Really?

0g is 8mm.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well they look smaller.12mm looks like you're still wearing a normal earring. at 8mm it's like yup, there's definitely a difference there? or am i just really bad at visual size comparisons? :s:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you're reading it wrong, or I am. I'm seeing twelve mm, as in over a centimetre. I think you're seeing one point two.

There isn't much difference between one point two and normal.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ooooo blonde moment! my bad!
well lucky you guys then for not being disturbed by your bosses about it!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wear plugs, and they don't actually look too much different to normal earrings. They're obviously not small studs, but you can get larger disc like earrings. I had someone ask me where I got them from once, and she was surprised when they weren't the normal size.

I have worn tunnels before, but I live in OAPville, and get comments like "you'd be so pretty if you didn't do that to yourself".

I haven't had any comments on my frowny either, and that is visible when I'm talking. I did take it out for my interview though, but I can't get a suitable retainer and I don't wanna take it out so often so it stays now.
butterfly kisses
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
no just generally i've applied for few jobs and hopefully fingers crossed for some interviews but just as a general rule i was wondering if you were expected to take them out because was reading some interview help thing and it said for all interviews take out any piercings not intended for lobe but i wouldn't bother with that but was thinking maybe nose stud they might but its not distracting, sometimes don't even notice it so yeah wait for what the interviewers say i guess.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
go for something small and subtle. Id try my best to hide piercings for an interview, and i wouldnt have my tattoo on display.

yeah 12mm is like 000g :p: im actually tempted to go to 18mm.. just for these:

butterfly kisses
Report 11 years ago
mines a small stud and for an interview don't really want to take it out cos i know i want be able to get back in cos it wil heal up but if deffo got the job and they said too i would i suppose lol.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
go for something small and subtle. Id try my best to hide piercings for an interview, and i wouldnt have my tattoo on display.

yeah 12mm is like 000g :p: im actually tempted to go to 18mm.. just for these:

ooo nicey
i'm so excited about my new job. it's fun/nice and pays well which equals another bodmod for me! as soon as my anti-tragus decides to settle down. someone practically punched me in the ear,and it hasn't been the same since
Floozie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Er guys I don't know if any one can help.

I had my VCH done the other week, I want to change the top ball but I can't for the life of me unscrew it! Because of the fact that its quite a deep set piercing its difficult to grab the bottom ball, if you get my jist!

Anyone got any suggestions!?
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i find that holding a tissue between the ball and your fingers helps the grip..

otherwise you'll need to either go back to the piercers, or get your hands on some small rubber-gripped tweezers to hold the bottom ball in place.
Floozie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for that I used a combo of tissue and tweezer! Only to find that the ball I got is too big!
weeniebellini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey guys i'm considering getting my nape pierced, anyone here got any experience of this? Can't decide between one surface bar or two microdermals. I've got one surface piercing already (sideburn) which has been fairly well behaved and still hasn't migrated after a year, but the whole concept of microdermals seems pretty cool, my only issue is the permanent nature of them (unless they got ripped out! and the removal doesn't sound too pretty either!)
Any advice?
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Surface bars tend to be pretty stable in napes, so for a nape I'd personally go for that because it'd be cheaper, haha. If you're concerned about removal, a surface piercing would definitely be easier to remove, although microdermals aren't as difficult to remove as some people think.
Pamplemousse22
Report 11 years ago
Hey there,
I recently changed my lip piercing from a labret to a bcr for the first time after about 5 weeks of having it done - might seem a little soon but it was healing/headled well and I went and asked my piercer first. The back part of the labret stud thing had left a circle shaped indent on the inside on my lip and now that there's a bcr in it, there appears to be what looks like an ulcer forming around the hole, where the back part was previously placed. Should I be worried about this? And is there anything I can do to help it / get rid of it?
Thanks xx
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by weeniebellini)
Hey guys i'm considering getting my nape pierced, anyone here got any experience of this? Can't decide between one surface bar or two microdermals. I've got one surface piercing already (sideburn) which has been fairly well behaved and still hasn't migrated after a year, but the whole concept of microdermals seems pretty cool, my only issue is the permanent nature of them (unless they got ripped out! and the removal doesn't sound too pretty either!)
Any advice?
I got mine done in March and had a bar, its behaved itself and has only grown out a little. I love it.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how much are microdermals.. just out of interest?

ive found out i have about £400 left of my overdraft, so i might treat myself to some stretching.. 16mm or 18mm? :p:
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Microdermals here are £35, discounts if you get a few done at once. Back in Brum I think they're more expensive - £40/£45. Depends if things are generally cheap or expensive where you are.
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ive had my monroe/madonna for about 2years now and have had no problem with it! but its started to gt really red and a tiny bit swollen aroun the hole....should i take it out? (problem with taking it out..ive tried using plyers in my mouth and out to twist it off but it wasnt moving at all but that was aaaages ago )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.44%
No (217)
73.56%

Watched Threads