Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I want to change my VCH from a ring to a bar, do I need a straight or a curved one?

ReputationRep:
    if its healed with a ring, you'll find a curved barbel more comfortable i think. BJS and Wildcat sell them in all guages and lengths.. make sure you dont get one too short - go for one thats about the same as the ring diameter.

ReputationRep:
    I had mine pierced with a straight bar, I did change it to a curved but it wasn't as comfortable so I switched it back.

God seriously they are the most difficult and annoying things to change ever. I am forever losing the ball of the top. The bar and ball fell out during a night of passion and I didn't notice till the morning when it had almost healed over, boy was that painful to shove a piece of blunt metal through!!

Sorry about that story, I would go with straight if I was you!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :afraid: :soap:

Argh!!!! I've found a little bump on one side of my nose piercing on the inside! grrr! it's making the same side on the outside of my nose sore. How can I get rid of it seeing as it's on the inside and it's a bit sore? I didn't want to get any nose bumps I saw a lady where I work and she had a nose piercing and she had a very angry bump on the outside next to the whole and it just looked really wrong.

ReputationRep:
    dont touch it or fiddle with it! its very early on to get a bump.. how have you been cleaning it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    drenching the outer bit with saline solution (contact lens type) or soaking some cotton wool and pressing it on the outside, using a cotton bud soaked with saline solution on the inside like i was told by the girl,she told me not to squirt saline up my nose.with the cotton bud, i don't know if it's been doing much but that's what i've been pretty much doing.

ReputationRep:
    cleaning sounds fine bth, though maybe cut down a bit if youre doing it every day.. ive only cleaned mine twice i think since it was done, and its fine.

Otherwise theres not much you can do about bumps!! it'll go away eventually but theres no particular way of helping them. Some people recommend mild tea tree solution, or a warm chamomile tea bag, though ive tried both and neither have worked for me.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well i do it once or twice a day as normally i forget :blush: hehe (not for my other piercings though).

i doubt i'd be able to get tea tree oil/a chamomile teab bag up my nose! :p: meh i think i'll still go ahead and get some new jewellery. interested in a group order from BJS?

I was wondering, when people order stuff from BAF, how much is the stuff you get in total? like how much worth? and do you get hit by customs to pay duties and taxes or what? I would like to order from them as i hear they're better but can't be doing with customs charges.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an order from BJS, otherwise i would have done! i usually order from wildcat... theyre cheaper and dont charge postage at all.

never ordered from BAF... but customs charges aside.. the dollar is in our favour.

ReputationRep:
    i just pulled my nose stud out with a tissue by accident and had to put it back it hope it'll be alright!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it'll be fine :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    i hope so! i should learn from my septum not to get nasal piercings when i have a cold!

I got really bored last night so took some piercing pics.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    Very cool

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subbacultcha)
    its on bme http://modblog.bmezine.com/2007/05/0...hing-disaster/

silly billy :rolleyes:
    I feel quite faint :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    i hope so! i should learn from my septum not to get nasal piercings when i have a cold!

i like did the septum really hurt? which bit do they pierce? the fleshy bit?? not the cartilage-y bit above that, surely??? - are you stretching yours?

ReputationRep:
    It was the most painful by far!! very sharp intense pain.. luckily it was over quickly!! they pierce the thin fleshy bit... If you put your thumb between your nostrils, squeeze and pull down lightly, you can feel a bit under the cartilage where the flesh is very thin.. it goes through there.

i doubt i'll stretch it, i like it quite small

ReputationRep:
    I have wanted an industrial for years, but due to the school/work situation it was not viable. However on saturday i decided to opt for snug because a) saw someone with it, the week before thus had opp to ask questions/ thought it was cute, b) didn't look sore, c) it isn't noticeable d) It only cost £20, so proceeded. I got it done in my left ear which had the traditional lobe piercing and a cartlidge (sp) at the top. I was absolutely in love with it, thus far I have traditional one in each lobe (done age 10), cartlidge (age 12), navel (age 14) snug (age 17), and intend to contribute more.

So out of curiousity I have some questions..
    What are your opinions on the snug?
    Has anyone got a snug?
    Do you prefer to have your ears balanced out with earrings? or like one with one and the other with loads? (I quite fancy having my left ear with multiple piercings whilst my right has one, what do you think?)
    What has been the sorest piercing you had?

What do you think of a daith piercing? I want that to be my next one.
    any help would be much appreciated..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_26797)
    I have wanted an industrial for years, but due to the school/work situation it was not viable. However on saturday i decided to opt for snug because a) saw someone with it, the week before thus had opp to ask questions/ thought it was cute, b) didn't look sore, c) it isn't noticeable d) It only cost £20, so proceeded. I got it done in my left ear which had the traditional lobe piercing and a cartlidge (sp) at the top. I was absolutely in love with it, thus far I have traditional one in each lobe (done age 10), cartlidge (age 12), navel (age 14) snug (age 17), and intend to contribute more.

So out of curiousity I have some questions..
    What are your opinions on the snug?
    Has anyone got a snug?
    Do you prefer to have your ears balanced out with earrings? or like one with one and the other with loads? (I quite fancy having my left ear with multiple piercings whilst my right has one, what do you think?)
    What has been the sorest piercing you had?

What do you think of a daith piercing? I want that to be my next one.
    any help would be much appreciated..
    Used to have a snug. It was very, very uncomfortable and I ended up taking it out after 4 months. I'm going to try again though at some point. I like them Only in some placements though. I don't like it when they're so high they're almost a rook.

I like having my ears balanced but not symmetrical. I have 5 in my left, all lobe ones, then 6 in my right but 2 are helix ones. I feel really uneven at the moment, haha. I need more near the top of my left ear.

Sorest...for healing rook and snug are pretty close. My rook was badly done though so that's probably why that was so crap. My industrial was pretty sore too. Actual pain of piercing, all have been about the same really. Just blurs into one :P

Daiths are pretty good, some people find them easier to heal because they're very protected in your ear. Some people find the complete opposite though, haha.

ReputationRep:
    i like snugs, and also daith piercings i do prefer my ears to be balanced out on the lobe, but cartilage piercings, no, i wouldnt try and balance them; i think a snug on one would look pretty and then a daith on the other....

only have lobes x 2 and tongue done, cartilage next week, but tbh my lobes were probably sorer to get done; tongue didnt hurt at the time of getting done, just felt really really odd and hurt/ached lots afterwards once the adrenaline wore off! :rolleyes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.