Imperial College Medicine Scholarship Watch

This discussion is closed.
SkaterGirl
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all,

Has anyone been offered the medical school scholarship and if so do they know any more details? I got an offer from Imperial on 31st Jan - was over the moon! If any current Imperial students have more info, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

SkaterGirl
Seth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SkaterGirl)
Hi all,

Has anyone been offered the medical school scholarship and if so do they know any more details? I got an offer from Imperial on 31st Jan - was over the moon! If any current Imperial students have more info, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

SkaterGirl

I got the same scholarship offer thing yep. Was yours the 'performance at interview' one? I think they let us know more of the details in the summer.

Well done though!
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You usually have to make Gimperial your firm to qualify.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
You usually have to make Gimperial your firm to qualify.
but of course... :p:

anyhow - from what i've heard it's awarded by essay in the summer, i.e. after firm & insurances have been chosen - odds are then pretty good apparently ~70% from the numbers i heard yonks ago.

"small in monetary value but with obvious prestige associating with winning one" or something.

congrats to both of you.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well done clever clogs !
SkaterGirl
Thanks to all of you for your congratulations. Congratulations to you Seth too. My scholarship offer was the "performance at interview" one, yes. I'm really chuffed. Does anyone have actual essay titles that they've asked for in the past?
Big Fat Mel
Report 12 years ago
You are my new idol! Well done, maybe some of us might see you at Uni.
SkaterGirl
(Original post by Big Fat Mel)
You are my new idol! Well done, maybe some of us might see you at Uni.
Whoa! Thanks very much! But "new idol"?! That's going a bit far lol! Would be good to see you at uni, yeah. Have you applied to Imperial?
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey everyone, i got a scholarship too! but but its "Cockburn Rugby Scholarship"!! i have never played rugby in my life (well i played some tag rugby a few times) ...and im a girl and therefore i do not intend to go into it either lol! :p:

soo...im sorta confused people!! can anyone explain..? i will call imperial tomorrow i think..

And very well done for those with "performance at interview" scholarships...they are impresssive!

take care all xx
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Marie05)
hey everyone, i got a scholarship too! but but its "Cockburn Rugby Scholarship"!! i have never played rugby in my life (well i played some tag rugby a few times) ...and im a girl and therefore i do not intend to go into it either lol! :p:

soo...im sorta confused people!! can anyone explain..? i will call imperial tomorrow i think..

And very well done for those with "performance at interview" scholarships...they are impresssive!

take care all xx
i'm guessing you haven't thought of putting "Cockburn Rugby Scholarship" into google - because the first hit is a good one... I'd give them a call
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i called imperial up today...and they said that the "Cockburn Rugby Scholarship" (mentioned on a separate A4 sheet) and the scholarship (mentioned in the letter offering me a place) are two different things...

apparently, they give out the sheet describing the "cockburn Rugby Scholarships" to everyone that gets an offer..and if you're interested you can apply for it....is that true all those who have offers from imperial..?

And the scholarship i will be considered for when i submit my essay in the summer is for interview performance :eek: :eek: and i thought i didnt do well at interview

Good luck all xx and if anyone needs any help with interviews, im willing to help because i have just found out that im good when it comes to interviews! :rolleyes:
rhythm_bandit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Damn straight you're good!!
cramnotes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, scholarship for interview. I wonder what the criteria for it is. Congtratulations.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (131)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (151)
53.55%