Bod Mod Society Watch

jointhedots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Getting my VCH redone next week...Oh, the fear.

Will it hurt more second time round?
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by weeniebellini)
(unless they got ripped out! and the removal doesn't sound too pretty either!)
Posted a few pages back that I've had two accidentally ripped out now. It's not as painful as you'd think...They've healed nicely too.

If you get them get the ones with the holes in the back. They're held in a lot better. I imagine they'd be harder to remove, but the solid ones are just so easy to rip.

(sorry - double post)
Floozie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by misslibby)
Getting my VCH redone next week...Oh, the fear.

Will it hurt more second time round?

Ouch, I wouldn't have mine done a second time around.
Pamplemousse22
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pamplemousse22)
Hey there,
I recently changed my lip piercing from a labret to a bcr for the first time after about 5 weeks of having it done - might seem a little soon but it was healing/headled well and I went and asked my piercer first. The back part of the labret stud thing had left a circle shaped indent on the inside on my lip and now that there's a bcr in it, there appears to be what looks like an ulcer forming around the hole, where the back part was previously placed. Should I be worried about this? And is there anything I can do to help it / get rid of it?
Thanks xx
Any advice? xx
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
put a labret stud back in. they look better anyway
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That sounds like the labret stud might've been too short and digging in. It might be worth a trip back to your piercer
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
not nescessarily.. mine arent short at all yet they both have left a circular indent inside my lip. not sore or anything.. i thought they just did that!
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
obligatory modifications list:

piercings:
1.5 inch lobes, 4g conchs, 0g flats, 1/2 inch septum, 14g labret, 10g bridge, 12g diagonal nipples, 12g navel, 2 12g high outer labias, 12g horizontal hood, 12g christina (these are just what i have left...i've probably had about 30 more over time that i've taken out, removed and had redone, etc. including: vertical medusa, wrist surface piercings, chest surface piercings, back surface piercings, wrist microdermal, 6g low labrets, traagus, 2x snugs, horizontal nipples, cheeks...)

scarification:
three lines on either side of the ribcage. as well as a cutting by Lukas Zpira on my lower left back

tongue split: twice...

elf sculpting: elf ears

transdermal implants: three 8g transdermal implants on my chest/sternum area

tattoos: probably about 30-40 hours worth. (fully covered feet, some darling little cherries on the inside of my hipbones, a "Daddy" tattoo and a Sturgis tattoo from Sturgis '04 with my daddy on my upper left arm. i have "Bling Bling" right above the booty - b/c everyone needs at least one ghetto fabulous tattoo. I also have a cliche (but not) nautical star (of david) on my left arm. on my right is a sleeve in progress based on drawings by sam brown at explodingdog

i feels like there is more but i guess this is it.
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Pamplemousse22)
Any advice? xx
you should have waited longer. it takes months for a fistula to fully heal. and at the very least you should wait at least 8-10 weeks before changing jewelry. though if it was indented after so long when the initial swelling had gone down your jewelry was probably far to short to start with. are you sure about the reputation of the artist who did work on you? not to question your judgement but the labret is such a common piercings, an artist should know what size jewelry to use.

but maybe that's not the case. maybe you are getting some hypotropic scarring? while the lip is a relatively fast healing area, if you irritated it and/or tore the new fistula when you changed the jewelry then this could be the issue. its hard to say without a visual of the problem. i'd suggest that you go into your piercer and have him/her take a look.

also, as much as you might not like hearing this, it may be that you should take it out, let it heal fully (more then just a few weeks) and then have it redone.

remember, just becuase something looks / feels healed doesn't mean it is.

however, if you want to try to treat the problem i highly suggest sea salt soaks only. don't put any nasty chemical **** on it like bactine, peroxide, etc... just put 1/4 teaspoon of non iodized sea salt in 1 cup of as warm as you can stand water. (too much salt = dries out piercing and causes problems, too little isn't as effective) then soak the area for 10-15 minutes about twice a day. see if that helps. whenever i have had any issues i have found nothing to be as helpful as the sea salt soak.

if that doesn't help clear it up then go see the artist for sure to have them check on it.
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jovana)
i feels like there is more but i guess this is it.
I think we have a new winner...

Do you have any photos of your ears...? I'm intrigued.
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by misslibby)
I think we have a new winner...

Do you have any photos of your ears...? I'm intrigued.
sure...i mean, i don't have any really good pictures except the initial photos i took during the healing process...but here....

the ear "before" (when i was having my lobed scalpeled a wee bit)

ear shaping in progress:

this was taken about 10 days after it was done as i was taking out the last of the sutures:

sorry...that's the best i can do...
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's awesome, my ears are that shape naturally used to hate them, but I think I've come to accept/like that I seem to be part elf...
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All that blood :eek:

I'm definitely decided on my next tattoo when I'm able to get it. I'm having to have three stars up my right wrist. They'll be in black, but the inside outline will be a different colour for each; probably red, blue and I'm not sure on the third colour. I think I'll get them so the stars are progressively bigger, with the smallest nearest the hand.

