Bod Mod Society Watch

SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
helix is most likely 1.6 as larger guages sit better in cartilage piercings. tongue web.. could be either tbh!

i find that if you hold 1.2mm and 1.6mm jewellery next to each other, you can tell them apart.

otherwise buy a selection, theyre cheap enough. then you have a nice 'stock' jewellery collection!

i need to place an order too.. i dropped my nose retainer on the carpet and it literally vanished.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i can't take my helix out and it's 'hurting' (lol) to try and get it out :hmpf:
i think it's probably a 1.6mm as well. the tongue web wouldn't be a problem (i forgot i could take it out.it needs a good cleaning anyways).
would you like me to order your stuff whilst i'm doing mine? i don't mind.
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
Do you mean you cant get the back off?

When i first got my lobes done, i went on holiday for 3 weeks and had to wait till i got back just to take the back off to clean it. (and by that time, there was hair wrapped around the earring & it had cut into my ear! :eek: but im guessing you wont have the hair problem.. lol :p:)
yep, can't take it out at all. I just want to clean them. Someone told me i should just pull both sides hard and then it should come out.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it will hurt a lot. go a piercing studio, one that uses a needle,an ask them for help and to give you the right jewellery.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yup do that. and do that with your helix too if you cant get it out.. was it done with a BCR?

nah dont worry about the order.. theres quite a bit i want so i'll cover the £10-free-postage thing no probs.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 02mik_e)
yep, can't take it out at all. I just want to clean them. Someone told me i should just pull both sides hard and then it should come out.
Well thats what i did. It was a little bit red, and hurt a tiny bit, but it was okay then. Tbh i dont think that piercing is worth a trip to a proffesionals.. I would advise not using the back you've currently got, and change it to a butterfly back, if that is not what you've already got (i normally wouldnt advise this, but the back you've got now is horrible if i think i know what it is).
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.happynews.com/living/body...ar-pierced.htm

:eek: wow, that is such a uninformed webpage.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
yup do that. and do that with your helix too if you cant get it out.. was it done with a BCR?

nah dont worry about the order.. theres quite a bit i want so i'll cover the £10-free-postage thing no probs.
no, a barbell, just i haven't taken it out since i got it and the part of my ear that's pierced is right where the ear begins to bend and get a 'flap' so it's making it hard to even grab hold of the ball and twist it. and twisitng it from the back it like twisting the skin lol
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
Well thats what i did. It was a little bit red, and hurt a tiny bit, but it was okay then. Tbh i dont think that piercing is worth a trip to a proffesionals.. I would advise not using the back you've currently got, and change it to a butterfly back, if that is not what you've already got (i normally wouldnt advise this, but the back you've got now is horrible if i think i know what it is).
well i got it done in claires, the didn't even tell me how to remove it.:mad:
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
she's got a butterfly one Bexi. I had my cartilage done at claire's (Stupidly) and that's all they have. I had problems getting the butterfly (thing at the back that keeps it falling out) to come out just to clean it and i had to yank it out. it hurt, a lot! i would say go to your nearest proper piercer and ask them for either a bcr or a barbell as they're more comfortable, better for healing and easier.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thats because theyre not trained as piercers. I see your in London.. get yourself to Camden and find a proper piercing studio. They'll remove it for you and put in suitable jewellery.

It is wort it IMO. Lobe piercings are possibly the only ones you will keep for your entire life and although you can always get it done again if it messes up, its just not worth it.. its far better to take care the piercings you've got.

Bexi that link is horrible!! an over-the-counter piercing 'kit' is an option?! lobes are easy and cant go too wrong... but imagine a 14-year old getting a self-piercing 'kit'.. how long till they'd be trying it out on their lip, nose, tongue?!
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
she's got a butterfly one Bexi. I had my cartilage done at claire's (Stupidly) and that's all they have. I had problems getting the butterfly (thing at the back that keeps it falling out) to come out just to clean it and i had to yank it out. it hurt, a lot! i would say go to your nearest proper piercer and ask them for either a bcr or a barbell as they're more comfortable, better for healing and easier.
i am a boy:rolleyes:
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
apologies
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
apologies
lol no worries
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh, i thought it would have been a back which is like a metal cone, which is designed to help healing (apparently.. but no it ****ing doesnt!), thats what i had mine done with at HMSamuals.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm dead chuffed. I'd had a pair of 6mm leopard print Ikon plugs (flared) sat in my jewellery box, new and unworn for about 9 months. I bought them on a whim, in the hopes of stretching up to 6mm but later decided to stay at 5mm permanently.

SO, what did I do? I filed them down to 5mm and now they fit, and they're gorgeous. haha.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh wow.go you!
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I'm dead chuffed. I'd had a pair of 6mm leopard print Ikon plugs (flared) sat in my jewellery box, new and unworn for about 9 months. I bought them on a whim, in the hopes of stretching up to 6mm but later decided to stay at 5mm permanently.

SO, what did I do? I filed them down to 5mm and now they fit, and they're gorgeous. haha.
awesome
Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
New microdermals
http://i2.tinypic.com/6y3aiw1.jpg
My face was crap so I cropped it out.
They're a bit stingy, but it's all good. Don't know how long they'll last because I tend to sleep on my side a lot and it's not going to do them any good, but I wanted them anyway haha. When/if I get them taken out I'll possibly get one on each wrist instead.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
coolio
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed