Turn on thread page Beta

Bod Mod Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How are you supposed to know whether or not a septum piercing would suit you. Or a bridge piercing. Or a nose piercing on both sides. Safe to say I want something on my nose... :pierre:

Also, looking for any ideas for a second half sleeve - looking at either getting "Moved as mountains, dreamt of by the sea" or "I won't regret it, I won't forget it" (which?? really can't decide, would be happy as larry with either) in scroll writing somewhere in the sleeve (lyrics from my absolute favourite band ever that completely shaped me as a person) but clueless as to what design to get with it. Wanna keep it neo-traditional like, as I have a gypsy lady with some roses and a scroll quote on my other upper arm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandwine)
    How are you supposed to know whether or not a septum piercing would suit you. Or a bridge piercing. Or a nose piercing on both sides. Safe to say I want something on my nose... :pierre:

Also, looking for any ideas for a second half sleeve - looking at either getting "Moved as mountains, dreamt of by the sea" or "I won't regret it, I won't forget it" (which?? really can't decide, would be happy as larry with either) in scroll writing somewhere in the sleeve (lyrics from my absolute favourite band ever that completely shaped me as a person) but clueless as to what design to get with it. Wanna keep it neo-traditional like, as I have a gypsy lady with some roses and a scroll quote on my other upper arm.
    Buy a fake ring and try it out, ive my septum done and i think it looks great (my friends disagree) and have had my nose done about 4 times (always end up having to take them out for some reason). Im not a fan of bridge piercings myself but i guess you just have to take the plunge and go for it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ironandwine)

If you already have piercings then you can use a BCR without the ball - you might need to open it up slightly with pliers though.

Or if you're good at photoshop you could try editing a picture of yourself or ask a friend/someone on a TSR/someone on a body jewellery forum to do it for you.

ReputationRep:
    My rook jewellery fell out, and I'm working away from home and didn't bring a spare, I keep going to play with it and feeling so naked. Hopefully it'll be ok until I get home on Monday, I've had it pierced for about 3 years.
    Also took my bellybutton out because it has been irritated since the day I got it and it was developing some huge hypertrophic scarring. It's been out literally two days and the big bump is almost gone.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Had such issues, took all my piercings out for CT scan today, couldn't get nose piercing back in (even though it was only an hour later), had to get to piercing/tattoo place and get them to replace it, SO much pain!

ReputationRep:
    Really struggling to find a septum ring that isnt too big or too small

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get my conch pierced but I can't due to work I might just go and get another tattoo instead

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Got my conch done :woo:

Didn't even hurt that bad...feels like crap now though ha!
    pic?

How does one cover up a daith piercing? And my hair need to be tied back so don't say with your hair. It's only been 3 weeks so still healing so I shouldn't take it out but if it comes to it, I will. Not entirely sure how though. Also does anyone else get loads of earwax building up on their ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    pic?
    Name:  21c6z4k.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  38.0 KB

Sorry about the poor quality (and my elf ear ) haha!

ReputationRep:
    I got my first tattoo, a Joker-style pinup girl on my left thigh, it's so so good, I recommend everyone look up Paul Naylor he's insanely talented

ReputationRep:
    Piiiiiiiics

ReputationRep:
    This has to be the coolest scar ever.
    Spoiler:
    Show

It matches my sig and everything... :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    pic?

How does one cover up a daith piercing? And my hair need to be tied back so don't say with your hair. It's only been 3 weeks so still healing so I shouldn't take it out but if it comes to it, I will. Not entirely sure how though. Also does anyone else get loads of earwax building up on their ring?
    Depending on the length of your hair, you could fasten it up in a low loose ponytail and it could still cover your ears
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)
    Depending on the length of your hair, you could fasten it up in a low loose ponytail and it could still cover your ears
    But then I look silly. Anyhow I'm going to the piercing shop tmrw to get them to change it into a barbell which I'll be able to unscrew myself and put back in as I managed to get the ball out but not the ring today And then I'll have to go back to have the ring back in but I want a rook put in on the other side anyhow

ReputationRep:
    But then I look silly. Anyhow I'm going to the piercing shop tmrw to get them to change it into a barbell which I'll be able to unscrew myself and put back in as I managed to get the ball out but not the ring today And then I'll have to go back to have the ring back in but I want a rook put in on the other side anyhow
    If it's that new I wouldn't be messing around with it at all! Why do you need to cover it up? Also you shouldn't have had it pierced with a ring in the first place (it will heal round) so putting a barbell in is going to be harder.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Trigger)
    If it's that new I wouldn't be messing around with it at all! Why do you need to cover it up? Also you shouldn't have had it pierced with a ring in the first place (it will heal round) so putting a barbell in is going to be harder.
    I know, I know *hangs head in shame* I didn't think I would have to take it out for 6 months when I got it. Because I have to 'look professional' for an exam which apparently means only one set of earlobe piercings and if someone notices it, I could fail it. Normally I'd take the risk of it being noticed/ being told off but this is my 2nd go and I'm not failing because of that. Oops, my bad, I meant bananabell which are curved although am wondering if I could get away with putting a clear retainer in.

ReputationRep:
    Just caught my nipple piercing on the bathroom door.

ASDKJHAKSJFDHASKJDHALKJHSDLKAJHS DAS *curls into a ball*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
    Just caught my nipple piercing on the bathroom door.

ASDKJHAKSJFDHASKJDHALKJHSDLKAJHS DAS *curls into a ball*
    :eek: How did you catch it on the door?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    :eek: How did you catch it on the door?!
    By having rubbish depth perception and being generally clumsy >_<

The door was half open, so I tried to sort of walk round the door without opening it further, but got far too close.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I know *hangs head in shame* I didn't think I would have to take it out for 6 months when I got it. Because I have to 'look professional' for an exam which apparently means only one set of earlobe piercings and if someone notices it, I could fail it. Normally I'd take the risk of it being noticed/ being told off but this is my 2nd go and I'm not failing because of that. Oops, my bad, I meant bananabell which are curved although am wondering if I could get away with putting a clear retainer in.
    Ah! Sorry I had my bossy boots head on well the only thing i can suggest is going back to your piercer like you said though they shouldn't be piercing with rings :nn: otherwise the hair over your ears look is dorky but if it is for the sake of passing an exam you should consider it

Good luck!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.