The Student Room Group

Does this warrant a complaint?

Basically, I applied to for Diagnostic Radiography in november and got 5 rejections. To stop myself losing anymore confidence, I found that UWE do a foundation degree called 'healthcare practice'. It says that there is a pathway for radiography so I applied through extras. I have an interview on tuesday (yay), and when I spoke to admissions at UWE, they said that when I attend the interview to state that I want to do radiography, and it will be sorted. However, when I spoke to the people at Gloucester university, they said they are only interviewing for nursing and midwifery and they weren't aware of the radiography. It states clearly on the website however that I can do radiography and I don't know what to do. Im still going to the interview but its a 90 minute drive for me and it would be so annoying for them to turn me away when I get there. Do you think that it could just be gloucester don't know about it but if I mention it, it will get sorted because the radiography pathway is done on glen side?
I feel completely mislead and feel like i should complain, but are my reasons justified?
Thanks in advance
What the website appears to say is that Gloucestershire College are hosting the Nursing path of this program. The Radiography path is being run by UWE at their Glenside campus. This would explain why Gloucestershire are denying all knowledge of it - they don't run it, UWE do.

Ring UWE back and get them to confirm this. You don't have any grounds for a complaint because at the moment all you have is a potential misunderstanding on your side.
Reply 2
Original post by Becca-Sarah
What the website appears to say is that Gloucestershire College are hosting the Nursing path of this program. The Radiography path is being run by UWE at their Glenside campus. This would explain why Gloucestershire are denying all knowledge of it - they don't run it, UWE do.

Ring UWE back and get them to confirm this. You don't have any grounds for a complaint because at the moment all you have is a potential misunderstanding on your side.

But I've been told by UWE that all interviews, including radiography, are at Gloucester, even though gloucester are insistent that its just nursing. Even when I applied through extra, there was no option for glenside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending