Bod Mod Society Watch

Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wouldnt go back there, they shouldnt tattoo or pierce anyone who is intoxicated
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by interlude88)
I might be wrong in thinking this so I thought I'd ask in here! Would a decent tattooist tattoo someone who's so high that they can't talk properly or walk in a straight line? Isn't it something to do with blood thinnning? It's just that when I was last at my tattooist with a friend they tattooed a girl in the condition and this put me off going back there for my next tattoo.
Definitely not. I wouldn't go back there =/ Not sure about the exact effects of being high whilst getting a tattoo (I know that alcohol thins the blood), but no decent artist would tattoo anyone under the influence of anything. You're even meant to tell them before taking painkillers or using any numbing agent.
interlude88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks, you've both cleared that up for me! If I'd seen that before getting my tattoo done there I wouldn't have let them near me! I don't suppose anyone can recommend a good tattooist in the Newcastle area?
starless_dark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Grr, my second conch is being more problematic than my first - had that done last May and it had healed by September, but this one I had done around May this year and it's bumpy, as is my daith on the other ear. Anti-tragus bump seems to have gone down.

Oh, and I found this ages ago for measuring jewellery accurately - http://www.tonguestud.com/gauge.html. Love it.
kordking
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by starless_dark)
Oh, and I found this ages ago for measuring jewellery accurately - http://www.tonguestud.com/gauge.html. Love it.
:eek: That is pure genius, I love it
Pamplemousse22
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
10mm is pretty long! I think the barbell I was pierced with was 6mm, haha. And mine never swelled too badly, even though I do tend to swell. Ibuprofen is really helpful though. I pierced my boyfriends tragus and was worried the stud would be too short but it's barely swelled at all, he just has some ibuprofen every day haha.

Hope it heals well
Piercer lady said that my ear is just freaky. That usually it swells up as far as the bar but not over the stud, but mine had kinda left a gap where the bar is, but swallowed the stud. Very odd. Anyway, she just kinda popped the ball back through the skin, which wasn't as painful as it sounds haha
girl89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got another tattoo yesterday! will post pics in the morning
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any good piercers/tattooists in or near Croydon? The only place I can think of gonig to down South is Camden
girl89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got it done at my other homeplace of Marmaris, Turkey on Monday, just before I left to go to my other home

Was a good place - clean, had the right equipment, and experienced staff!
Attached files
starless_dark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kordking)
:eek: That is pure genius, I love it
You should so give me rep haha :p:.

Hmm, I'm seriously considering tattoos right now. For about a year I've liked the idea of a rose on each 'hip' but I'm unsure of the design I want. I really don't like Old-school or New Skool. I was considering just a rose on each hip but they might end up being roses from AFI artwork.

Right, I've uploaded pics of two people's tatts I found in a pic folder I made ages ago which illustrate what I mean. I'm not so sure about the first one now. If I was having the second I'd have it shaded and leaves added to, not just an outline. Note I would not be copying their tattoos as they are from album artwork as is.

I'm also considering getting the ameth sigil on my back. It's an old witchcraft symbol used to protect against outside influences (good or bad) so it can be used in dark or light magic. Very intricate and beautiful, but that's also a non-certain as I'm not a witch and people might think I shouldn't have it. Mind you, people have ankhs and other religious symbols tattooed on themselves without any thought to the meaning, so I guess I'm not so bad. I think too much haha.
Attached files
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For about a year I've liked the idea of a rose on each 'hip' but I'm unsure of the design I want.
The second rose picture is absolutely beautiful. It's such a shame it's on their foot though - what possessed them??
misia
Report 11 years ago
I got my first nipple piercing today! I honestly thought it was gonna hurt a lot lot more. I almost chickened out, but I found enough courage to do it, and now I'm very proud of my little secret. I also took out my 6 month old dermal anchoring, and I feel weird without it. Ah well.
raveinelle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think there might already be a thread like this,
but I'm contemplating getting a tattoo pretty soon,
an intertwined S and B for me and my best friend; a friendship tattoo,
and also surface piercings on my hipbones, which I've been mulling over for about a year.

They wouldn't be the last, so I was wondering what tattoos and piercings you guys have got?
But, like, photos, to get a better idea of the look and position, y'know?

thanks!
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's a Body Mod Society thread somewhere ;D Haha.

I have no tattoos but I have 13 piercings at the moment. Both nostrils, 1/2" lobes, standard & inverse navel and plenty of various ear ones. Nothing too inventive so I'm sure you can imagine what they look like :P

Hip surface piercings are probably one of the surface piercings more likely to reject due to all the constant movement and irritation from clothing. They can look quite good though.
thatsjustit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have my ears pierced once but that is it, I highly doubt I'll get a tattoo and I am definitely not getting anything else pierced. I think facial piercings other than earlobes look hideous, but that is just my opinion.
interlude88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've had a labret piercing and an eyebrow piercing, but had to remove them for work. I've also had my lobes pierced twice, which I also had to remove. I've got a small tattoo on my inner wrist and plan at least three more.
interlude88
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should so give me rep haha :p:.

Hmm, I'm seriously considering tattoos right now. For about a year I've liked the idea of a rose on each 'hip' but I'm unsure of the design I want. I really don't like Old-school or New Skool. I was considering just a rose on each hip but they might end up being roses from AFI artwork.

Right, I've uploaded pics of two people's tatts I found in a pic folder I made ages ago which illustrate what I mean. I'm not so sure about the first one now. If I was having the second I'd have it shaded and leaves added to, not just an outline. Note I would not be copying their tattoos as they are from album artwork as is.

I'm also considering getting the ameth sigil on my back. It's an old witchcraft symbol used to protect against outside influences (good or bad) so it can be used in dark or light magic. Very intricate and beautiful, but that's also a non-certain as I'm not a witch and people might think I shouldn't have it. Mind you, people have ankhs and other religious symbols tattooed on themselves without any thought to the meaning, so I guess I'm not so bad. I think too much haha.
I tihnk the second one's really nice, but I'm not sure if it would look right on your hips? The witchcraft symbol sound like a really good idea for a tattoo, if you like the meaning then go for it! Look how many people have crucifix tattoos and aren't Christian!
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i dont have a huge list of Bod Mods although its something i love...

Piercings - both lobes stretched to 0ga, both second lobes, third lobe and conch in the left ear, helix in the right. i used to have a vertical transverse lobe in my right ear which was amazing, but it started pussing out from the centre so i had to take it out.. i also used to have a scaffold in the left.

I have a tattoo between my shoulder blades.. its a design mad up of a straight line and circles, adapted from a scribble my bf drew, i love it. im also going to get a hazel leaf on my left wrist... i love plants, and Hazel is my mums name.
bisous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I only have my ears done once I have toyed with the ideas of bellybutton and nose piercings though but I end up thinking they're just not me.

I don't like tattoos at all, any, on anyone, full stop, sorry.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've had 13 piercings so far. Including 2 vertical surface tragus piercings, nose and navel amongst lobe stretches and various helix piercings...

No tats as of yet, but have been planning one for years....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (7)
17.5%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (18)
45%
Nope, not that interesting (15)
37.5%

Watched Threads