Can't wait! Shame I have to wait ages for it. Probably get it in August/September time. I'll also get the Hebrew one I have filled in a bit, cos it looks a little bit patchy.

I'm also going to get my second lobe pierced within the next couple of months (again!).
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And are you going to do it properly this time, or do you need smacking?
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
And are you going to do it properly this time, or do you need smacking?
:hmmm: I blame the piercer.

Of course I'm going to do it properly! I'm not that stupid again
Actually, it's almost a year since I had it done first time round...
Pamplemousse22
Report 11 years ago
Thanks for the advice on my lip piercing...

The reason I changed it is cos
a. the labret stud was digging in at the back and it was hurting me, causing a big indent / ulcer thing in my mouth
b. I went back to my piercer about this and he said that it would heal better if I changed it to a BCR

I did check out the reputation before I went (Physical Poetry in Hyde Park, Leeds) and supposed to be v.good. He put a 1.2mm labret in it which I thought, by research, was long enough for a first time lip piercing.

I realise that 5 weeks was a little early to change it but I only did so on the advice of my piercer. I'm unable to go back now because I got it done in uni and I've just come home.

Thanks for the advice with the sea salt soak, I wasn't sure whether you could do that on the inside of your lip or not, but I'll give it a shot. Btw, it's looking better already,without me having done anything to it.

xx
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sea salt soak...just do it in a cup or in a big bowl and stick your lip in it. you might get a bit of salt water in your mouth...but its just salt water.

and yah, the bar sounds too short. being american i don't know mm so well...but with first time piercings you need your jewelry extra long to accomodate for swelling. but it happens...the cbb may be comfortable. i don't reccomend them for initial piercings because of the curve and the pressure it create on a fistula (hard to explain) but i'm sure its just fine. keep it in, try the soaks, if theer are problems, see the artist when you get back. or if you get nervous about it, just go see a piercer wherever you are now.
Subbacultcha
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jovana)
sea salt soak...just do it in a cup or in a big bowl and stick your lip in it. you might get a bit of salt water in your mouth...but its just salt water.

and yah, the bar sounds too short. being american i don't know mm so well...but with first time piercings you need your jewelry extra long to accomodate for swelling. but it happens...the cbb may be comfortable. i don't reccomend them for initial piercings because of the curve and the pressure it create on a fistula (hard to explain) but i'm sure its just fine. keep it in, try the soaks, if theer are problems, see the artist when you get back. or if you get nervous about it, just go see a piercer wherever you are now.
on the first pic you posted, what had you just had done? some of your lobe taken out? how does it work? did it hurt a lot?

scarification - why did you decide to do it?

when you say tongue slit twice do you mean youve split it once and its gone back n youve split it again? is it split at the moment?

sorry for being so totally and utterly nosy, am curious! :rolleyes:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pamplemouse, 1.2mm is just referring to the thickness of it. It's not the length - if it was, it would be far too short!

And BAF just emailed me to say the stuff I wanted was back in stock, so I had to go shopping
jovana
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Subbacultcha)
on the first pic you posted, what had you just had done? some of your lobe taken out? how does it work? did it hurt a lot?

scarification - why did you decide to do it?

when you say tongue slit twice do you mean youve split it once and its gone back n youve split it again? is it split at the moment?

sorry for being so totally and utterly nosy, am curious! :rolleyes:
1. i didn't take any of my lobe out. i don't remember the size exactly, but i just couldn't get over it. and i let my lobes sit there there for months and i couldn't get it up to the next size. or maybe i was actually impatient...it was 4 years ago and i don't remember. so i had my lobes scalpeled a wee bit. nothing was removed, they just make a tiny tiny slice not even a mm thick and it opened the lobes up a size. if i remember correctly it was also because i wanted to consider the thickness of the bottom tissue and the placement of my original piercings. my origninals were not centered enough so that as i was stretching the bottom was getting thinner while the sides had disproportionately more room. so the nick which was sort of in the side made use of that tissue without thinning the bottom of the lobe at all. it didn't hurt at all. less then a piercing. blood does not mean pain, it just means blood. it felt like a cat scratch.

2. scarification. why not? i think its beautiful, i had it done, end of story.

3. yes its split now. a lot of people have it done more then once. i initially had it done using the piercing as the anchor point for healing. tongues have a tendency to regrow a bit and the piercing helped prevent that. but i still felt like it was too short and that i didn't have enough mobility and couldn't do all the stupid human tricks i want to do...not enough independant movement, etc...so the second time just took it back again a little over 1/4 of an inch. it was a little pointless since i didn't have another piercing and i didn't want sutures, so i didn't get that much more length to the split due to regrowth, but i did get some.

4. no problem. curiosity doesn't bother me so long as its polite.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.46%
No (530)
60.78%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.76%

Watched Threads