The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3 Results?

Scroll to see replies

I got a U too. I definitely think it's my exam technique! I need a B overall *sigh* I knew I was going to get a U anyways, I've never really been particularly strong in the subject. I have the knowledge as well it's just putting it on paper that throws me off grrr. Maybe like myself you need to keep doing practice papers according to the time given in the real exam, and when it comes to the actual exam make sure you have had enough rest, calm your nerves and allocate your timing effectively. We can do this!! xxx
With BUSS3 its all about the exam structure, the less you write the better. My business studies teacher was an examiner for business studies.
Reply 22
Original post by MaryMary234
I got a U too. I definitely think it's my exam technique! I need a B overall *sigh* I knew I was going to get a U anyways, I've never really been particularly strong in the subject. I have the knowledge as well it's just putting it on paper that throws me off grrr. Maybe like myself you need to keep doing practice papers according to the time given in the real exam, and when it comes to the actual exam make sure you have had enough rest, calm your nerves and allocate your timing effectively. We can do this!! xxx

Hey, I got 100% in this exam in 2010. If you want, you could upload some essays and I could go through and give you some hints/tips?
Original post by Magic Dust
Hey, I got 100% in this exam in 2010. If you want, you could upload some essays and I could go through and give you some hints/tips?

really oh thanks that would be great!! :smile: could you inbox me your email or however you would want to do it. Thanks again!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by MaryMary234
really oh thanks that would be great!! :smile: could you inbox me your email or however you would want to do it. Thanks again!!!! :biggrin:

Just quote or PM me and I'll see it :smile:
Original post by Smeemi
I got 74/100 for BUSS3 but got myself back upto an A with my BUSS2 resit (105/120).

Hey sorry to dig out an old post, what resources did you use for the knowledge side of BUSS2? CGP or Student unit guides?
Reply 26
Original post by cera ess six
Hey sorry to dig out an old post, what resources did you use for the knowledge side of BUSS2? CGP or Student unit guides?

I found that the CGP book is the best for unit 2. It's quite long but you can make brief notes on it. I also did every past paper about 5 times :tongue:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Smeemi
I found that the CGP book is the best for unit 2. It's quite long but you can make brief notes on it. I also did every past paper about 5 times :tongue:.

:redface:o what about definitions?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
i got a high A for as in business and then an E in unit 3 :frown: I revised loads and always got good results in class tests, I have no idea what to do for the resit haha! I need a B :frown: unit 4 is scaring me toooo :frown: x
Original post by DaynaF
i got a high A for as in business and then an E in unit 3 :frown: I revised loads and always got good results in class tests, I have no idea what to do for the resit haha! I need a B :frown: unit 4 is scaring me toooo :frown: x

Did you also use the CGP book? for unit 2
Reply 30
Original post by cera ess six
:redface:o what about definitions?

I remember definitions very well for some reason. I just put the definition for each topic at the top and thats that. For BUSS2 you need to have good structure to your answers and make sure you apply everything to the case study and then evaluate well.
Reply 31
What's the best way to revise for unit 2 because I think it's just a waste of time if i pile through my notes as i have done this on two previous occasions and got poor marks. Any advice? Much appeciated.
Reply 32
Original post by TB.93
What's the best way to revise for unit 2 because I think it's just a waste of time if i pile through my notes as i have done this on two previous occasions and got poor marks. Any advice? Much appeciated.

buss2 the worst exam I have taken to date. I did the exact same and ploughed through my notes and got a B then an E. relating answers to the case study is key I think.
Original post by Magic Dust
Just quote or PM me and I'll see it :smile:

Hi,

I know it was an old thread but I read you scored 100% in BUSS3, I got an A for AS Business and I wish to mantain that A overall, I was hoping you could give me some advice and tips regarding BUSS3 as I'd be very grateful!

Thanks for reading!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest