Bod Mod Society Watch

Buster_Bunny
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Yellow-nutshell)
Not as bad as expected! I think because one of my friends said it was amazingly painful i was expecting a lot worse, which in a way was a good thing. It was the same as any piercing really, hurts for a second and then it was ok. Was stinging and a bit sore after, but it's really not bad. Just have to be careful knocking it. And it needs cleaning a lot but that doesn't really take much effort!
I'm pleased i got it done! Definitely proud of myself for going through with it :yes:
Hey, i got mine pierced on friday, getting the second done tomorrow - how's yours going? I know mine is fresh but it hasnt stopped bleeding :/
Yellow-nutshell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Buster_Bunny)
Hey, i got mine pierced on friday, getting the second done tomorrow - how's yours going? I know mine is fresh but it hasnt stopped bleeding :/
Ahh sound! Mine bled loads when i had it done don't worry. It will settle, just keep it clean!
Mines looking pretty good, i'm surpised. From what i had heard/read i was expecting it to be a pain to heal but it's been no problem at all. I think if you didn't know to look at it it looks healed already. But most of my piercings have been pretty good and healed quickly. I've been using savlon antiseptic spray on it every now and then as well which may have helped as well as salt wash.
I only got the one...i didn't know whether to do both or not. I think i'll stick with one for now haha. I don't think i could brave having two sore nipples at the same time :p:
Monkey_Maiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi, I was just looking for some information. I had a scaffold piercing in 2005 and had it for about a year but then took it out as I think the bar was too short which led to extreme pain and it developed a big lump on it and wasn't worth the hassle. I really want it done again but am thinking of having two seperate piercings before having the bar put in as I heard this was better but could I get it pierced in the same ear over the scar tissue? Or would it be wiser to have it done in the opposite ear? Many thanks
BoNN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey id love to get my tongue pierced but i was told i couldnt as i have 3 large veins running up the middle, and both sides of my tongue what would happen if i got it pierced anyway? lol
Yellow-nutshell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BoNN)
hey id love to get my tongue pierced but i was told i couldnt as i have 3 large veins running up the middle, and both sides of my tongue what would happen if i got it pierced anyway? lol
Uh well I'm guessing you would bleed a lot! I'd imagine it could easily cause permanent damage as well, might make the tongue tissue ischemic :confused:
This is me guessing however, you could always get a second opinion (from a reputable place) but i would suggest if they say the same it's probably not a good idea to do it anyway lol
BoNN
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Uh well I'm guessing you would bleed a lot! I'd imagine it could easily cause permanent damage as well, might make the tongue tissue ischemic :confused:
This is me guessing however, you could always get a second opinion (from a reputable place) but i would suggest if they say the same it's probably not a good idea to do it anyway lol
Hmm good point lol well i phoned up a few good places around glasgow and they suggested getting a surface piercing, llooks kinda like an eyebrow piercing except it goes through the top of your tongue and not all the way through
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BoNN)
Hmm good point lol well i phoned up a few good places around glasgow and they suggested getting a surface piercing, llooks kinda like an eyebrow piercing except it goes through the top of your tongue and not all the way through
I would never suggest a tongue surface piercing. Sure, a few people have healed them (some people can heal anything, it seems) but they're totally not a good idea. Think of how much your tongue moves! :| Have you actually gone in to see another piercer (or two, or three!) and shown them your tongue? If not, then it's still possible it can be pierced normally, at a slight angle to avoid larger veins.

If you have been to see at least one or two good studios about a normal tongue piercing or venoms (the sides), then tbh I'd just give up on a tongue piercing really. Definitely wouldn't recommend trying a surface tongue, and I'm surprised that that many studios suggested it really.
Buster_Bunny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahh sound! Mine bled loads when i had it done don't worry. It will settle, just keep it clean!
Mines looking pretty good, i'm surpised. From what i had heard/read i was expecting it to be a pain to heal but it's been no problem at all. I think if you didn't know to look at it it looks healed already. But most of my piercings have been pretty good and healed quickly. I've been using savlon antiseptic spray on it every now and then as well which may have helped as well as salt wash.
I only got the one...i didn't know whether to do both or not. I think i'll stick with one for now haha. I don't think i could brave having two sore nipples at the same time :p:
Yeah im keeping it super clean its too much of a risky area to unattend. I know this guy that got his done, he cleaned it once, only once! And was surprised that he got an infection after about 4 months. Silly...
I'll be happy once the bleeding stops, i just keep waking up in the mornings with more. And my second one hurt alot more! Not as much as my vch though! That was a killer.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is it wrong to use normal salt on a piercing? I was reading that you should only use sea salt, so I bought some today :blush:
Had my rook done a few weeks ago :bigsmile: It's gonna take ages to heal
Buster_Bunny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
Is it wrong to use normal salt on a piercing? I was reading that you should only use sea salt, so I bought some today :blush:
Had my rook done a few weeks ago :bigsmile: It's gonna take ages to heal
Yeah you should only use sea salt, not table salt. Your piercer should of told you this as aftercare advice.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah you should only use sea salt, not table salt. Your piercer should of told you this as aftercare advice.
I was just told to use salt, and didn't know which one...
I went back to ask why I have a little 'bubble' thing on it. I got it on my tragus too but that went away after a while and actually this one is really quite big, and kind of hardens over as opposed to staying soft. He said I have a drainage problem or something.

