for my future degree, but ahh.. so priddy.

Also, turns out that teeny weeny 14g clear o-rings go amiss so very easily. Curse it. :nothing:
    WHat teh chosen degree? Pretty easy to hide if ye catch my drift...

ReputationRep:
    WHat teh chosen degree? Pretty easy to hide if ye catch my drift...
    Pharmacy. Only because I know the production area in the hospital I was in this week is an absolute no make up, no jewellery zone.. But then, I left my conch in because I physically couldn't unscrew it. Didn't seem to be problem.. might just go for it anyway. That might not even be the case in uni anyway! It will be a few quid wasted at the worst, but I could get a fair few months lovin' out of it yet..

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacy. Only because I know the production area in the hospital I was in this week is an absolute no make up, no jewellery zone.. But then, I left my conch in because I physically couldn't unscrew it. Didn't seem to be problem.. might just go for it anyway. That might not even be the case in uni anyway! It will be a few quid wasted at the worst, but I could get a fair few months lovin' out of it yet..
    And a low pony tail is more then enough cover as long as you are careful that the hair doesn't twist around the balls.

ReputationRep:
    And a low pony tail is more then enough cover as long as you are careful that the hair doesn't twist around the balls.
    Ahh but you have to wear a hairnet.. thing.., so it would be visible still :p: Might just go for it anyway. How much did yours cost you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh but you have to wear a hairnet.. thing.., so it would be visible still :p: Might just go for it anyway. How much did yours cost you?
    £40, most places will charge about that much for surface piercings.

ReputationRep:
    £40, most places will charge about that much for surface piercings.
    Yeah, I was expecting around that price. Here's hoping I stumble across some money some time soon, or, heaven forbid.. get a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Who's doing it?
    Ben Boston.. based in Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmkai12)
    Ben Boston.. based in Bristol
    He is incredible, my mate had her tattoo done there and it was perfect, i shall find a photo.

ReputationRep:
    It has since been shaded but she doesn't have any pics of that.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.