Bod Mod Society Watch

Flo[ProActiv]
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How long is it recommended to wait before putting silicone in a stretch?

I've just stretched up to 8mm, and would ideally like to wear an earskin for Download in two weeks time, is that long enough? (got glass in it currently)
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
How long is it recommended to wait before putting silicone in a stretch?

I've just stretched up to 8mm, and would ideally like to wear an earskin for Download in two weeks time, is that long enough? (got glass in it currently)
I would say that it might be ok but might not, so the only way is to try it and see.

But beware that silicone makes your ears dry. You'll need to take some oil (whichever you decide to use) with you which might become messy and too much hassle at a festival. If you continue to wear your glass you might get away with just cleaning and not oiling so it would be less fuss.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I usually waited around 1-2 weeks I think. Totally second what Juno said though, I wore earskins at one festival I'd been to and my ears were so sore. Mind you, they were sore the time I wore glass too...I think tbh I just forgot how much they actually got cleaned in the shower, and with no shower from Wednesday to Monday I guess I just neglected them haha. I think I'd take a little bottle of saline and some cotton pads if I went to a festival again just to make sure they were kept clean. It was like all the dust at Reading got caught between the earskin and my ear >.<
Zara_R
Badges: 0
Report 6 years ago
Hello - need some advice please!
Got my cartilage pierced about 10 days ago but I've just got a summer job that is really strict on presentation so my question is, is there any way to hide it? I looked online and saw these plastic bioflex bar things - would that work?
I know I probably shouldn't change the earring so soon but am willing to do so if it means I don't have to take it out and leave it to close up!
obviously a job is more important than a piercing so if there is no other way, I'll take it out, but hopefully this is a last resort
Any advice would be much appreciated
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zara_R)
Got my cartilage pierced about 10 days ago but I've just got a summer job that is really strict on presentation so my question is, is there any way to hide it? I looked online and saw these plastic bioflex bar things - would that work?
I know I probably shouldn't change the earring so soon but am willing to do so if it means I don't have to take it out and leave it to close up!
obviously a job is more important than a piercing so if there is no other way, I'll take it out, but hopefully this is a last resort
Surely you can hide it with some loose hair? Really wouldn't recommend changing piercings so soon, especially where you have yours as they are usually a pain to heal in the first place with knocking etc. Is there a dress code you can consult?
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It will hide it to an extent, I'd ask a piercer to change it for you though rather than doing it yourself.
Zara_R
Report 6 years ago
Can't use my hair as hair must be tied back - may have a wander round camden tomorrow to see if anyone will change it for me. thanks for the advice!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't use my hair as hair must be tied back - may have a wander round camden tomorrow to see if anyone will change it for me. thanks for the advice!
You can tie your hair back so it covers the top of your ears still :yep:
F Ellen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
I usually waited around 1-2 weeks I think. Totally second what Juno said though, I wore earskins at one festival I'd been to and my ears were so sore. Mind you, they were sore the time I wore glass too...I think tbh I just forgot how much they actually got cleaned in the shower, and with no shower from Wednesday to Monday I guess I just neglected them haha. I think I'd take a little bottle of saline and some cotton pads if I went to a festival again just to make sure they were kept clean. It was like all the dust at Reading got caught between the earskin and my ear >.<
Baby wipes are good for quick spot cleans of gunky ears!
Nynyflower
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wear an earskin all the time and my ear is fine, even when I only washed my hair once every couple of weeks when I had dreads.
fatpat
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello!

I'm considering getting a nape microdermal piercing, can anyone recommend a place in London to get it done and what the cost would be?
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
New piercings :gah:

Spoiler:
Show

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  499.0 KB Name:  002.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  503.9 KB
KlaireDelilah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Soo um, I was wondering how badly getting your septum pierced hurts?

I'm not so worried about the pain OF the piercing, you know? More like the pain afterwards.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KlaireDelilah)
Soo um, I was wondering how badly getting your septum pierced hurts?

I'm not so worried about the pain OF the piercing, you know? More like the pain afterwards.
For about a week it stings pretty badly as you will get boogers and crusties forming on the bar and then will pull through your nose by accident. After that though I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps
KlaireDelilah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
For about a week it stings pretty badly as you will get boogers and crusties forming on the bar and then will pull through your nose by accident. After that though I haven't had a problem. Hope that helps
I've had my nose pierced both sides, more than once. Would you say it's similar to that?
I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to pain, but I do like getting pierced haha.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had my nose pierced both sides, more than once. Would you say it's similar to that?
I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to pain, but I do like getting pierced haha.
Depends on how you had the nostril pierced. The worst piercings for pain I ever had were my nose and the septum is a walk in the park after that. Seriously the actual piercing is fine, it's the stinging afterwards that gets you. Samr sensation of getting something in a papercut.
KlaireDelilah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on how you had the nostril pierced. The worst piercings for pain I ever had were my nose and the septum is a walk in the park after that. Seriously the actual piercing is fine, it's the stinging afterwards that gets you. Samr sensation of getting something in a papercut.
I had my nose done with a gun.

Thank you! I'll have a think about it - my friends are trying to convince me not to get it done, but I think i'd really like it.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had my nose done with a gun.

Thank you! I'll have a think about it - my friends are trying to convince me not to get it done, but I think i'd really like it.
Please don't ever do that again.
KlaireDelilah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Please don't ever do that again.
I wouldn't!

I was quite young each time I got it done, and didn't really know anything about piercings. I also got my cartilage pierced with a gun about 7 years ago, and it never healed properly. I still have the hole there, but I can't wear anything in it, because it starts to kill after an hour or so.
Fully regret the guns
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't!

I was quite young each time I got it done, and didn't really know anything about piercings. I also got my cartilage pierced with a gun about 7 years ago, and it never healed properly. I still have the hole there, but I can't wear anything in it, because it starts to kill after an hour or so.
Fully regret the guns
Good girl!

Thing with septums is that they are super easy to hide so are by far one of the best piercings to go for if you like the aesthetics but need to hide it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed