Nudity & Family - OK? Watch

galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate it when my family see me in a towel, going from the shower to my room. My mum's door is sometimes open when she's getting dressed. If I happen to walk past it's "Close the door!!"
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Esquire:
Says who?
As I've already mentioned several times, I would flip if my dad ever saw me in my underwear, and vice versa. There's nothing abnormal about it - plus we're all very different people in my family. My sister is very private about her body, and that's her choice.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nobodies said they make a conscious effort to walk around naked at all times, but if we do happen to catch each other naked its no big deal, it's just natural after all!
musicdreamer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
What does my flag in my profile say?
Well I wasn't referring to you. I just meant it from a general perspective.
starya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
Nobodies said they make a conscious effort to walk around naked at all times, but if we do happen to catch each other naked its no big deal, it's just natural after all!
Exactly, except for my dad.

(Original post by musicdreamer)
Well I wasn't referring to you. I just meant it from a general perspective.
Yes, I've definitely noticed that people are a lot more open about being naked in Finland than other countries (might be somewhere else too of course). I guess it's partially due to the whole sauna culture.. I mean it's common practise for co-workers or the equivalent of student societies to have 'sauna nights' - and yes, usually everyone goes in the sauna naked. And that's seen as completely normal.
J Darnley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
Who defines normal?
The majority of people define normal.
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I couldn't stand to be naked in front of family members, and my family is never naked in front of me either.
It would just weird me out personally.
Siblok
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i will never walk around naked infront of my family, but happy to walk about in boxers. There is nothing wrong with being seen naked by your family, its just i dont do it!
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dear God no
mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm the only one in my house who doesn't walk around naked!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Def. not
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not infront of my dad, but i honestly couldnt care less about my mum or sister seeing me naked.

I often have conversations with my mum when either her or me are in the bath, shes my mum for gods sake, shes seen me naked all my life, and she used to breast feed me, nothing to be embaressed about.
Its funny my mum will be in the bath, dad brushing his teeth, me sitting on the stool gossiping to my mum, my mum obvioulsy is an exhibisionist!!
However i make a effort not to be seen by my sister (25) naked or partially naked because shes very funny about weight, and has a really low confidence, and always compares herself to me because i'm thinner.

Apart from that its all good, their your family!
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tanzy)
Do you think it's OK to be in the nude around one's family?

I have often walked around in the upstairs of my house naked especially to and from the bathroom to shower or bathe...:rolleyes:
They invented towels, bath robes, dressing gowns for a reason you know jeeeez :rolleyes:
x-CrAzY-x
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
urm well not naked as such i might walk around the house in my bra (with trousers on) but not completely naked.
lazydays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't do it, nor does anybody else in my family and I'm Thankful. Even if I did want to-I'd be out off by the fact I spotted the kids accross the street watching me get changed once!
zoea85
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For those who say its disturbing and unnatural, why? If you have such a problem with it, I think you have more issues than the people who feel comfortable enough with nature who do it. Don't judge others just because they do something which you don't do, its not 'abnormal' its just cultural/individual differences. Its hardly a crime anyway, there are worse things in the world to be worrying about than people who walk around naked in their house.
Pink Sparkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Eww nope, i dont let anyone in my family see me naked. That just seems so wrong. Only my bf has that privalige :p:
Drug Lord
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One trip to Sweden would sort everybody out
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by musicdreamer)
I used to go to the sauna naked with my family and relatives all the time when I was younger but now I haven't for several years cause it feels a little weird I guess.

heh, the first time my mate met his exwifes swedish family for the first time they were naked in the sauna... he told me it was the most uncomfortable hes ever been in his life.. he kept his board shorts on and escaped at the first possible opportunity to the bar!
Talon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hell no. Sometimes my dad feels it appropriate to wonder around with little on...Ewwwww.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.34%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.41%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.25%

Watched Threads