Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

What is the gay scene like at Durham? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm making my final uni decisions for 2012 entry and don't know whether to pick St Andrews or Durham. I love them both equally academically and socially, but don't know which one has a better gay scene. I know they're both quite quiet places so I am really unsure. I'm not making my final decision on which has a more liberal scene but it is a contributing factor for me...!

Can anyone offer me some advice please?

Thank you!

Mikey

ReputationRep:
    You're going to spend 99.9% of your time surrounded by other students which will typically be quite liberal and open minded anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I can't comment on St Andrews but if you want a more lively time in Durham you can always go to Newcastle for a night out which is somewhat nearby and has a raging bumming scene.

ReputationRep:
    There is a guy sitting beside me in the computer room who is slightly camp I think, I'm in Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    There is a guy sitting beside me in the computer room who is slightly camp I think, I'm in Durham.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spungo)
    You're going to spend 99.9% of your time surrounded by other students which will typically be quite liberal and open minded anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I can't comment on St Andrews but if you want a more lively time in Durham you can always go to Newcastle for a night out which is somewhat nearby and has a raging bumming scene.
    Hahaha, 'raging bumming scene'!

Cheers for the help,

M

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are as many good gay bars in St Andrews and a city near by. At least in Durham you can get to one in half an hour or so by hopping on a train to Newcastle (15min train journey away)

ReputationRep:
    Worth asking the Durham LGBT thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1918113

(Original post by Mikey1994)
    Hahaha, 'raging bumming scene'!

Cheers for the help,

M

ReputationRep:
    Thread of the day

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.