The Student Room Group

Edexcel 2012 GCE grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lol, the FP1 boundary is so high. 72/75 for 90 UMS, 69/75 for an A.
anyone else think that physics unit 1 is completely out of order for the difficulty of the paper?
Reply 22
Thought it was a levels :frown: oh well
Reply 23
Original post by Aylish
Thought it was a levels :frown: oh well

It is...
Reply 24
Well the Geography Unit 1 isn't too bad... 62/90 for an A is possible... Please...
Reply 25
Original post by AtomicMan
anyone else think that physics unit 1 is completely out of order for the difficulty of the paper?

Hmm what is it usually?? :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Original post by James A
That's reassuring, the chem unit 2 and 4 boundaries aren't steep which is good. :smile:

I dont like it.
:\
Original post by EffKayy
Hmm what is it usually?? :s-smilie:

its usually around 57/58, everyone found that paper hard, how can it be deemed as average when easier papers were 53-56 for an A. Somewhat doubt this is actually official. Another one is 60/75 for the C1 paper, which was quite hard, yet 60/75 is like the average for an A on previous papers.
Reply 28
M1 is 63/75 seems about right....Thanks for the link
Reply 29
The maths grade boundaries are a joke
don't understand how its 65 for an A on c3
Reply 31
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
don't understand how its 65 for an A on c3

69 for an A on an AS PAPER?!
Reply 32
Original post by JOR2010
69 for an A on an AS PAPER?!

I agree, that is a bit high. Then again, this was the easiest FP1 paper of the lot...
Reply 33
Original post by Zhy
I agree, that is a bit high. Then again, this was the easiest FP1 paper of the lot...

I would have much preferred a harder paper and lower boundaries. I mean, the FP1 boundary is higher than D1! D1 I TELL YOU.. You know something's wrong when that happens...

Then again, FP1 had some silly questions - an induction proof that was WAY too easy, and so many 'show that' questions. We'll see Thursday!
Original post by AtomicMan
its usually around 57/58, everyone found that paper hard, how can it be deemed as average when easier papers were 53-56 for an A. Somewhat doubt this is actually official. Another one is 60/75 for the C1 paper, which was quite hard, yet 60/75 is like the average for an A on previous papers.

i found it hard too, but think of all the written answers and lack of calculations, people who may not be very good at physics will be able to blag marks- higher boundaries. :/
Reply 35
Original post by JOR2010
I would have much preferred a harder paper and lower boundaries. I mean, the FP1 boundary is higher than D1! D1 I TELL YOU.. You know something's wrong when that happens...

Then again, FP1 had some silly questions - an induction proof that was WAY too easy, and so many 'show that' questions. We'll see Thursday!

do you think these boundaries could be fake? i cannot believe 67 for A in D1 was hoping for like 64/65 like last year!!! how did he get them i think is fake :frown:
Reply 36
Is it me, or are the Maths (C3/C4) papers boundaries for A/A* really high? The papers were doable, but you had to maintain such accuracy throughout the papers :frown:
Reply 37
Original post by otrivine
do you think these boundaries could be fake? i cannot believe 67 for A in D1 was hoping for like 64/65 like last year!!! how did he get them i think is fake :frown:

67 isn't too much of a surprise for D1, but 69 for FP1 is 5 marks higher than ever before! We'll assume these are real, nobody would have gone to the effort of faking these?
Boundaries for maths in particular were very mean. Ouch :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by otrivine
do you think these boundaries could be fake?

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!! No.

Quick Reply

Latest