Is it too soon to change it from a hoop to a normal barbell, because I think it would heal better with a bar rather than a hoop?
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
I went back to ask why I have a little 'bubble' thing on it. I got it on my tragus too but that went away after a while and actually this one is really quite big, and kind of hardens over as opposed to staying soft. He said I have a drainage problem or something.

Is it too soon to change it from a hoop to a normal barbell, because I think it would heal better with a bar rather than a hoop?
They shouldn't have pierced with a hoop in the first place :lolwut:
Buster_Bunny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)

I would advise not changing jewellery for a year, but get your piercer to change it for you if you do want to change
Cartilage piercings take agesss to heal! So dont change it yourself, yet.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
They shouldn't have pierced with a hoop in the first place :lolwut:
I mean he pierced it with a needle then put a hoop in :ninja:

One of these that's on the inside bit of the ear:

Spoiler:
Show

:dontknow:
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would advise not changing jewellery for a year, but get your piercer to change it for you if you do want to change
Cartilage piercings take agesss to heal! So dont change it yourself, yet.
A year :afraid:

Thanks

I also have the industrial, on the other ear, and I choose to sleep on that side due to not wanting to irritate the rook anymore, and it's so frustrating because pressure is building up on it now :mad: Might have two seperate bars put in until it heals :dontknow:

Thaaanks
Buster_Bunny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
A year :afraid:

Thanks

I also have the industrial, on the other ear, and I choose to sleep on that side due to not wanting to irritate the rook anymore, and it's so frustrating because pressure is building up on it now :mad: Might have two seperate bars put in until it heals :dontknow:

Thaaanks
You should get your piercer to change it if you do want to have a barbell
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
RE: table salt/sea salt...salt is salt. It's exactly the same chemical compound or whatever, but table salt has minute amounts of iodine or other additives. These are pretty unlikely to affect most people, and so most people won't really have problems with table salt.

mel0n - pretty sure Trigger meant that they should have used a barbell as initial jewellery - I don't think she thought you meant he just shoved a ring through haha. Rings are generally crap for healing :p: I'd definitely get the jewellery changed by a piercer. Once you've got it changed, if you're still struggling to get rid of the bump, buy some 100% chamomile tea bags and use them as hot compresses on the bump Works well for a lot of people (assuming you're not allergic to chamomile obviously, heh).
BoNN
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I would never suggest a tongue surface piercing. Sure, a few people have healed them (some people can heal anything, it seems) but they're totally not a good idea. Think of how much your tongue moves! :| Have you actually gone in to see another piercer (or two, or three!) and shown them your tongue? If not, then it's still possible it can be pierced normally, at a slight angle to avoid larger veins.

If you have been to see at least one or two good studios about a normal tongue piercing or venoms (the sides), then tbh I'd just give up on a tongue piercing really. Definitely wouldn't recommend trying a surface tongue, and I'm surprised that that many studios suggested it really.
Today i went to see a 2nd piercing studio they said that even though the 3veins i have running up my tongue are quite large, they still might be able to give me a venom (which sounds pretty cool to me haha) although the guy that was on at the time said he wouldnt do it as he only has a few years experience piercing tongues so he told me to come back on thursday as the owner of the shop, who has 20 years experience will be able to tell me if i can get it or not, as theres no room for error with this :erm:
Buster_Bunny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, is there anyone on here that has the triangle piercing done?

Ive wanted it for about 6 months now, but living in Plymouth there arent many well-known piercers around. The ones i phoned up either hadnt heard of it (:lolwut:) or refused to perform it as it was too risky. My piercer was willing, but has only performed it once before and he wasnt confident about piercing me :erm:

I would love to here of somewhere experienced in genital piercings, so that i could perhaps arrange a trip to get it done
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
RE: table salt/sea salt...salt is salt. It's exactly the same chemical compound or whatever, but table salt has minute amounts of iodine or other additives. These are pretty unlikely to affect most people, and so most people won't really have problems with table salt.

mel0n - pretty sure Trigger meant that they should have used a barbell as initial jewellery - I don't think she thought you meant he just shoved a ring through haha. Rings are generally crap for healing :p: I'd definitely get the jewellery changed by a piercer. Once you've got it changed, if you're still struggling to get rid of the bump, buy some 100% chamomile tea bags and use them as hot compresses on the bump Works well for a lot of people (assuming you're not allergic to chamomile obviously, heh).
Lol thanks Kate, yes that is what i meant :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.36%
No - I got the required grades (124)
56.88%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (30)
13.76%

Watched Threads