La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
you removed it?!

Mine has a bump too... ive just changed the stud to bioplast, as i prefer bioplast and i have to go back to work next week.. the bump will go down eventually, i should really stop picking at it though.
yeh i did. wasn't happy with it or the fact that i had a bump from day 1. i'll go to jp let him know what happened and see what he says about it.i'll get it redone though and now i have the jewellery for it as well (bioplast screw) so it's all good . i was thinking of getting my tragus done at some point...it's crossed my mind lately but i'm wanting for my anti to heal first.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I nearly lost my tongue web piercing last night! It came out coz I play with it far too much, and then I didn't put it back in for ages as I was drunk
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
your ball came loose? first time i've heard, but yay you caught it in time well done.
bekahchu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
I nearly lost my tongue web piercing last night! It came out coz I play with it far too much, and then I didn't put it back in for ages as I was drunk
Did your web piercing heal well? Because I've thought about getting it done but been told they don't heal well?

Also anyone know if a web piercing would interfere with just a regular tongue piercing?
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
mine's never given me any trouble at all. the only thing that's annoying is plaque but with good oral cleaning you should be fine.
i doubt they'd interfere with each other but i don't have a vertical tonge piercing so wouldn't know i'm afraid.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bekahchu)
Did your web piercing heal well? Because I've thought about getting it done but been told they don't heal well?

Also anyone know if a web piercing would interfere with just a regular tongue piercing?
My tongue web is quite far forward, so I don't think a normal tongue piercing would work. But if you had it further back then there probably would be enough room - obviously depending on your mouth! If you've already got your tongue pierced then go and see what they say, or if you haven't then mention that's what you want so they can try different positioning.

My web piercing is probably my fave piercing. The only problems I have is when I play with it too much. It didn't really hurt, and I didn't have any of the problems with swelling and not being able to eat that I've heard people have with normal tongue piercings.
bex_26797
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just to highlight my ignorance, but how long does a rook take to heal? I really want it but panic incase something goes wrong.. ahh.. Itis so pretty though!
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rooks can take a year or even more to completely, fully heal, like most cartilage. 6-10 months in general, I'd say, until it's pretty comfortable and mostly healed.

I want my rook re-done but I don't think there's enough room on my tiny ears to position it behind the rejection scar from before. Damnit.
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bex_26797)
Just to highlight my ignorance, but how long does a rook take to heal? I really want it but panic incase something goes wrong.. ahh.. Itis so pretty though!
I have had my rook pierced twice, (I took it out once for sport and forgot to put it back in and it closed up) anyway both times it healed fine, but I'm told I heal annoyingly quickly and well. My piercer told me to expect it flare up, then settle quite a few times. But I agree with Kate. that probably about 12 months for it to totally heal.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bekahchu)

Here's a picture!

Not mine; I just found it.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that person has a stretched tongue piercing.. that must be difficult to get used to eating and talking with! oooh i really want my tongue pierced. looking at 30quid wherever i go though and i dont have money!
Subbacultcha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
save save save!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought that was just the bottom of a large acrylic ball on a normal sized bar. But anyway, it was just to show that tongue webs and tongue peircings can be compatible.

Double tongue webs, however, are prettier
bekahchu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
I thought that was just the bottom of a large acrylic ball on a normal sized bar. But anyway, it was just to show that tongue webs and tongue peircings can be compatible.

Double tongue webs, however, are prettier
Double tongue webs :s
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how would you know an ear lobe piercing has healed?
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when you no longer get crusties formed from the lymph fluid, and the lobes are no longer red, swollen or sore. recommended time is 6 weeks though id give them 2 months or so to be sure, especially if they were gunned.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If i got my ears pierced how long would it be before i was able to stretch them to put in tunnels???
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not until they're fully healed.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
If i got my ears pierced how long would it be before i was able to stretch them to put in tunnels???
At least 5 or 6 months before you start stretching, and you should only stretch 1 size every 6 weeks (minimum). You could easily get your ears pierced straight to 3.2mm though, and you could wear a tunnel then immediately.
Untitled258
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah right, cool. I dont want to stretch them too big, maybe about 6mm at most.

I might go into town tomorrow and ask if they can put the 3.2 tunnel in right away, if not ill have to wait for it to heal i guess.

Cheers guys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise