The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

I've had a snug piercing since July, but it's still being a little difficult to heal. My piercer reckons it's because the bar is a little too long and I keep sleeping on it by accident, so recommended changing it to a shorter bar.
I had it done when I was at home (I'm now in uni) so I can't go back to the same piercer. When I got it done, he got a straight bar and slightly bent it using a pair of pliers. I've bought the slightly smaller bar, but it's straight - would this be okay to put it or would I need to bend it? I'm scared that I'll take this one out, find that the new one won't go in and won't be able to get the old one back in! Thanks Xx
why didnt you buy a curved barbel?

and if you dont want to do it yourself, any professional piercer will do it for you. You'll have to pay for the jewellery and maybe a bit for the service, but you dont have to go back to the studio that did the piercing.

July wasnt that long ago though. cartilage can take a long time to heal.. both my helix and conch took over a year. changing the bar might help it, but still be patient!
Got my second lobe (repierced) yesterday.
Still a bit sore today.
SoundDevastation
why didnt you buy a curved barbel?

and if you dont want to do it yourself, any professional piercer will do it for you. You'll have to pay for the jewellery and maybe a bit for the service, but you dont have to go back to the studio that did the piercing.

July wasnt that long ago though. cartilage can take a long time to heal.. both my helix and conch took over a year. changing the bar might help it, but still be patient!

Haha I know, I'm not expecting it to be totally healed, I just thought that changing the bar might help it to heal. And I wasn't sure whether I needed a straight or curved, my original piercer said that I could ultimately put a straight bar in it. That's why I asked!
you probably can put a straight barbel in, but it'll add pressure to the piercing. If i were you id stick with the curved until its totally healed. my conch gets upset if i have a ring in it for more than a few days... and ive had it for 3 years!
Reply 1945
brimstone
Got my second lobe (repierced) yesterday.
Still a bit sore today.

with a needle?
Reply 1946
A nape? The chances of rejection are pretty high and I like to wear chokers around my neck also

My face is out of the question and I have all the other major parts done

I think fun new jewellery is in the works
I've had my nape since May... how quickly do they usually reject?
Reply 1948
If it's done properly it's perfectly viable for nape piercings to last a long time. As in, 5 years, 10 years, even longer. If it's done badly it could start rejecting in a week. There's not really a standard time tbh.
ive had mine done a year in march, its rejected a little but nothing too extreme
Kate.
If it's done properly it's perfectly viable for nape piercings to last a long time. As in, 5 years, 10 years, even longer. If it's done badly it could start rejecting in a week. There's not really a standard time tbh.

Ah, thanx.

I know mine was done perfectly, I'm very lucky to have one of the very best piercers around.
Trigger
ive had mine done a year in march, its rejected a little but nothing too extreme

Yeah, my skin doesn't wrap around the piercing at the ends (where it bends up from underneath) quite as much now as it used to, but it's nothing major and I've never had any problems.
Mine still gets crusty though, though i am always playing with it with dirty hands :redface:
I was surprised that mine never got really crusty, but then I just went for the 'leave it alone' method rather than over cleaning, which I've done in the past!

Ive only had mine done a few months so fingers crossed no rejecting, although I always wonder how much you should be able to feel it under the skin...I think I need to track someone down and feel their nape!...that sounds very strange...lol
Im really tempted to go for a nape piercing... but i want my other tragus doing =S Toughie... a piercing always helps innit, its a git when i dont know which to go for though! Tut...lack of funds doesn't help much either lol.

Would it be wise to get a piercing before i go and get my tat re-inked...(needs outlining a tad) ??
Mine gets crusty, but not overly. I suppose stuff like that happens with all piercings, like... tunnels tend to get a bit stinky. If you keep them clean and look after them it'll all be good.

I can feel my nape bar, but not a huge amount, it's just a tiny bump. I like freaking people out with it. It's not noticable when you look at it though.
IndelibleBlack
Would it be wise to get a piercing before i go and get my tat re-inked...(needs outlining a tad) ??

I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't think it'd matter much... although if your piercing would be near the tattoo, it might be better to wait.
Reply 1957
The majority of people will be able to heal a piercing and a tattoo easily. It may increase healing time slightly but it's unlikely to be anything significant.
bloodredbeat
I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't think it'd matter much... although if your piercing would be near the tattoo, it might be better to wait.

Nah, the tattoo is on my shoulder. Its just i've been warned about getting the two together because your supposed to eat before you get a piercing where as with a tat it doesn't matter. Also whenever you have either done, your adrenaline goes up... arrgh. I'll probably leave it another week if i get my sis to mind my bank card for me!
IndelibleBlack
Nah, the tattoo is on my shoulder. Its just i've been warned about getting the two together because your supposed to eat before you get a piercing where as with a tat it doesn't matter. Also whenever you have either done, your adrenaline goes up... arrgh. I'll probably leave it another week if i get my sis to mind my bank card for me!

I reckon you'd be totally fine. Having a piercing and a tattoo done in a very small timespace will be such a rush!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending