Turn on thread page Beta

Bod Mod Society watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    thanks. i'll give aaa a caall or might go have a look for bodycraft

ReputationRep:
    I've got 8 piercings all in various places on the ears, and one in each lobe is being stretched. 12mm and 6mm currently (i think). I want a dragon tattoo round my ankle soon.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i got my nose done, but i'm a bit disappointed/unsure of the placement.it was £15 at bodycraft, but the place just felt a bit dodgy to me...they didn't even ask for id, and i know it's just a simple nose piercing, but on the list that i had to sign, there was a 15 year old.and it just looked like a place emo kids went to (not that that's a bad thing or emo kids are bad, just it was full of emo-dressing 15 year olds), and it just felt a bit dodgy and it didn't smell clean, like clinic clean...well just a teeny bit.also it felt like the staff didn't care or they just weren't bothered, i don't know. i think i'll be sticking to aaa from now on.

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since I last posted. I think I was going on about stretching hehe, I'm upto 3mm now which I'm quite happy about, I can't afford 4mm plugs so I'm waiting a bit to do the next level hehe .
    Aside from that I've recently had to helixes about half way down my ear which my piercer said he'll change to an orbital in about 4 months, so I'm excited about that as well hehe.
    I don't think I had my nostril piercing last time I posted either lol and I'm getting tattooed next week, I have two ideas but I don't know which one to get first...
    I'm either getting:
    Cio ch'io vedeva mi sembrava un riso / dell's universo on my inner right arm (tis from Dante's Paradiso <3)
    or
    cuimhnigh & dearmad on my wrists.
    I'm thinking maybe the wrists first cause it's smaller and if i really can't stand the pain it'll be quicker? Prob not a good reason hehe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    i got my nose done, but i'm a bit disappointed/unsure of the placement.it was £15 at bodycraft, but the place just felt a bit dodgy to me...they didn't even ask for id, and i know it's just a simple nose piercing, but on the list that i had to sign, there was a 15 year old.and it just looked like a place emo kids went to (not that that's a bad thing or emo kids are bad, just it was full of emo-dressing 15 year olds), and it just felt a bit dodgy and it didn't smell clean, like clinic clean...well just a teeny bit.also it felt like the staff didn't care or they just weren't bothered, i don't know. i think i'll be sticking to aaa from now on.
    I think it is a bit dogey tbh, though ive never found aaa any more clean or friendly. Both are dumps in comparison to the place i go to in Norwich which smells beautifully clean, and the people are lovely. tis more expensive though! Theres a party there tonight, that'll be interesting!

discombobulation... what does the second one mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    I think it is a bit dogey tbh, though ive never found aaa any more clean or friendly. Both are dumps in comparison to the place i go to in Norwich which smells beautifully clean, and the people are lovely. tis more expensive though! Theres a party there tonight, that'll be interesting!

It's irish gaelic for remember & forget...
    I guess it sounds a bit tacky but I really like the idea of it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)

that's the thing though, i think aaa is really clean, it's not in some smelly back alley and they always ask for id, and talk you through aftercare and the piercing etc. here, the girl just did it, and just made a comment about sea salt to herself, and i had to force info out of her (not that i needed to), but it just felt like they were a place that want your money and don't care.i don't know, it just felt dodgy and now i just feel like the nose piercing was ruined..well just not as fun as all the others i got meh.

discombulation, i quite fancy the first one, the dante quote...get that one first! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)

discombulation, i quite fancy the first one, the dante quote...get that one first! :p:
    I probably will, just cause I don't wanna get the Gaelic til I can pronounce it hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kordking)
    single nostril is £10 with a plain stud and £15 with a jewel at Holier Than Thou, wouldn't have thought of paying more than that
    Holier than Thou in Manchester?
    Don't you think they're amazing? Marcus did my nostril and helixes and he's fantastic even when I bled all over the place
    Kate did my snakebite and couldn't stop laughing lol, I don't know what I did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discombobulation)
    Holier than Thou in Manchester?
    Don't you think they're amazing? Marcus did my nostril and helixes and he's fantastic even when I bled all over the place
    Kate did my snakebite and couldn't stop laughing lol, I don't know what I did!
    They are cool, Marcus didn't even take the piss when I got a tad sleepy after my last one and *ahem* "fell asleep" all over the bench :p:
    Think Kate did my helix but all the people there are cool, even if you just wander in for a look round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kordking)
    They are cool, Marcus didn't even take the piss when I got a tad sleepy after my last one and *ahem* "fell asleep" all over the bench :p:
    Think Kate did my helix but all the people there are cool, even if you just wander in for a look round
    I knooow the guy who owns it is a bit scary, the scottish guy. he sprayed me with some antiseptic thing for playing wi my snakebite when i was just looking round.
    i can't wait to go back and get marcus to sort my helixes into an orbital

ReputationRep:
    Gotta say I love Body Art Forms. I ordered 4 pairs of earrings (all 5mm) and got loads of freebies, and they're all gorgeous. Really impressed with the price and quality, and coming from the US, they didn't take long at all, considering it's christmas. Thumbs up!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    quick question, when can i change my nose screw to something smaller? the thing at the end just feels so huge to me...

ReputationRep:
    I'd give it a few months to heal. They can be absolute buggers to heal so it's best to avoid anything that could cause irritation or granulomas to form. I got one on my nose piercing after having to take it out 2 weeks after having it done.. so best not to mess with it just yet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    damn, the stud/end of the nose screw just seems so huge and the nose screw can just be seen out of my nose,maybe i'll turn it round when it's less tender, might be better then.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you get it pierced at this studio in the first place if you weren't comfortable there and didn't have jewellery you wanted? =/ Should've just walked out and gone somewhere else, really.

If possible don't change it till it's healed. The ends of my nose screws fall out sometimes still, took me a while to figure out where they were most likely to stay put. Use a wet q-tip to push the bend back up into your nostril after a sea salt soak.

If the end is really annoying you go to a good piercer and get it changed to something better. Don't do it yourself. Nose screws are really fiddly, you'll irritate it a lot. Plus, you need something sterile in it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It was cheaper and because someone on here has said I should try it, Juno i think it was. They had the jewellry I wanted, they used a nose screw, i just felt the place was a bit dodgy and that the placement might be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    ^^Didn't they mark it up and show you in a mirror before they pierced it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    she did, and like i said, i'm not very good with placements and visually thinking of stuff, so i asked her for her opinion. i thought it looked ok, she said she thought it looked ok, and i didn't think the stud/gem at the end of the screw would look huge. it looks huge to me, i'd always thought it'd be flat against my skin, i don't know. i'll take a pic and post in a bit, maybe i'm just over reacting?

ReputationRep:
    Aww don't worry! I was like that with my tragus - really unsure of the placement and whether or not they chose the right length barbell, but a few months down the line I'm wondering what on earth I was worried about - it's perfect. lol.

My nose piercing is according to my 'mates' placed strangely, but I've always loved it's placement - n that's the main thing right?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.