How long have you had it pierced for?
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
How long have you had it pierced for?
Coming up to a year now. It appears to be infected. Was slowly healing til I got back to London, then the back swole up rather badly. Been on flucoxacillin due to an infected toenail and it got better fast. No pain at all when moving. Now off the antibiotics and it's swelling again and getting sore to move. Just annoying.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hylean)
Coming up to a year now. It appears to be infected. Was slowly healing til I got back to London, then the back swole up rather badly. Been on flucoxacillin due to an infected toenail and it got better fast. No pain at all when moving. Now off the antibiotics and it's swelling again and getting sore to move. Just annoying.
What sort of jewellery do you have in it?
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What sort of jewellery do you have in it?
BCR, same that I was pierced with. Got it done in Eclipse in Camden. I meant to buy a bar on Tuesday, but forgot and am now nowhere near a shop now.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BCR, same that I was pierced with. Got it done in Eclipse in Camden. I meant to buy a bar on Tuesday, but forgot and am now nowhere near a shop now.
Ah yeah, I always struggle to wear BCRs in my tragus's and they're both 4-5 years old now.

So yeah, a labret stud will probably feel a lot more comfortable in there whenever you can get one. It'll take away some of the pressure too. Ebay's good for emergency jewellery needs (even if it's temporary).
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah yeah, I always struggle to wear BCRs in my tragus's and they're both 4-5 years old now.

So yeah, a labret stud will probably feel a lot more comfortable in there whenever you can get one. It'll take away some of the pressure too. Ebay's good for emergency jewellery needs (even if it's temporary).
Will it help with the infection? My doctor wants to take it out, funnily enough, but obviously I'd rather not.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Will it help with the infection? My doctor wants to take it out, funnily enough, but obviously I'd rather not.
Taking the jewellery out while there's infection means there's a chance you can trap the infection inside the piercing as the skin grows over. Therefore, it is never advisable to remove a piercing if infection is present.

If a piercing is 'grumbling' then a salt soak will always be the best thing; 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt into a mug of boiled water and then soak some cotton wool in it, and hold over the piercing for a couple of minutes - repeat twice a day.

Lastly, are you sure it's infected? what does it look like? is there liquid coming out of it? if so, what colour is it? does it smell at all?
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lastly, are you sure it's infected? what does it look like? is there liquid coming out of it? if so, what colour is it? does it smell at all?
I meant will changing the jewellery help?

As for the infection. I honestly don't know. There's no liquid coming out and it doesn't smell. It's sore, there is a small bump on the front. As I said, it swole up badly a few weeks back when I arrived in London and has since gone down. It's sore when I twist the BCR upwards, not through, and when I was on antibiotics, that pain went, as did the bump. :dontknow: Tried talking to my doctor, but he told me it was infected and I should remove it. Like I said, I know that's a bad idea, but he didn't really want to examine it, as he's against cartilege piercings. Intend on going back for my toe and will see someone else.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I meant will changing the jewellery help?

As for the infection. I honestly don't know. There's no liquid coming out and it doesn't smell. It's sore, there is a small bump on the front. As I said, it swole up badly a few weeks back when I arrived in London and has since gone down. It's sore when I twist the BCR upwards, not through, and when I was on antibiotics, that pain went, as did the bump. :dontknow: Tried talking to my doctor, but he told me it was infected and I should remove it. Like I said, I know that's a bad idea, but he didn't really want to examine it, as he's against cartilege piercings. Intend on going back for my toe and will see someone else.
I can say with a certain amount of confidence that it is not infected. If it was, it would be red, sore, and weeping a yellow/green fluid and would smell pretty bad.

You've got a granuloma (or friction lump) caused by the BCR. Change the BCR for a labret stud and do the salt soaks for a couple of weeks and you'll see a vast improvement.
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can say with a certain amount of confidence that it is not infected. If it was, it would be red, sore, and weeping a yellow/green fluid and would smell pretty bad.

You've got a granuloma (or friction lump) caused by the BCR. Change the BCR for a labret stud and do the salt soaks for a couple of weeks and you'll see a vast improvement.
I do love you, you know that. :love:
stargirl2012
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speaking of piercing in Camden, do you recommend Eclipse? I usually go to Chrome as I really like one of the piercers there but I'm going for a microdermal and I'm not sure if I should look at other places for price/skill reasons. I honestly think it's a bit weird they pierced with a BCR, I've always heard barbells are better and all my cartilages have gone from barbell to BCR without a hitch but I've had friends who, pierced with BCRs, struggled for ages.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
2 days ago, I got my nose pierced with a gun. I didn't know that you were meant to have it done with a needle and now I've read all the horror stories I'm really worried. It doesn't hurt and looks normal so far. But I was wondering should I take it out and let it heal or just continue to clean it and leave it?
Please help!
golddust&lipgloss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i got my ear scaffold yesterdayyyy! so painful, but absolutely worth it xoxoxoxo
Helmi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol just leave it be. Remember to keep it clean tho
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Better to leave it in and let it heal. Provided they use a piercing-gun and not a Glock, you should be fine.
xlizx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is better to it done with a needle as guns cannot be cleaned properly so it means that there is a higher risk of infection, the other problem with a gun is that it can shatter the cartilage. Having said that I got mine pierced with a gun before I knew all of the risks and it was fine, if anthing awful had happen you would have noticed by now so I suggest you leave it but just remeber not to get pierced with a gun in future.
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Needles are better, but just clean it regularly now, there's not much else you can do.
Just don't take the piercing out 'til it's ready otherwise you could have a nasty infection - worse than the horror stories you have heard
miss_sporty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i have heard that you are less likely to be scared with a needle
LadyRowena
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As long as you keep it clean I doubt it will cause any problems. Needles are better because they leave less scar tissue but there's nothing you can do about that now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.79%
No (499)
72.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise