The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

yeh i guess :smile:
i'll still post a pic up to get opinions.
Reply 1321
Question about drinking and piercings, my friends having a pool(/snooker) party so i'll need a few to become *insert famous pool player*. Would it be alright to drink if I got my nipple pierced in the morning (about 12 or so hours before), leave it until the next day etc?
La Trampa - I changed my nose stud after about 6 days, its not problem if you want something smaller and there's no infection. I don't like the size of the screws so I've just got a wire. It will obviously mean the hole heals smaller but I don't know if this is a problem for you :smile:
discombobulation
La Trampa - I changed my nose stud after about 6 days, its not problem if you want something smaller and there's no infection. I don't like the size of the screws so I've just got a wire. It will obviously mean the hole heals smaller but I don't know if this is a problem for you :smile:

a wire? :confused:
the size wouldn't be a problem. she pierced it at 1.2mm (14g right?) so i could buy some things off BAF or BJS (most likely unless they're bad?) and change it in about a week or two me thinks.

nothing to do with the dodgyness of the place where i got it done, but do people feel slightly teeny bit bad when they go to another place other than where they normally get their stuff? i felt like i was sneaking around not going to AAA haha!
loyalty is a big thing in the bod mod industry i think... if a tattoo artist/piercer knows you'll come back again they're likely to be friendly and cool, a relationship is formed.. i have a favourite piercer (Gemma, Indigo) and a favourite tattoo artist (Ash, Custom Art) and will always go to them when i can. I dont mind getting piercings by other people but i would go to her for anything big or complicated... I wouldnt go anywhere else for tattoos. Ash uses vegan inks :smile:
Reply 1325
La Trampa
a wire? :confused:
the size wouldn't be a problem. she pierced it at 1.2mm (14g right?) so i could buy some things off BAF or BJS (most likely unless they're bad?) and change it in about a week or two me thinks.

nothing to do with the dodgyness of the place where i got it done, but do people feel slightly teeny bit bad when they go to another place other than where they normally get their stuff? i felt like i was sneaking around not going to AAA haha!

1.2mm is 16g
1.6mm is 14g

I always go to the same place, feels weird going somewhere else :p:
I'm interested in seeing a photo Sheila :smile:
I was always under the impression that you had to leave it a few days; I know you're definitely not supposed to drink before you have a piercing and after an oral piercing. But I'm sure it'd be fine if you drank.
coni
1.2mm is 16g
1.6mm is 14g

I always go to the same place, feels weird going somewhere else :p:

man i'm rubbish at these conversions so i do beg your pardon lol
brimmy you haven't seen a pic of me? haha ok i'll put one up.
k pic of me,the nose, anti tragus and helix piercings :smile:

i do apologise about the messy hair..that's what you get for staying in bed all day :p:
youre being silly :p: the placement is fine! its tiny, and really pretty :biggrin:

i want both mine done.. how much did it cost again? £15?
thankies :redface:

yeh it was £15 at bodycraft with whatever you want in it i.e. ring/screw/stud/horse shoe (not sure if they had any though).
my backup plan was if it was bad i'd get a second one done on the same side so it'd be a double nostril. i sooo want one.
Reply 1332
Oh, that's pretty small! Placement looks fine too. I wouldn't worry about it. I thought you mean the gem would be huge, that's pretty perfect. Couldn't have it much smaller than that for risk of it starting to sink into + irritate the piercing. Once it's healed if you can find something smaller you could change it, but I reckon that's good for healing. It looks nice, don't worry about it. It looks pretty small to be 1.2mm though, it's more common to be pierced with 1mm for nostrils, most nostril jewellery is in 1mm (and 0.8mm but personally I consider that too thin).
thanks. i guess i was just over reacting :redface:
well the girl did say 1.2mm , my eyes went like :eek: when i saw the needle!
Reply 1334
Placement looks good to me and the stud isn't big! When you described it I pictured one of the those 9 carat gold studs used with guns :eek:
Yeah, I agree with the others! It's looks gorgeous, placement looks perfect to me! I wish mine looked like that when I first had it done... though I was 12 at the time, and had it done with a gun and a 1.6mm stud lol.
thanks guys :redface: i guess i was just over reacting. :redface:
and i would never get pierced with a gun! :eek:
Reply 1337
Hi there, I got my ear lobe pierced twice back in late August/early september, but It seems still not to have healed.

I took the steel studs that I got it done with at claire's out after 6 weeks (which I was told it should have healed by then) and put in 2 silver studs that I got made by a jewellers, and these are what I wear most of the time.

I also have 2 large sliver loops (well, they look like loops but the bit that goes through my ear is a post and has a butterfly, its not a complete loop) These again are silver and are quite heavy. After wearing them for a day or so they make my ear quite sore, which is understandable because they are heavy and are kinda stretching the ear slightly, so I usually just wear them when I'm going out.

Anyway, the last few times I've done that I have taken the loops out at night and just left my piercings empty cos I'm too tired/drunk to put the studs back in before I go to bed, and its a bit sore. However when I put the studs in in the morning the hole seems to have closed up a bit at the back and it hurts when I have to push it through and a bit of blood usually comes out.

I have also noticed a kind of yellow waxy substance on both sets of earings when I take them out.

Is this normal? What can I do?
healing time is different for different people and 6 weeks is not the time it takes to heal completely, just enough so that you can change them. Mine took a good couple of years until it got to the point that i could leave them out for long stretches of time. And i've had my ears done for nearly 7 years and i still get a bit of the waxy yellowy stuff. i'm not sure what it is but i'm pretty sure it's normal and you'll get less of it the more your ears heal. just make sure you keep them clean and try and remember to put small studs in when you sleep for a good couple of months more. otherwise it's normal to get a bit of blood because the hole will have started to heal. i wouldn't worry about it.
white substance=Puss mate= Infection
Take out the ear rings, disinfect the hole with the bottle they give you, clean the ear ring also with this disinfectant and put the eaar ring back in for another two weeks. If problems persist see a doctor.

Hope that helped:smile:

EDIT: Also keep twisting the ear ring 2-3 times a day.
My friedns ear on took 4 weeks to heal, it's different for everyone

Quick Reply

Latest