The Student Room Group

Psychology January Exam Results!

Hey peeps, thought I'd make a thread about the current psychology exam that was taken on the 12th January. What grade did you get?

I flopped that paper nicely....Unfortunately I got a U in thgat paper :frown: anybody else get the same grade as me. To be honest, I thought I did well especially with the MSM essay question! I cant believe they increased the grade boundaries. Unbelievable!
Reply 1
People are talking about this on the thread that was around when we were revising etc. :smile:
Reply 2
yhh....Its sad that they put the grade boundaries up! In order to get an 'A grade' you needed 68-70 out of 72! And to get a 'C grade' you needed at least 64 out of 72!
Reply 3
Original post by Boone_007
yhh....Its sad that they put the grade boundaries up! In order to get an 'A grade' you needed 68-70 out of 72! And to get a 'C grade' you needed at least 64 out of 72!

Again, is this the AS one yeahh?

Pathetic boundaries either way!
Reply 4
I got 100 ums for paper 3...couldnt believe it...but i worked really hard for it..like mega.

im on 273ums for papers 1,2 and 3. I just need 60ums in paper4 for an A overall.

Im going to push for the A* I think...work my socks off for this final push!
Original post by Mephestic
I got 100 ums for paper 3...couldnt believe it...but i worked really hard for it..like mega.

im on 273ums for papers 1,2 and 3. I just need 60ums in paper4 for an A overall.

Well done you! I'm on 171/200 UMS so far for AS; an A. Both PSYA3 and PSYA4 in June. Quite nervous. What topics did you do?

By the way you only need 57 UMS (D) for an A, not 60.
I got a B, highest mark in my year.

Pretty happy really.

With WJEC.
Reply 8
Original post by alexissocool
Well done you! I'm on 171/200 UMS so far for AS; an A. Both PSYA3 and PSYA4 in June. Quite nervous. What topics did you do?

Hey,

I did Sleep, Relationships and Aggression.

PSYA3 is HARD!!!!! There is just so so so so much to remember it fried my brain; You have a lot more ability than I do if you are doing both! I considered it when I did my psya2 exam in June last year and I had until January (6 months to revise) for both but looking at the papers I realised they were too much for me to handle so I only did one at a time.

But thats not to say others cant do it; I just found it too much for me.

I need a high D yes for an A but im hoping to get atleast an A and minimum 80ums so I can get the A* grade as Im within reach of that and I figured I might as well go for it...in truth il be happy with an A overall.

If you need any help with psya3 and those 3 topics in particular feel free to holla and il see what I can do; I still have loads of notes on them.

If you havnt started on psya3 already I would suggest you jump right in; when you see how much each topic has you will see why I was panicking.

Each topic has a total of about 6-8 possible essays you need to remember so on average around 20 essays you need to memorise with names of researchers, studies and concepts and outlines for all.

It was soul destroying for me :frown:
Hey,

I did Sleep, Relationships and Aggression.

PSYA3 is HARD!!!!! There is just so so so so much to remember it fried my brain; You have a lot more ability than I do if you are doing both! I considered it when I did my psya2 exam in June last year and I had until January (6 months to revise) for both but looking at the papers I realised they were too much for me to handle so I only did one at a time.

But thats not to say others cant do it; I just found it too much for me.

I need a high D yes for an A but im hoping to get atleast an A and minimum 80ums so I can get the A* grade as Im within reach of that and I figured I might as well go for it...in truth il be happy with an A overall.

If you need any help with psya3 and those 3 topics in particular feel free to holla and il see what I can do; I still have loads of notes on them.

If you havnt started on psya3 already I would suggest you jump right in; when you see how much each topic has you will see why I was panicking.

Each topic has a total of about 6-8 possible essays you need to remember so on average around 20 essays you need to memorise with names of researchers, studies and concepts and outlines for all.

It was soul destroying for me :frown:

Exactly! Hence why I'm starting to panic now. I've memorised chucks from each aspect of PSYA3 topics but I don't know everything thoroughly enough.
Can you give me tips/advice for Sleep? I'm finding that topic the hardest - I suppose it's just knowing how much I need to include in an essay.
Thank you.
Reply 10
Original post by alexissocool
Exactly! Hence why I'm starting to panic now. I've memorised chucks from each aspect of PSYA3 topics but I don't know everything thoroughly enough.
Can you give me tips/advice for Sleep? I'm finding that topic the hardest - I suppose it's just knowing how much I need to include in an essay.
Thank you.

what's your email? il email you all my notes, I have them zipped in rar. format.

I basically memorized more rather than less as at least If you can't recall everything you should still have a sufficient amount still to get decent marks. I think you need to make sure every point is expanded too, don't just make a statement without explaining what it means and the implications for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending