Turn on thread page Beta

Bod Mod Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Guys, im thinking of starting a gallery thread for the soc. What do you all think?
    Oooh that's a good idea!

ReputationRep:
    Is there an easy way to collect all the pics from this thread or am i going to have to go through 255 pages
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have a gallery on my profile of pics of my tattoo :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Had a clear gem skin diver put into the outside of my forearm this afternoon! Hurt like a mother, but looks gorgeous (well, as far as I can tell, it's taped up and bloody atm!)

Getting my tongue pierced after Christmas! Woot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Had a clear gem skin diver put into the outside of my forearm this afternoon! Hurt like a mother, but looks gorgeous (well, as far as I can tell, it's taped up and bloody atm!)

loved my skin divers...theyve gone now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz_fairy)
    loved my skin divers...theyve gone now
    Gone?

ReputationRep:
    Gone?
    yea, migrated out...but then they were between my boobs so the skin around them was constantly moving...god that sounds bad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz_fairy)
    yea, migrated out...but then they were between my boobs so the skin around them was constantly moving...god that sounds bad lol
    Ah yeah, cleavage work does tend to have a shorter shelf life than most other surface work. How long did you have them in for, out of interest?

ReputationRep:

Is that another word for microdermals?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so hardcore I'm getting earrings...

Anyone here know if I'm able to have a circular bell bar put in, instead of studs when they pierce it?

ReputationRep:
    Had the ring in my rook finally changed to a curved bar bell :coma: then the screw came out and I had a nightmare-ish night got it screwed back on and now I'm scared to touch it incase it unscrews again!!

ReputationRep:
    barbell*
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Is that another word for microdermals?
    They're similar to microdermals, but microdermals have a plate under your skin whereas skin divers are pointy - a bit like putting a cone attachment on a barbell and then inserting that into your skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I'm so hardcore I'm getting earrings...

Anyone here know if I'm able to have a circular bell bar put in, instead of studs when they pierce it?
    You should be able to, but be aware that you may have problems healing with rings. Lobes are generally easy healers so really it shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't mess with them, but if you were wanting to get cartilage pierced I'd definitely advise getting a barbell/labret stud instead. Like I said, it shouldn't be a massive problem in lobes though. My one needle-pierced lobe was done with a circular barbell and still healed way faster than my gunned ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    You should be able to, but be aware that you may have problems healing with rings. Lobes are generally easy healers so really it shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as you don't mess with them, but if you were wanting to get cartilage pierced I'd definitely advise getting a barbell/labret stud instead. Like I said, it shouldn't be a massive problem in lobes though. My one needle-pierced lobe was done with a circular barbell and still healed way faster than my gunned ones.
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and thanks for the thumbs down. Such a lovely, welcoming society!

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: I put in a join request. I have lobes, lip and tragus piercings. Think I might stop there but I might be oneday convinced otherwise... :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Oh and thanks for the thumbs down. Such a lovely, welcoming society!
    It wouldn't necessarily be someone from the soc that did it. Calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    They're similar to microdermals, but microdermals have a plate under your skin whereas skin divers are pointy - a bit like putting a cone attachment on a barbell and then inserting that into your skin.
    Ah okay, I'm getting another microdermal in my nape in the new year, and if it rejects again then **** it I give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Ah okay, I'm getting another microdermal in my nape in the new year, and if it rejects again then **** it I give up.
    Why don't you try a skin diver?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.