Turn on thread page Beta

Nudity & Family - OK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Erm, personally no, not really comfortable with that. Although, when I lived at home it was just my mum and I so I would quite happily be not fully dressed all the time, i.e scurry through the living room in my undies to find the top I wanted to wear out etc. And no real problem in having a conversation when one of us was topless or something, when you need to say something to the other one when they're getting dressed to go the work/college etc. But no NEVER EVER male family members! (Personally) I think the OP's getting a hell of a lot of stick here though. Incest? What a load of *******s. I can see where those posts are coming from cos, uh, natural body repsonses to those sights, BUT if that sort of thing was brewing I'm sure clothed/ unclothed would make little difference.I imagine it's just a person crossing that boundary into sickness/ unnaturalness regardless of clothes etc. Yuck. I don't know, each to their own I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    oh ffs. Just because you don't care if your mother or sister happens to see you with no clothes on it doesn't mean you're sexually warped. I don't deliberately strut around nude, and I'm sure the OP doesn't either.
    (Original post by johnnysgirl)
    (Personally) I think the OP's getting a hell of a lot of stick here though. Incest? What a load of *******s.
    I just said I have walked around naked upstairs, I never said it was when my mum/dad/sister/brother were there etc I was just wondering what other people feel about being naked in front of them, as it has almost certainly happened at least once to each one of us - getting caught naked by a family member! Talk about getting stick....

ReputationRep:
    No in which case I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Especially if nobody's in, I used to wonder about naked/ scantily clad a bit between rooms or whatever if I was home alone(obv don't do that at uni!) It isn't like you're all sitting around of an evening watching Coronation Street in the buff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzy)
    Do you think it's OK to be in the nude around one's family?

I have often walked around in the upstairs of my house naked especially to and from the bathroom to shower or bathe...:rolleyes:
    meh, personally prefer to cover a bit, but if there r no towels around then whatever...

ReputationRep:
    I walk around in boxers round people, thas about it.
    Not if i'm errect tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kacas)
    I walk around in boxers round people, thas about it.
    Not if i'm errect tho
    ^o) thats ok then......

ReputationRep:
    hehehe indeed.

ReputationRep:
    no, no and just to make it clear...no!

I can't believe some of these replies! I quite frequently see both my older sisters naked, for instance if I go up to their rooms to borrow something and they've just had a bath/shower and are getting dressed. If I'm in the bath I have no problem with one of my sisters coming in to go to the toilet or brush their teeth or something...

As for my parents, well I see both of them walk around completely starkers in their room, just before they go to bed, cos I often go into their room to watch telly.

I know we're probably a very open family but, er....incest? How is that incest? We don't touch each other....jeez!

In my family. neither me or my sister or my step dad walk around naked. But my mum will happliy do her make up or dry her hair naked, and leave the door open for everyone to see. Also we only have one bathroom where we brush our teeth and bath and shower, so if I'm in the shower in the morning, I have to leave the door open so people who need to brush their teeth can come in. But you cant see the shower from the basin. though my mum is happy to come and have a conversation with me while im in the shower, I find it uncomfortable though.

ReputationRep:
    We're not naturists by any means, but I regularly walk around in the mornings in just my boxers, and I'm really not bothered if I stumble into my mum, dad or brothers getting dressed or vice versa. FFS, they're your close family, nothing you can say or do will embarrass them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    Who defines normal?
    The majority.

ReputationRep:
    I don't prance around naked and neither do my family, but it has happened, no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Buttercup your perfectly normal...I walk naked upstairs to and from the bathroom all the time. wouldnt go sownstairs though, I tend to miss hearing the doorbell! It's not like we prance around naked or something but we get changed and if someone walks in, big deal, its not like that means anything they're my parents and sisters for gods sake.

just to cause an uproar...i do get naked in my best friends houses since ive known their families since ive been two. I've also been to a nudest beach many times. Match that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    OH MY GOD NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE WOMAN'S VAGINA I CAME OUT OF!!1!!1!

:rolleyes:

I don't see a problem with it, but then I've only ever lived with my mum. Had a bit of spell as a young teenager of having to be covered all the time, but I really don't care anymore.

hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maski)
    Buttercup your perfectly normal...I walk naked upstairs to and from the bathroom all the time. wouldnt go sownstairs though, I tend to miss hearing the doorbell! It's not like we prance around naked or something but we get changed and if someone walks in, big deal, its not like that means anything they're my parents and sisters for gods sake.

just to cause an uproar...i do get naked in my best friends houses since ive known their families since ive been two. I've also been to a nudest beach many times. Match that one!
    I go everywhere naked, even bingo.

ReputationRep:
    Er no... I really don't think my dad would appreciate it at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Some of these replies I find disturbing.

Personally, I think it is disgusting to walk nude around family members, especially those of the opposite sex.

WAYHAY Sithius!!!! DAMN RIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynseyweth)
    Er no... I really don't think my dad would appreciate it at all.
    I bet he would. Wayhey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I bet he would. Wayhey!
    ^o)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.