Turn on thread page Beta

Bod Mod Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If it's going to reject then you can't really stop it =/ If it's happening repeatedly then I'd probably just accept that you're not really suited to it, heh. It could just be migrating a little. Warm/hot water soaks (no salt, if your skin is already dry) and putting emu oil or something similar on might help the dryness, but if it is definitely rejecting I'd just take it out as soon as it looks bad.

ReputationRep:
    oops, am a bit late on the old tongue piercing bit, sorry :rolleyes:

for me, the actual piercing didnt hurt at all - i would say less than ear cartilage piercings to be honest, plus you'll have so much adrenaline pulsing through you it will lessen the pain!

they clamp your tongue out so theres not much chance you'll be able to pull it back in.... its all over pretty quickly...

the real pain to be honest is the aftercare.... you have to be very very self-restrained.... the woman in the shop gave me a pretty severe talk which scared me enough to mean i was very good! your tongue swells sooooo much the next day, and just aches for about 3-5 days, worsening in the evening - that was the only time when i lisped a bit! any sudden movements give a bit of shooting pain but the piercing site itself doenst hurt too much.... i did feel flu-ey for about 2 days after, but not sure why that was!

i was on liquid food for maybe 10 days, euuuuurrrgh, and no drinking, (i managed vodka shots but they made my tongue tingle like mad!) - after that everything pretty much subsided and i had an annoying few days with a massively long bar before i got it changed by the piercers.... since then its been all good (although i did have an achey couple days last week, not sure why)

Bumblebee - how much too big is your piercing?! i suggest buying some ptfe/bioplast and then fiddling around with the sizes until you find one thats ok - but be careful, you may think its fine, but it may still be too small - did your piercer confirm that the new smaller bar was still too big?? - watch out if you start getting a little ball shaped furrow in your tongue...

ReputationRep:
    so getting a tongue piercing on a saturday, when i have work on sunday, is not a good idea? hmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    so getting a tongue piercing on a saturday, when i have work on sunday, is not a good idea? hmmm!
    Probably not haha.

I kept forgetting i had mine done until i either tried to sip a drink or speak. The pain wasn't that bad, but the swelling was for around a week. My teachers weren't impressed but sod them.

(Original post by Kate.)
    If it's going to reject then you can't really stop it =/ If it's happening repeatedly then I'd probably just accept that you're not really suited to it, heh. It could just be migrating a little. Warm/hot water soaks (no salt, if your skin is already dry) and putting emu oil or something similar on might help the dryness, but if it is definitely rejecting I'd just take it out as soon as it looks bad.
    As for my eyebrow, i thought it could be migrating but it gets a big spotlike fleshy lump on it at the base every now and then, much like my rejected one did =[. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    hehe most probably not! to be honest, if you got it done like, friday night, it might just be ok, its just the "next day" after you have it that is mega mega mega swollen! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to ask my piercer about this at some point anyway, but I had my conch pierced at 1.6mm and I think it looks too big cause I only have little ears (I chose it over 1.2 ), when will I be able to downsize?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I did this during the summer, lets just say I had some funny looks off the customers!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wouldn't recomend it. It was the next day that was the *****, when I got it done the guy in the shop told me to enjoy my dinner that night because I wasn't going to be eating much after it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslibby)
    I'm going to ask my piercer about this at some point anyway, but I had my conch pierced at 1.6mm and I think it looks too big cause I only have little ears (I chose it over 1.2 ), when will I be able to downsize?
    when did you get it done? Id usually say wait until its healed.. but cartilage piercings can actually heal a little better if they are downsized after the initial lymph/swelling is gone.

OK, not a good idea then! working on a sunday sucks :p: When i do plan my tongue piercing i'll plan it for a monday so it'll have 5 days until i need to talk to people.

Also sounds like a good way to kick-start my springtime diet :p:

ReputationRep:

Also sounds like a good way to kick-start my springtime diet :p:
    definitely, i lost 1/2 a stone when i had mine pierced.... then put it all back on! grrrrr :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    after it's healed fully. i wouldn't have considered downsizing my helix any earlier so imagine doing that to your conch.i went from 1.6 to 1.2 and you can hardly see it but it's cute.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions, please?

I was talking to a friend while out last night about body mods and said that I'd like a new piercing but that I wasn't entirely sure where. We were all quite tipsy by this point and she suggested double snakebites, which would only be an extra two on my right side, as I have the left side of my lip pierced twice, and that if I felt it too crowded, to wear two bars and two rings (whether it be two rings on one side and two bars on the other, or a ring and a bar in each).

I already have my labret and tongue pierced, so that makes four piercings around my mouth, but her idea really grabbed me and I can't seem to get it out of my head. If I was going for it, I'd be more than willing to take out my labret piercing if it looked too crowded...

What do you think, how do you think it would look; pretty hot/cool or completely ridiculous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    I already have my labret and tongue pierced, so that makes four piercings around my mouth, but her idea really grabbed me and I can't seem to get it out of my head. If I was going for it, I'd be more than willing to take out my labret piercing if it looked too crowded...

What do you think, how do you think it would look; pretty hot/cool or completely ridiculous?
    I had four round my mouth (each side of my lip, labret and madonna) and I like it I have started to think it looks a bit too crowded lately though so I've not worn the labret for two months, I suspect it's closed...

Anyway, I think it depends on your face and the size of your mouth

ReputationRep:

There's not really any harm in downsizing before it's healed, to be honest. It's often suggested if you have trouble healing. If you want to, it shouldn't cause any problems. Just get your piercer to change it for you to make sure the jewellery is sterile.

ReputationRep:
    Pain factor on labret piercing anyone?, im sorely tempted

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, any suggestion for a reputable tattoist in Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol tattoos at the bottom of glouscester road, Ben Boston, he is awesome. Has his work regulary in Bizzare magazine and other publications. Long waiting list but so ****ing worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    very sharp but gone instantly. Can be a little painful for the first few weeks.. laughing is a bit of a pain, no eating apples! but it heals really fast

ReputationRep:
    Bristol tattoos at the bottom of glouscester road, Ben Boston, he is awesome. Has his work regulary in Bizzare magazine and other publications. Long waiting list but so ****ing worth it!
    Thanks Trigger... I need some touch ups and to improve one of my early tattoos that i'm not quite so happy with and my partner is hopefully gonna get a new one so your reply was much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    My sorest and I've had a LOT - but then again that might be because the guy pierced it, then decided he'd done it wrong and pierced it differently - subsequently I did not go back there.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.