Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiousity but does anyone get piercings or other motifications to commemorate a special occassion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_26797)
    Just out of curiousity but does anyone get piercings or other motifications to commemorate a special occassion?

yerr getting one this friday, to celebrate finishing exams...

i know its not a special occasion... but... an achievement of sorts

ReputationRep:

my vegan leaf tattoo was to mark the complete switch to veganism (6 months) and also the start of getting back on track, fighting depression and taking control over my life.

and my septum was a 21st birthday present to myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    Getting my lip re-pierced was a "ive just got my student loan threw" present to myself

ReputationRep:
    anyone in here see Medicine Men Go Wild on channel 4 tonight? they explored the concept of pain and how we deal with it.. some awesome footage of ritualistic piercings and suspensions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Getting my lip re-pierced was a "ive just got my student loan threw" present to myself
    lol, any excuse :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got four of mine on two seperate occasions when I was having a really bad time and just needed to do something to take control and do something proactive and positive. I did other things too of course. It's only a small gesture when there's big crap going on but I found that it helped.

ReputationRep:
    Nope didnt see it, didnt they shove a stick through his mouth or something?

I'd faint :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmSound)
    I got four of mine on two seperate occasions when I was having a really bad time and just needed to do something to take control and do something proactive and positive. I did other things too of course. It's only a small gesture when there's big crap going on but I found that it helped.
    That is a REALLY GOOD idea.. I may follow suit and get piercings in same context!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done to shock my mother into believing I was my own person.

It worked, at least she lets me do things now without trying to talk me out of them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got my left nipple to celebrate one year of not self harming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magickal_Faerie)
    Nope didnt see it, didnt they shove a stick through his mouth or something?

I'd faint :p:
    yeah.. it was a skewer, looked about 6mm in diameter. the program really made me want to get my tongue pierced, so im gonna save up for that next!! also gone on a bit of a stretching spree and taken my 2nd lobe back up to 5mm, and my 3rds from 1.6 to 2. whoo!

you all have such great reasons for getting piercings! i think its a great way to celebrate something, especially something personal and/or mentally challenging.

ReputationRep:

A few of my piercings have been for special occasions; I had my nape piercing done on National Piercing Day and the second of my left-sided lip piercing done while in Camden the day before Give It A Name started last year and that wasn't only because it was a welcome break away from the usual but if I'm being honest it was sorta a 'coping mechanism' aswell. (There are things that happen that I can't possibly explain or put into words, sometimes even by choice, and it's not unknown for me to do something kinda extreme to take my mind off things or to give myself a kick up the arse).

EDIT: I haven't so much had a tattoo done to mark a special occasion, however...

ReputationRep:
    Yay someone's got their tattooo .
    I love it hehe, I cannot waaait to get another but I'm obviously waiting til this one's healed at least a bit, has only been a week

ReputationRep:

I got 2 to celebrate going to see Blink 182 and one when I signed the paperwork for renting my first house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kordking)
    I got 2 to celebrate going to see Blink 182 and one when I signed the paperwork for renting my first house
    I got my lip done the first time just before seeing Blink, what a fond memory that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I got my lip done the first time just before seeing Blink, what a fond memory that is
    I also got my first piercing after listening to Blink 182 (the album) for about a week straight, think they may be a bad influence on me :p:
    *looks in CD drawer* Enema Of The State, hmmmmm...

ReputationRep:
    arrrgh, Blink fans! get out :p:

my only link between music and bod mods, is that my tattoo design comes from the image in my avatar. Its a poster, design for one of the bands i work with I may have got piercings before gigs, but then i go to gigs pretty much every week.

going to hardcore shows started my obsession though.. had never seen stretched lobes before going to see Throwdown. lol.

ReputationRep:
    ha ^ saw throwdown at download 06? carnage.

right, who can help me...

good/reputable piercing places in Manchester (city centre ish) ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i think it was 03.. in a tiny, packed out pub. Awesome!!

Ive heard good things about Holier than Thou

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.