Stirling Firmers 2012

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be if I get an offer, interview on the 30th :biggrin:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Hi Anni! Congrats on your unconditional :smile: I have also firmed Stirling, and am going to be doing mental health nursing there - can't wait!!

Good luck with your interview Danny!!
Reply 3
Original post by chameleon94
Good luck with your interview! What have you applied for? :smile:

PE teaching. Also applied for Sport Science but not heard back.
Reply 4
Anni - I got an official looking letter when I first met the conditions, and they contacted me just last month asking for a copy of my qualifications, but i haven't had a welcome pack etc yet. Have you??

I'm sooo excited about going to stirling - a little nervous too though cos I don't know anyone else there! Do you?
Reply 5
My boyfriend studies there just now so I'm up there alot and know my way around well and I have to say it is absolutely beautiful :smile:

I have an unconditional for Marine Biology which I'm almost definitely going to firm this week :smile: but I might swap to Animal Biology
Reply 6
Hi all :smile:
Got an unconditional for law to start in September, hoping to accept but need to convince " the mothership" to let me ( too far to travel so will be in halls )
Hope to see you in September!
When this thread caught my eye I read it as "Stirling Farmers 2012" haha xD

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've lived in Stirling my entire life so if anyone has any questions about the area and such let me know! :biggrin: Congratulations to everyone who has offers and/or firmed!
Hey there :smile:

I just firmed my unconditional offer for Psychology!

Can't wait for September, I'm so excited xD
Reply 9
Hi everyone

I have just firmed my unconditional offer for law and politics and I am really looking forward to starting in September.
Original post by destinyandchicken
Hey there :smile:

I just firmed my unconditional offer for Psychology!

Can't wait for September, I'm so excited xD

I got an unconditional offer of psychology as well :biggrin: will you be moving there? And are you going to study in year 1 or 1 :smile:?
Yay, congrats! A fellow psychologist :smile:

BA or BSc? I'm doing the BSc (first year) and I'm definitely moving there... commuting from and to Germany would be a bit time consuming :wink:

How about you? Planning to live in the halls as well?
Haha yeah I imagine it would be :tongue: and yeah I'll be moving into the halls as well. I live in Scotland and not too far from Stirling actually but still too far for me to travel there and back everyday by bus. I'm doing psychology BSc and I'll be going into first year :smile: have you thought about what accommodation you'll be applying for?
From what I've heard so far, the accommodation is not the best, especially Geddes Court and Murray Hall, so I think either Andrew Stewart Hall or A K Davidson Hall. Not sure, though...

It also depends on whether or not I get a student loan. If I get one I think I'll spoil myself a bit and get a en-suite in ASH :smile:

What about you?
Reply 14
Aaah, July is such a long wait!!!
I got a health check, and criminal check through the post this morning for me to fill in - I've not received the information stuff though.
I'm sooooo excited, but it seems so long away - aaagh!
Anyone received "instructions to the University portal"?

Don't get your hopes up when you hear the name. Would have made accommodation a bit cheaper though :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by destinyandchicken
From what I've heard so far, the accommodation is not the best, especially Geddes Court and Murray Hall, so I think either Andrew Stewart Hall or A K Davidson Hall. Not sure, though...

It also depends on whether or not I get a student loan. If I get one I think I'll spoil myself a bit and get a en-suite in ASH :smile:

What about you?

Nope, it's quite hideous actually. But starting from this summer they are starting to renovate some of the residences. But it's sooo cheap compared to most other universities, I have many friends in other parts of the UK and they many do pay TWICE or even more than my rent (I'm in Murray).

I could afford ASH, but I'd heard of the "uppity" attitude of many, so thought I'd have a proper hall experience, which I don't regret. I can eat nicer quality food and really, you hardly ever have to queue for the shower!!
Original post by diane_h
Nope, it's quite hideous actually. But starting from this summer they are starting to renovate some of the residences. But it's sooo cheap compared to most other universities, I have many friends in other parts of the UK and they many do pay TWICE or even more than my rent (I'm in Murray).

I could afford ASH, but I'd heard of the "uppity" attitude of many, so thought I'd have a proper hall experience, which I don't regret. I can eat nicer quality food and really, you hardly ever have to queue for the shower!!

It does sound plausible when you put it that way... it's uni after all xD

So would you actually recommend Murray Hall? Cause it really would make a difference budget-wise. More money for food, yay!
Reply 18
As long as you bring plenty of pictures and posters to hide the breeze block! (Actually, no matter which campus residence you live in, I'm sure the decor is all the same)

Kitchen gets a bit horrid sometimes, but I'm sure this is the case everywhere.

As long as you don't mind living in close quarters with quite a few people, then you'll manage. After all, it's just for a year. Well, 38 weeks anyway!

I don't actually know what there isn't to like. Most of the problems you'd face in any other hall, (at Stirling anyway) and the others you learn to live with.
Reply 19
Apparently all the nurses stay in the same place? Is this true, and where do we stay??!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending