Bit swollen and sore at the mo!
spiral87
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TitchTheAntiHero)
I like it!
btw, tad random but I really think you'd suit a nose piercing on the opposite side to your lip :P
Wow, I think you may be right! I tried it with that fake ring I bought from eBay and I really liked it! No pictures I'm afraid, I dropped the ring down the sink. :mad: My grandparents have also disowned me, so maybe some time next year, I'll give it a go. I'm still on a high after getting this labret done.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spiral87)
Wow, I think you may be right! I tried it with that fake ring I bought from eBay and I really liked it! No pictures I'm afraid, I dropped the ring down the sink. :mad: My grandparents have also disowned me, so maybe some time next year, I'll give it a go. I'm still on a high after getting this labret done.
Trust me, once you start piercing you can't stop. I've found it tricky enough having 4 months without it so I can donate blood when I'm home for the hols...
TitchTheAntiHero
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
jesus, I'm glad my family are open minded :')
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What uttlerly ridiculous people your grandparents are. So staying home at your age to dig your mother out of debt isnt worth remembering :rolleyes: stuff them!
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Antifazian)
These are my new ones

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...2devon/050.jpg

Bit swollen and sore at the mo!
Love them! Symmetry :coma:
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
Love them! Symmetry :coma:
I always get piercings in twos now, do like having everything symmetrical :ahee:
spiral87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't begin to tell you the impact it's had on me mentally. I literally thought I was going into the place to be unpleasantly impaled on a large needle and then I'd come out either looking slightly cooler or utterly ridiculous and that'd be it.

Even to the point where I was filling out my name and DOB on the form, I was thinking "I really do not want this", but then sitting outside the room, I started to become nervously excited and by the time it was over, I strangely wished it hadn't been over with so quickly

I've been in a dark, bottomless pit of despair for about 6 months now and this wasn't anything to do with self-harming, attention seeking or anything deeply psychological, I just bought the fake ring off eBay and thought "Yeah, that looks kind of cool", never intended to take it any further, but positive comments from internet people and my philosophy of "What the hell, you only live once" made me go with it. And I've basically not stopped smiling or laughing since. This little piece of metal has totally changed my state of mind and that certainly wasn't intended or expected.

So yeah, I didn't mean to be so deep about it, but I just wanted to convey my feelings And purely for the experience alone, I can't wait to get more
spiral87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*Possibly best you delete this one then*
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My cartilage (helix) keeps bleeding and scabbing up, is it best to allow it to scab over or keep cleaning it so I don't grow a lump of skin on my ear? I wanted to get the bar changed for a ring over Christmas but it's really sore so don't know if it'll be possible to take it out.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
My cartilage (helix) keeps bleeding and scabbing up, is it best to allow it to scab over or keep cleaning it so I don't grow a lump of skin on my ear? I wanted to get the bar changed for a ring over Christmas but it's really sore so don't know if it'll be possible to take it out.
Bars are better for healing, so you don't want to switch anyway.

You want to be doing sea salt soaks. The water does the cleaning without you needing to poke at it, rub it, or pick the scab. So if the scab comes off from not touching then it clearly wanted to come off and it's happier like that. If it doesn't want to come off don't force it.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Bars are better for healing, so you don't want to switch anyway.

You want to be doing sea salt soaks. The water does the cleaning without you needing to poke at it, rub it, or pick the scab. So if the scab comes off from not touching then it clearly wanted to come off and it's happier like that. If it doesn't want to come off don't force it.
It comes off when I push the bar forward to clean it. I've had it pierced since the beginning of August so it should have healed relatively well so far surely? It's only recently started bleeding/scabbing.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It comes off when I push the bar forward to clean it. I've had it pierced since the beginning of August so it should have healed relatively well so far surely? It's only recently started bleeding/scabbing.
Cartilage can take up to a year to heal, so August is still relatively recent. It's definitely too early to be thinking of changing the jewellery, even if you weren't having problems.

And stop pushing the bar forwards. It's not really necessary, and the constant movement will just be aggravating it.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had my cartilage for a year and 4 days now, only in the past few months has it really started to properly be healed. Even now it sometimes scabs and bleeds if I've slept funny/got it knocked at a gig.
TitchTheAntiHero
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my friend reckons her belly button piercing was healed after 2 weeks, and she got her helix done in blue banana and they told her it'd be healed in 2 months.
-facepalm-
Yellow-nutshell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is there a way of finding out the thickness of jewelry? I feel a bit ridiculous asking seeing as I've had my piercings for so long, but went to buy some new stuff and realised I didn't know what I needed!
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yellow-nutshell)
Is there a way of finding out the thickness of jewelry? I feel a bit ridiculous asking seeing as I've had my piercings for so long, but went to buy some new stuff and realised I didn't know what I needed!
With a ruler?

What piercings are they? Do you have any jewellery that you know the gauge of to compare?
username571046
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can anyone send me a link to some places that sell some nice helix earrings. I have searched myself, I'm not just being lazy, honest :L I have got a rose one, but it was quite expensive. And when I searched on amazon, I they didn't have a huge selection, nor did I like many of them. I might just be being picky, but if anyone can send me their favourite sites, that would be very much appreciated
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by icnthelpit)
Can anyone send me a link to some places that sell some nice helix earrings. I have searched myself, I'm not just being lazy, honest :L I have got a rose one, but it was quite expensive. And when I searched on amazon, I they didn't have a huge selection, nor did I like many of them. I might just be being picky, but if anyone can send me their favourite sites, that would be very much appreciated
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/ ?
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I want another piercing but I want it on my ears.. however I have loads of ear piercings already rook + 2 lobes on one and industrial/tragus and lobes on the other. It'll look crazy if I get another ear piercing, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads