Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    I got in done with a bar in the end and it was the most painful piercing I've ever had! Wow. I had it done at Blue Banana and I was wondering what the verdict is on the tea tree oil they give you there is, is it too harsh to use on fresh piercings? Because I've been applying a couple of drops then rinsing it with boiled salted water but it makes it sting, I was going to stop using it and just use the salt water. Any advice?

Tea Tree oil is FAR too harsh for new piercings! Salt water is just fine on it's own =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    I got in done with a bar in the end and it was the most painful piercing I've ever had! Wow. I had it done at Blue Banana and I was wondering what the verdict is on the tea tree oil they give you there is, is it too harsh to use on fresh piercings? Because I've been applying a couple of drops then rinsing it with boiled salted water but it makes it sting, I was going to stop using it and just use the salt water. Any advice?
    Unless you hate your body i would never get anything done at BB. They are as bad as Claires Accessories as far as i am concerned. Awful, rude and poorly trained staff giving terrible after care advice and handing out teetree oil to people who know no better.

Not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with a tattoo on their foot? I want one on the inside of my foot, but have heard that they kill, and that the ink can be more likely to spread? The pain isn't really an issue for me, but I don't want it to be a blur after a couple of years... Any words of wisdom would be great

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my tongue pierced! It hurt a LOT less than I expected it to, however eating is definitely a problem! I have no idea how my sister was able to eat chips straight away, even swallowing tablets is a minor issue!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be getting my first tattoo on friday afternoon at 3:15, after spending just over a year making sure that I was happy with my design, so no regrets. What I mainly want to ask, is there anything prior to the tattoo I should know or be doing that I may have missed?
    I was given advice to not drink 24 hours beforehand, to get a good night's rest and to make sure I get something substantial to eat before my appointment. I'm nervous, yet so excited, I can't believe the time has nearly come! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamatastic)
    I'm going to be getting my first tattoo on friday afternoon at 3:15, after spending just over a year making sure that I was happy with my design, so no regrets. What I mainly want to ask, is there anything prior to the tattoo I should know or be doing that I may have missed?
    I was given advice to not drink 24 hours beforehand, to get a good night's rest and to make sure I get something substantial to eat before my appointment. I'm nervous, yet so excited, I can't believe the time has nearly come! :woo:
    Nope, there's nothing you need to do really.

ReputationRep:
    Had my nipple and both tragus pierced on sunday, how long do I need to wear a bra to bed for? Is it normal to still have dried blood forming around my tragus piercings?

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear the bra until it's healed, tbh. Stop it getting knocked while it's in its most delicate time.

With the tragus, yeah that's pretty normal. Just keep salt soaking them all and you should be fine. Soak the dried blood off with a salt soaked cotton bud - don't pick it or pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    being at uni is a PAIN. i want two surface piercings done, but i only trust my piercer to do it, which means waiting until i'm home at christmas

hi btw

ReputationRep:
    Really itching for some in k but i have not got the pennies. I'm really wanting a stag head silhouette with full antlers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdemilyxx)
    being at uni is a PAIN. i want two surface piercings done, but i only trust my piercer to do it, which means waiting until i'm home at christmas

hi btw

You're in London right?

I can REALLY recommend you a place where I got my mine done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You're in London right?

I can REALLY recommend you a place where I got my mine done.

oooh where? i don't mind a bit of a travel if it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdemilyxx)
    oooh where? i don't mind a bit of a travel if it's worth it.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/pie...ko_nw1_7bx.cfm

It's great. Really friendly and clean and professional etc... One of the smaller places in Camden (I think), and not amazing from that initial picture lol, but good inside. If I have any more piercings I will definitely go there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I had my naval pierced a year ago and now its starting to reject, i've tried using sea salt soaks on it but nothing is working, should I take it out or let it just grow out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidgetJen1990)
    I had my naval pierced a year ago and now its starting to reject, i've tried using sea salt soaks on it but nothing is working, should I take it out or let it just grow out?
    Take it out! Ifyou let it grow out the scarring will be worse.
    This way it will heal quicker and you can get it re-pierced sooner.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can't really see, but this is my new tattoo:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't really see, but this is my new tattoo:

Spoiler:
    Show

I really like it, beautiful writing
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by JayEm)
    JayEm is a meaniebottom and can't accept PMs
    I have better pics now

First bit

Next

Kind of distant middle bit

More

The end!

ReputationRep:
    My first and only tattoo
    http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...00/tattppp.jpg

Hi guys,

Just checking in as the way societies (social groups) work has changed since the update so we're going through all the socs checking they're ok.

You guys don't seem to have an active leader - does anyone want to volunteer to be either a leader or a deputy?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.