The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Caretaker
wayhay! Now we are three! I got considered for scholarship too!

Hey Caretaker! Congratulations on your scholarship!

It's nice to hear from some genuine skaters too :smile:.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
The Caretaker
wayhay! Now we are three! I got considered for scholarship too!

Make that four:wink: Congrats to all! Looking forward to seeing you guys in October.
Reply 22
Seth
Make that four:wink: Congrats to all! Looking forward to seeing you guys in October.

:cheers:

Seth, Caretaker, SkaterGirl have any of you received the essay title yet?!

:smile: I received it this morning and we are required to write a 2000 word essay on..

"Why do medical undergraduates need to study basic science?"

:eek:
great, something else "fun" for me to do! And that topic, so hard to write an essay thats not totally cliched with that! btw when's the deadline for it? can i leave it until A levels are over?
Reply 24
Hi Marie05,

Yes, I received the essay title this morning. If any students currently at Imperial have any advice for this I would be very grateful!
Reply 25
SkaterGirl
Hi Marie05,

Yes, I received the essay title this morning. If any students currently at Imperial have any advice for this I would be very grateful!

Hey :smile:
yeaa i would be very grateful too! lol :redface:

The Caretaker - our deadline is 31 July so yea you can leave it until after A levels
sorry to bring this thread back up but its gotta be said this is hard! and having to do this on top of A levels too :mad: i just wanna relax now, not do research.
Reply 27
I'm struggling too. Where are people finding their research? Are there any good books on the subject? Or is it just in the medical journals?
i really don't know what medical journals will help you with such an obscure title. i mean its not exactly the stuff of a scientific thesis.

However, this website has essays from kids our age writing about what medicine will be like in 2050. I know the title is completely different but it does have the same format (ie: 5 bullet points at start and around 2000 words)

http://www.gmc-uk.org/education/publications/essays.asp#winners

also i think their bibliogoraphies are worth looking at. mostly new scientist but there are some websites which may be useful.

hope this helps everybody!
Reply 29
Thanks, Caretaker.
Reply 30
SkaterGirl
Thanks, Caretaker.

wow..u guys are clever!..
im a yr12 student...interested in medicine.. but probably wont get it

could you give me some tips about the process..

eg. grades?
personal statement
interview skills..

extra-curricular stuff?

cheers
Seth

Don't forget me. Have now written essay.
yep, i have finally completed mine too. fingers crossed!
Reply 33
I'll just say :
"good luck everyone"
;thumbsup;
Reply 34
hello there..im currenlty in year 11..and am now awaitng my GCSE results..my ultimate ambition is to study medicene in Imeprial college..i jus want to know what type of results in gcse and a/levels and if being chosen for a science summer school and applying for a crest award hepls.... PLEASE REPLY..
Reply 35
Hi Jay and simb39. All the best with your applications. My advice is to do as much as you can to make your application outstanding! Get the best grades, do as much extra-curricular activities as you can. Summer schools and extra awards may well help your application as you will stand out. The application process is difficult, I'm not going to make any bones about it; having had to take a year out and reapply. So that's why I say do your best to stand out and then your chances are increased, hopefully!
oh well... unsuccessful:frown:
Reply 37
The Caretaker
oh well... unsuccessful:frown:

me too:redface:
That makes three of us.:wink: Now for a couple of sour grapes...(!)
Reply 39
Add me to the list :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending