The Student Room Group

What to wear to an Apple Corporate interview in London?

I'm going in for an interview with Apple Corporate in London and really have no idea whether to wear a suit or dress down a bit.

Can anyone shed some light?
Reply 1
Suit.
Reply 2
Original post by Victor-PP
Suit.

How comes?
Wear some Dr. Dre Beats around your neck so that they know you're a firm advocate of overpriced goods.
Original post by Timba
How comes?

Because you are going to a job interview.
Reply 5
blue jeans, white trainers and a black polo neck.

I bet they never get that.
Suit up. It is corporate after all, and even if you are overdressed at least you made an effort.
Reply 7
Doesn't matter what you wear. Just make sure you bring your Iphone, Ipad, Ipod and Apple Mac with you.
Reply 8
Anything with the word "corporate" in it should automatically say to you that you need a suit, unless told otherwise by them.
Reply 9
Original post by HSG1992
Wear some Dr. Dre Beats around your neck so that they know you're a firm advocate of overpriced goods.

Quoted for funniest response i've heard on here for some time.
Reply 10
Lol, I am loving the 'suit' responses here. Have any of you actually been to the loop? Apple are not wants to make bones about conventional business dress. Just make yourself presentable, some nice deo, a tshirt, chinos maybe a blazer and you will be fine. Turning up in a suit to an interview with Apple will more than likely send them the wrong sign (that you aren't an 'apple person') than the right one.

(in essence smart casual is best).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
I'm inclined to think it's as buttoned down as any similar corporate after reading several 'the truth about working for apple' articles... The turtleneck and jeans is just a public facade to get the hipsters opening their wallets.
I.e. Suit unless it's customer facing.
Why don't you just phone up and ask them about the dress code?
Reply 13
Thanks for all your help guys.

FYI, I just got a response from the interviewer telling me that there's no need to wear a suit, the dress code is casual.

Although I appreciate all your responses, the guys that were so certain that I should wear a suit - maybe be more open-minded next time?

Still though, even if their dress code is casual, maybe I should be a bit smart casual. Any ideas?
Original post by Timba

Although I appreciate all your responses, the guys that were so certain that I should wear a suit - maybe be more open-minded next time?

Still though, even if their dress code is casual, maybe I should be a bit smart casual. Any ideas?

Open-minded has nothing to do with it; at most job interviews if you turned up casual they wouldn't even consider you because it looks sloppy and disrespectful.

And yes you should certainly be at the smarter end of casual, maybe a suit without a tie but certainly not jeans or a tshirt.
Reply 15
suit, you always wear a suit to interviews of this nature, you wont get penalized for dressing up but you sure will for dressing down.
although it cant hurt to email/ring them and confirm a dress code.

oh and never ever ever ever wear jeans, ever.
Shirt, navy blue jumper (wear so that the collars are showing), black trousers, belt (even if not needed imo) and nice shiny (pointed if you have them) shoes :smile:. Smart casual too me!
Reply 17
When they say casual for interview it is better to wear smart casual. However, I would personally go for business casual, just because it gives a good impression without wearing a jacket and tie (which could make you look rather silly if you are the only one). Open long-sleeve shirt, black trousers with a nice belt and black shoes would be the best bet :smile:
HAHA, don't wear Chinos. Never wear chinos. Try some smart pants a jacket but a more casual top? That way, you have the best of both really!
Reply 19
Just re-bumping this old thread, as I came across it while prepping for my interview at Apple corporate in London last week. For all those in the future, definitely follow the casual dress code. I almost went in a suit until the person interviewing me made it clear that the dress code was casual, and emphasized they were looking for a "cultural fit" as well, which to me was him saying DO NOT COME IN A SUIT.

I ended up in dark jeans and an untucked button down shirt and some semi-nice shoes. Seemed to be the right combination.

Best,

Acrbag

PS. Ended up getting the job! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending