The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 ~ 21 May 2012 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
thought it was fine, 2 hours for the mitosis question?
that paper was okay , some silly questions in it
Original post by tom.west
I put something about how older patients would be more prone to infection

Its because the results may be affected by age, by having people the same age it allows comparison
Reply 2663
Original post by Spellstheend
At the arteriole end of the capillary, hydrostatic pressure is high. This leads to fluid containing glucose, oxygen etc passing out of the capillary. The proteins in the plasma are too big to pass through the gaps in the capillary walls so remain in the blood. At the venule end of the capillary hydrostatic pressure is low as the tissue fluid has left the blood. The water potential is low in the capillary due to the blood proteins, this causes water to move back into the capillary by osmosis. Any other fluid is drained via the lymph, which eventually returns to the blood via ducts in veins near the heart.

well you deffo got 6 marks !!
Reply 2664
Original post by happ

yuuup, i got that, and most of the people i asked afterwards :smile:

what other taxon did that hummingbird belong to?
Reply 2665
What did everyone write for the last question? I got well confused

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2666
Hmm I think the difficultly was similar to jan12... So maybe similar grade boundaries. The last question was annoying :tongue:
Original post by happ

That's what I got
Reply 2668
Original post by Conan
I was really confused about last question part (c), where they ask you why the people selected were all similar ages?

I put they would have the same probability of developing heart valve disease because if it was someone young compared to someone old the old person would have a much bigger chance of developing it
I thought last question was quite vague and the fact that there was a whole page of lines for a 4 mark question was quite off putting :P
Reply 2670
Did people get Metaphase and Anaphase?
or Prophase and Anaphase?
if anyone does an unofficial mark scheme, can they post it on here :smile:
Original post by izzwizz

Yep Metaphase and Anaphase , the pictures were terrible! :P
Original post by izzwizz

I got metaphase, i deliberated over prophase but thought prophase would be more random and coiled together as they did seem to be lining up..?
Reply 2674
Original post by happ

Can you tell me how you got that? :/
Reply 2675
Original post by izzwizz

Prophase and anaphase is what I got
Reply 2676
Original post by izzwizz

metaphase and anaphase because for the first one it looked like they were linked up in the middle and the spindle fibres were attached to the centromere, i could be wrong though
Reply 2677
Original post by hannah1994
I got metaphase, i deliberated over prophase but thought prophase would be more random and coiled together as they did seem to be lining up..?

woo I put metaphase :smile: my friend thought it was prophase so i panicked. The pictures were awful!!
Reply 2678
Original post by hannah1994

maybe both are right? as long as you put the right evidence
Reply 2679
Original post by roro_tu
maybe both are right? as long as you put the right evidence

never know with AQA mark schemes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending