Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Rash on arm, doesn't fade under glass Watch

The rash covers about a £2 coin size near the inside of my elbow, it has the direct appearance of septicaemia and doesnt fade under a glass.

It's not spread in the 30 mins I've been looking at it. I was feeling nauseous earlier but seem ok now...

I'm not really sure what to do. Can you get this kind of rash without there being a problem? I was treated for meningitis three or so weeks ago at hospital but it turned out to be a respiratory system infection which has gone now... I'm not sure if they'll think I'm a moron if I go there again... Should I just watch it or would I be fine just going to sleep do you think?

Well I just want to see if anyone gets this without it being a problem :/ if it spreads or I see it anywhere else I'll call a doctor of course.

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS direct 08454647

ReputationRep:
    ^^^^ As above.

ReputationRep:
    Call the number, and don't play down the symtoms just because you feel silly. If there's a possibility that it's serious, treat it seriously. It's better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If you are worried enough to ask on here - talk to a real doctor

ReputationRep:
    What they said. Go to the doctor asap.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: March 6, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.