The Student Room Group

Nudity & Family - OK?

Do you think it's OK to be in the nude around one's family?

I have often walked around in the upstairs of my house naked especially to and from the bathroom to shower or bathe...:rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well it'd be pretty weird. Bearing in mid I'm male, I walk around topless. But nude? Personally, it's a no no.
We've always been an open family, and if we accidently catch someone naked its not really embarrasing but we don't walk around naked, well my mum does, she'll come in my room topless to borrow my deodrant or soemthng, no big deal
Reply 3
Strange....
Reply 4
I don't mind if my mum or sis see me naked if I'm getting ready for a bath/getting dressed or something. If my dad saw me I'd flip! My mum also isn't really that ashamed of her body.
My sis, however, is a totally different person - dare I say, prudish? I think if it's members of your family of the same sex who see you partially or fully unclothed then it's not a problem.
However I ALWAYS knock on my parents' bedroom door if I want to speak to them - my dad is in a female-dominated household in which he is the only male, so it wouldn't be fair to just barge in.
Reply 5
some of my friends parents walk around naked. Mine don't, tbh I'm embarrased to go downstairs in my PJs when my dad's home :redface:
Don't likey it.
Reply 6
Well in my family we used to all go to the sauna together, naked, and that was completely normal when I was younger. Now however it's a bit weird. My mum and sister are very open about it but I feel weird walking around half naked or without a bra or something.
Reply 7
I would not dare!
I used to go to the sauna naked with my family and relatives all the time when I was younger but now I haven't for several years cause it feels a little weird I guess.
Reply 9
I wouldn't do it. And to be honest i'm glad my family don't either....well i wouldn't appreciate my dad and brother walking around naked lol.
I'd walk around upstairs in my underwear, and especially wouldnt care infront of my mum. But not naked!
Reply 10
er i dont walk around the house naked unless i know no-ones in and since my house is on a public foot path its a bit risky with all the school boys walking past. i dont walk around naked for the sake of walking around naked, accidently walking in on someone naked is ok but i try to at least wear underwear. especially since i walked into my kitchen one monday morning in my underwear and my brothers mate was sitting eating breakfast at my kitchen table :eek: that wasnt imbarrassing :rolleyes:
invest in a dressing gown or use a towel!
Reply 11
Ewwwwww!!! God No!!! What Is Wrong With You?!
Reply 12
I should also add that I don't *deliberately* walk around with no clothes on, it's just that neither my mum or I mind if someone else in the family walks in on us (although I've already explained about the fact that I'd flip if that someone happened to be my dad...).
OH MY GOD NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE WOMAN'S VAGINA I CAME OUT OF!!1!!1!

:rolleyes:

I don't see a problem with it, but then I've only ever lived with my mum. Had a bit of spell as a young teenager of having to be covered all the time, but I really don't care anymore.
I'd be mortified to have to see any of my family members naked, or be naked in their presence :eek:

Obviously nakedness is being at one with nature etc, and fair enough if you're into that. But persoanlly..it makes me feel a bit ill..

To add something more to that, the only person(s) to have seen me naked is my bf (past bf's). So i guess there a bit of a sexual element to it, hence why it would feel so wrong to be naked aroung family etc.
Reply 15
I just don't see what the big deal is when you're around members of your family who are the same sex as you. You've all got the same bits...
It depends on your culture. For example in Finland its perfectly acceptable to be naked around family but in the States or Britain I guess people just aren't okay with it.
Reply 17
Hell no!!! Thats a horrible thought :eek:
Reply 18
no one wants to be an incest!!!
lol:biggrin:
Reply 19
musicdreamer
It depends on your culture. For example in Finland its perfectly acceptable to be naked around family but in the States or Britain I guess people just aren't okay with it.

What does my flag in my profile say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending