Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone ever tried using coloured contact lenses? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    fluent in lies - i think normal lenses, like the colourblends HAVE to be loose enough to rotate to let the oxgen get to the eye to avoid neovascularisation. the exception is toric lenses, built at an angle like an oval shape which are meant for astigmatic eyes and do not rotate.
    yah I wear contacts Which was why I was wondering how the asymetrical ones worked.

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to go to the opticians to get permission to wear contacts? I have a prescription to wear glasses (long distance only) but my mum is really worried about me ruining my eyes with contacts. Should I get them checked out?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooo I'm going to get some!!! Time for a trip to the opticians methinks....

ReputationRep:
    i have dark brown eyes, and on halloween when i dressed up as a fairy i used bright blue ones

they looked ace!! i would reccommend them, as long as you dont mind touching your eyes.

i already wear contacts so it wasn't a prob for me

ReputationRep:
    You should get them fitted by an optician. People have different shaped eyes etc so I wouldn't reccomend getting them from a website. If you go to an optician they show you how to put them in and look after them as well....

I have blue eyes but I sometimes wear green ones, which I get from Specsavers (they do them in prescription and non-prescription). I get people commenting on them all the time! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Can I buy prescription coloured contacts online?

ReputationRep:
    ooh you can

ReputationRep:
    i go to specsavers, do you think i will actually have to go to them to see if i can get colours? i get clear daily disposable ones form them now

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I wanna experiment as well. But I'm not really sure if I'd suit them at all, I'm Chinese - so black hair and dark brown eyes. One Chinese girl I know took to wearing bright blue contacts, looked kinda freaky.

ReputationRep:
    I'm chinese and have tried green, and it really looks nice

I just bought a pair from contactlenses.co.uk, it's really cheap as well, 1 months supply of coloured lenses for £10, free delivery!

ReputationRep:
    got the purple one:

http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/details305_41.html

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, interesting. I'm discovering that green is my friend, in terms of eyeliner and eyeshadow. Dark green I'm assuming? I've never tried contact lenses though. Might give it a go if I've money to burn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnight_tiptoe)
    Ooh, interesting. I'm discovering that green is my friend, in terms of eyeliner and eyeshadow. Dark green I'm assuming? I've never tried contact lenses though. Might give it a go if I've money to burn!
    No need to worry about burning money - they're only £5 a box from www.contactlenses.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend buying contacts from contactlenses.co.uk? Im such a hypocondriac id be worried something would go wrong! lol Have you found that there service is good. Do they give you cleaning instructions? They sound like a good company. Might order some lenses!

ReputationRep:
    i once saw a guy that had the most amazing blue eyes and i said " wow".
    when he tried to kiss me his contact lense fell on my forehead and his eyes were brown
    LOL
    since then i dont use colour contact lenses:P i have a trauma

ReputationRep:
    Freshlook is really good. Also I find that cleansers with moisturises keep the lenses lasting for longer, and your eyes more comfortable

I don't need lenses as I've 20/20 vision but I still needed to have my eyes checked and a fitting done for those who are the same way and are wondering about lenses purely for cosmetic purposes. I recommend not wearing them often too for those who don't need them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get the cleaning fluid with the freshlook lenses?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you get the cleaning fluid, you have to pay separately, but I guess it depends on where you buy the lenses from.

ReputationRep:
    i have dark brown eyes and i tried someones spare pair of blue ones on but you could not even tell i was wearing anything different^o)

ReputationRep:
    I had some bright blue ones. As my eyes are normally a greenish-blueish grey the contacts really made a huge difference. It was a bit strange at first since my eyes were a lot darker and more obvious than they usually are but I got used to them. Though if I were to get coloured ones again I'd get ones that are slightly lighter than these ones.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.