Imperial Medicine Scholarships Watch

SkaterGirl
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all,

Has anyone been offered the medical school scholarship and if so do they know any more details? I got an offer from Imperial on 31st Jan - was over the moon! If any current Imperial students have more info, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

SkaterGirl
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey,

Well done, that's a fantastic achievement! I was a student on some of the interviews this year and the panel I was on didn't give out any; the one person who was considered didn't quite make the grade and she was brilliant, so you must've had a pretty impressive interview debut

Try sending Elles a PM. She's a 3rd year Oxford medic and got offered an Imperial scholarship so might be able to shred some light on the situation.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SkaterGirl)
Hi all,

Has anyone been offered the medical school scholarship and if so do they know any more details? I got an offer from Imperial on 31st Jan - was over the moon! If any current Imperial students have more info, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

SkaterGirl
Wow very well done :yy: ! You must have impressed them greatly! Do you think you'll take up Imperial's offer?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Wow very well done :yy: ! You must have impressed them greatly! Do you think you'll take up Imperial's offer?
Do you know who got them in our year? They're like gold dust by all accounts!
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Miles)
Do you know who got them in our year? They're like gold dust by all accounts!
I know of one who has an academic one. She sooo clever. For her BSc she said she wanted to go to UCL so Imperial increased her scholarship and guaranteed the project of her choice, incl pressing for a publication. The power of the girl! The only other are the rugby "scholars". I dont mix with the clever ones cos I feel even more dumb than usual :p:!

They're def rare tho - there's about 400 in our year and wouldn't think there's more than a handful! And our year is one of the better ones (even tho I prob bring it down lol :p:).
SkaterGirl
(Original post by Miles)
Hey,

Well done, that's a fantastic achievement! I was a student on some of the interviews this year and the panel I was on didn't give out any; the one person who was considered didn't quite make the grade and she was brilliant, so you must've had a pretty impressive interview debut .
Wow very well done ! You must have impressed them greatly! Do you think you'll take up Imperial's offer?
Thank you both very much for your congratulations. I will definitely take up Imperial's offer. I'm very excited about going there. I'm v. thankful for the offer of the scholarship too, seeing its prestige!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
I know of one who has an academic one. She sooo clever. For her BSc she said she wanted to go to UCL so Imperial increased her scholarship and guaranteed the project of her choice, incl pressing for a publication. The power of the girl! The only other are the rugby "scholars". I dont mix with the clever ones cos I feel even more dumb than usual :p:!

They're def rare tho - there's about 400 in our year and wouldn't think there's more than a handful! And our year is one of the better ones (even tho I prob bring it down lol :p:).
hmmm...I might know who you mean. Head hunting and retention by Imperial plc? Who'd have thought it....
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SkaterGirl)
Hi all,

Thanks,

SkaterGirl
Hey i also managed to get an offer from imperial last weeek and was over the moooon too !! its definitely my FIRM and i couldnt believe it when they said they're recommending that i get considered for a scholarship based on my interview..:eek:

i have been on the www.medschoolguide.co.uk and people say that we will be asked to write an essay in the summer and about 70% of us will eventually get the scholarships..

Good luck is imperial your first choice btw?
Rofl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My friend got a scholarship last year from Imperial...they basically called him in for a second interview.
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rofl)
My friend got a scholarship last year from Imperial...they basically called him in for a second interview.
not another interview:eek: ! i have already had 7 interviews in two and half months! well i guess that makes me experienced! tho 5 of them didnt go well! :p:

are the scholarship interviews more challenging? i presume they are.. :rolleyes:
Rofl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, to be honest, I don't actually know how he managed to get one lol. He isn't too academic, but he's got one heck of a personality Nice guys always get the best, right?
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rofl)
Well, to be honest, I don't actually know how he managed to get one lol. He isn't too academic, but he's got one heck of a personality Nice guys always get the best, right?
lol i reallly didnt think i'd get an offer let alone get considered for a scholarship as well! and people who know me well dont quite believe me when i tell them :p: and nice guys will probably be decent doctors! not quite sure about always getting the best is your friend at imperial right now ?
Rofl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, currently a 1st year medic.
SkaterGirl
(Original post by Marie05)
Hey i also managed to get an offer from imperial last weeek and was over the moooon too !! its definitely my FIRM and i couldnt believe it when they said they're recommending that i get considered for a scholarship based on my interview..:eek:

i have been on the www.medschoolguide.co.uk and people say that we will be asked to write an essay in the summer and about 70% of us will eventually get the scholarships..

Good luck is imperial your first choice btw?
Hi Marie. Sorry this reply is a long time since you posted. Yes, Imperial is my first choice and my only choice now. I can't wait to start.

Thanks for your info and congratulations on your offer and scholarship offer too.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Congratulations on receiving your scholarship offer you two! I can't imagine what it takes to get one... you must be quite special!

Completely off topic Skater Girl sorry...

What skating do you do and what experience do you have?

It'll be nice to see more skaters gracing Imperial College, especially with Hyde Park (Serpentine Road) just nearby!
SkaterGirl
(Original post by 4Ed)
Congratulations on receiving your scholarship offer you two! I can't imagine what it takes to get one... you must be quite special!

Completely off topic Skater Girl sorry...

What skating do you do and what experience do you have?

It'll be nice to see more skaters gracing Imperial College, especially with Hyde Park (Serpentine Road) just nearby!
Hi 4Ed. Thank you very much for your congratulations.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the skating I do is on Tony Hawk's on the ol' Playstation!! I have no real experience whatsoever but would love to be able to skate. Are you a skater?
rhythm_bandit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol.
I can roller blade. damn, i didnt put that on my ps.

i dont do half pipes, backflips, suicide jumps and other stuff that ive seen some ppl do. the only trick i can do is go backwards lol.

i can do really tight turns by putting one foot in front of the other, so the wheels are in a straight liine and then shifting my weight close to the ground, kinda like how racing motorcyclics turn.

think i went into too much detail... oh, and i like going fast.
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heh, I used to skate a lot a few years ago.
EmberToInferno
Report 12 years ago
Heh, any other skaters here going to Imperial? I skateboard quite a bit, I've got a World Industries deck with some generic trucks and wheels. Not much of a fan of vert skating (i.e on half-pipes etc.) but I can pull off some street tricks like kickflips, heelflips, ollies 50-50 grinds, not too much more unfortunately!
The Caretaker
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wayhay! Now we are three! I got considered for scholarship too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (908)
80%
Leave (227)
20%

Watched Threads