A2 history coursework sources on kerensky and the provisional government?!

Watch
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all,
im doing my A2 coursework at the moment and im finding it hard to find any good sources on kerensky and the provisional government in answering this question;
assess the view that the failures of the Provisional Govt were the main factors in enabling lenin and the bolsheviks to seize power"
any help would be greatly appreciated
thank you!
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
bump
ehirst
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi,
There's loads of good stuff out there. Here's a list, in a rough order of what I've found best (ie, best mix of fact / opinion / readability / reputability)

Rethinking the Russian Revolution - Edward Acton
-The Russian Revolution - Graham Darby
-A People's Tragedy - Orlando Figes
-Years of Russia and the USSR, 1851 – 1991 – Evans and Jenkins (Hodder and Stoughton 2001)
-The Russian Revolution 1900–1927 (4th Edition) – Robert Service

I'm not doing work on your title, but I have found these very good for sources on feb 1917 revolution, and there seemed to be lots on Provisional Government matters too -so no promises on quality but I think it's a good place to start.

In return, I don't suppose you would have come across any good sources that would offer data on Brusilov offensive of 1916?

Thanks in advance!
skrail
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Acton book mentioned above was an absolute GOLDMINE for historiography when I did my PS. Just use textbooks for general info. But Acton goes some way into explaining Kerensky the PG et al. with all the schools of historiography considered
elliejones77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi i am currently doing this course work and was wondering did you find any sources that show the weaknesses of the provisional government, any help much appreciated thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (45)
40.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
18.92%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.41%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
9.01%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
10.81%

Watched Threads