Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering how many people drive, and how long it took/how many lessons were required for you to pass your test.
    I've just started lessons, and I really want to be able to drive by the time I go to uni, as I'm taking a Sandwich year in my degree, and I think that being able to drive would give me an advantage when applying for placements.

ReputationRep:
    I can't drive but I am at test standard, there is just no reason for me to drive at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I just did my theory on Thursday and am going to do the practical soon. I think u can take as short or as long as u want to learn to drive - it really depends on how many lessons u get. Also it comes alot more naturally to some than to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I can't drive but I am at test standard, there is just no reason for me to drive at the moment.
    How long/ how many lessons did it take for you to get to "test standard"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    How long/ how many lessons did it take for you to get to "test standard"?
    Erm I have no idea I am guessing around 100 but then I do have co-ordination difficulties due to a defect at birth.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had around 60 lessons and am still hopeless! It really depends how quickly you learn things like that- some people i know have passed their tests after only 10 lessons

ReputationRep:
    It took me about 50 lessons or so and I passed second time - should've passed after 35ish but I did something stupid at some traffic lights ( got careless cos the test was almost over). Took ages to get a retest too - such a pain cos I had to have lessons for another 3 months to keep things up.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how much practise you have. My friend passed his test within 3 months of being 17. He used to drive about twice a day, prior to taking his test.

ReputationRep:
    13 Lessons and passed first time.

ReputationRep:
    can't be arsed to fill in the form

ReputationRep:
    i had about 30 lessons - my exmainer fell asleep during my test, was weird, he put his chair right back as soon as he got in the car and when i was reversing around the corner i noticed he had his eyes closed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i had about 30 lessons - my exmainer fell asleep during my test, was weird, he put his chair right back as soon as he got in the car and when i was reversing around the corner i noticed he had his eyes closed!
    One of my mates bounced up the curb and repositioned twice on a parallel park and didnt even get a minor for it :/ I on the other hand got a minor for pretty much every tiny mistake I made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    One of my mates bounced up the curb and repositioned twice on a parallel park and didnt even get a minor for it :/ I on the other hand got a minor for pretty much every tiny mistake I made
    was that jess?

ReputationRep:
    i got 8 minors i think, didnt get and for that reverse round corner tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    was that jess?
    No it was Ali

ReputationRep:
    No it was Ali
    I think jess made shitloads of mistakes but she was passed anyway

ReputationRep:
    No it was Ali
    ali baba and his forty thieves?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    ali baba and his forty thieves?
    thats the one

you know him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    thats the one

you know him?
    yeh how did he fit his forty theives in the car???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    yeh how did he fit his forty theives in the car???
    they were dwarves and it was a big car

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.